To anyone contacting their guide today...

4luv2cdisney

DIS Veteran
could you see if they'll give you details on the price increases? I'm interested in BWV and BLT for myself and Poly and SSR for a family member.

My head is swimming trying to process a new "strategy" going forward. We had just decided to wait and buy a few small contracts over the next 3 years but I'm not sure if I should just jump now.

Don't think I'll be happy with myself if prices jump $40/pt.

Or maybe I buy anything I can find with an Oct UY in resale and hope it passes ROFR.

Or maybe I just say screw DVC and go back to cash stays at POR when I can't book BWV.

UGH!!!!

could you see if they'll give you details on the price increases? I'm interested in BWV and BLT for myself and Poly and SSR for a family member.

My head is swimming trying to process a new "strategy" going forward. We had just decided to wait and buy a few small contracts over the next 3 years but I'm not sure if I should just jump now.

Don't think I'll be happy with myself if prices jump $40/pt.

Or maybe I buy anything I can find with an Oct UY in resale and hope it passes ROFR.

Or maybe I just say screw DVC and go back to cash stays at POR when I can't book BWV.

UGH!!!!

I'd get an offer in on a resale at asking price today.

Yesterday afternoon DVC Resale Market (and this is before any official announcement) sold 58 contracts.

I'm pretty sure huge price rises coming on sold out resorts bought direct.

So other possibility would be just to try and buy direct now, but suspect there will be a waitlist.

So, there was no announcement of a price increase....

Are we still running with the thought there will be one???

BLT TO 225
SSR TO 160
BWV TO 190

went on waitlist for all 3. Zero availability across the board for Oct use year except CCV

Last edited:
Anyone with confirmed increases please post here. I wanted to know the rest but it was clear that my guide was wanting to move on to other customers awaiting his return call...

So I contacted my guide as we are debating adding on direct at AKL and I heard about the price increases on this forum. He confirmed that there will be an increase in a week and if we were interested in adding on we should do so before to save the most amount possible.

He said he did not know any of the new pricing. Do you guys think that some guides really do know and others don’t? Or do you think some will tell us and others will not? Honestly if AKL is only going up $5 per @Drewferin guide then I am not in a huge rush to commit at the moment. We are looking at only adding on 50 points anyways.

BLT TO 225
SSR TO 160
BWV TO 190

went on waitlist for all 3. Zero availability across the board for Oct use year except CCV
My guide
BLT TO 225
SSR TO 160
BWV TO 190

My guide told me they don’t know what the price increases will be. So either he doesn’t know or he does, and isn’t willing to tell me. Thanks to all that are sharing info from their guides :)

The guide I talked to on the phone seemed to have a sheet with all of the new prices on it. He was very confident in stating all resorts were increasing on 1/16. I had him email me information and I in turn asked for all of the pricing increases since my wife liked other resorts. We will see if I can get the whole list on Disney letterhead :)

That's a HUGE jump at BLT! That's almost $30pp more. Wow! Why it was listed for so much less than Poly is a mystery to me. I own VGF, BLT, and BWV. They all have their pluses and minuses. I am just going to sit tight and see how all this plays out. If anyone finds out what VGF is going to be after the price increase, I want to know!!!

Ok I had round 2 with my guide asking questions. He said "Disney hasn't approved guides to email out price increase information, however if a customer asks they can tell us". I asked about Poly and GF.

Poly from $220 to 235
GF from $220 to 245

Ok I had round 2 with my guide asking questions. He said "Disney hasn't approved guides to email out price increase information, however if a customer asks they can tell us". I asked about Poly and GF.

Poly from $220 to 235
GF from $220 to 245

Wow! Thanks for the info. If my quick math is correct, that means that BWV is going up $19pp, VGF is going up $25pp, and BLT is going up $29pp. This is aggressive to say the least!

With prices like this, how insanely expensive is Riviera going to be?!?

Wow! Thanks for the info. If my quick math is correct, that means that BWV is going up $19pp, VGF is going up $25pp, and BLT is going up $29pp. This is aggressive to say the least!

You forgot AKV from 171 to 176 (Only 5 increase).

I have tunnel vision for the ones I own. :rotfl:

If this is true, I'm just gonna keep quiet about the resale purchase prices I got for BLT and VGF.

How did I know prices were being increased on 1/16? We fly in from overseas to WDW on the evening of 1/15 of course!

AKV will be 176 effective 1/16 per my CM.
Thank you for sharing. I need to think about this one a bit. Before all this nonsense I had been mulling a smaller (75 to 80 point) direct purchase for benefits and to give us some cushion and allow more frequent trips. DH wasn’t sold on the idea and then his 13 year old car needed to be replaced, so I dropped the idea. Now we are also in the midst of a volatile stock market to boot. I am curious about what other news is up DVC’s sleeve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter