To Baby Carrier or not... with a one year old

Maybe this was the older or specific model? I have an Original Ergo I bought when my boys were almost 2 years old. It carries up to 45lbs.

I have the Ergo 360. I bought it last spring/summer. The classic Ergo does have a weight limit of 45 lbs. I should have gotten that one instead. I'm a first time mom and didn't have a clue that my kid would be 30 lbs at 16 months!

I have the Ergo 360. I bought it last spring/summer. The classic Ergo does have a weight limit of 45 lbs. I should have gotten that one instead. I'm a first time mom and didn't have a clue that my kid would be 30 lbs at 16 months!

Oh wow, yes that would make quite a difference. My boys were the opposite and at 5 1/2 years old I could technically still use the Original Ergo as they are not even 40lbs yet! First time around though I made that mistake with the carseat. My oldest was tall and didn't last long in the infant seat. Should have just skipped to a convertible from birth. We live and learn I guess, lol.

I wore my kids at Disney until 3yo - I have Kinderpacks. I would not do Disney without a carrier, it was invaluable in lines!

My *four* year old still occasionally got carried in a Kinderpack (the biggest one) at Disney. Mostly because he was so impossible to get to nap anywhere else that it was worth hauling 35+ lbs on my back.

I would not have been able to survive with out my carriers.

I had an original Ergo with my ODD. We did DCL when she was 9m and WDW when she was 11m. It was a life saver waiting in line.

For YDD I bought a used Beco Butterfly II (didn't need another but like PP said they are addictive). They no longer make that model. I think the comparable model now is called Soleil. I loved that carrier as well.

Another PP mentioned a Tula. I never used that brand but have heard great things.

I used a sleepywrap which is essentially a long piece of fabric you tie in specific ways in order to carry your child front, back, or side. I used it our last trip with my 9 month old. It was wonderful! Especially the day I was by myself with my two girls. I could use the stroller for my 5yo and my wrap for my baby, and we went on all the rides and character meets we could manage, and it was fantastic. Definitely bring it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter