To all the Vera Bradley enablers

I never used the site but thanks, I'll look at it! I don't know why it doesn't come up in your message but when I did a quote to respond to you I found it right there in your original message. I don't own any microfiber but go on the VB website and you can write to them and ask. I'm surprised there wasn't a card in your bag when you bought it telling you had to clean it. We are going on the Magic also but on the Western cruise in Nov. Can't wait. :yay: :yay:

I ordered online so I don't have it yet, that is cool that there will be a card telling me how to clean it. I suppose it's black, how dirty can it get? I am just picturing my kid spilling a milkshake or something on it!! Oh the horrors! :scared1:

Very exciting about your cruise, did you already book excursions and such? I am having a hard time picking ours out but I need to get it figured out because our 90 day booking window is coming up!

Our first stop is Key West and we are going to walk around and see the city. I don't think many people do excursions there. To tell the truth, I'm not big on excursions. In Cozumel we have a trip planned but we'll take a cab to the park and that way we we can leave when we want. I guess some of the trips you're better off with excursions but that's just me. If you have little kids maybe it's best to do excursions?
Is this your first cruise? This is our second cruise w/Disney. We did the 4 night Wonder last year and had such a great time we decided to try a 7 night this year. Just hope all the hurricanes will be ended by then.

The nice thing about cruising is you can go around the hurricanes! This will be our third trip, we did the Western double dip in Nov 05 and Dec 06. But our first Eastern and our first time in both St Maarten and St Thomas. I'm trying to decide if renting mopeds and cruising around the island would be safe with a 7 and 9 year old and then do a catamaran/snorlel morning at the other one.

decisions decisions!

Well, count me in, because of this thread I purchased the Hipster... And I really like it a lot!

However, I do have one complaint, and maybe all of you can lend some insight... I purchased the Hipster in Capri Blue, and also a few accessories (ID/Coin purse, checkbook cover, and hard sunglasses case)... My problem being, the print on all the accessories is the same print on the interior of the hipster and these accessories get "lost" inside the bag. Is this the same scenerio with all VB bags, or is this just the case with the hipster? I like the way that the hipster carries so well, I would be inclined to get it in more prints - however if this problem carries over into other prints, I could see where I would not purchase accessories from VB (even though I love how everything matches), I just couldn't handle the camoflage factor on a daily basis.

So, do all the hipsters (even the redesigned hipster) have the same interior and exterior print? Or did I just purchase the one print that has this issue? :confused3

TIA!

D~

Well, count me in, because of this thread I purchased the Hipster... And I really like it a lot!

However, I do have one complaint, and maybe all of you can lend some insight... I purchased the Hipster in Capri Blue, and also a few accessories (ID/Coin purse, checkbook cover, and hard sunglasses case)... My problem being, the print on all the accessories is the same print on the interior of the hipster and these accessories get "lost" inside the bag. Is this the same scenerio with all VB bags, or is this just the case with the hipster? I like the way that the hipster carries so well, I would be inclined to get it in more prints - however if this problem carries over into other prints, I could see where I would not purchase accessories from VB (even though I love how everything matches), I just couldn't handle the camoflage factor on a daily basis.

So, do all the hipsters (even the redesigned hipster) have the same interior and exterior print? Or did I just purchase the one print that has this issue? :confused3

TIA!

D~

:rolleyes: Wow I would like to know the answer to that one, what a great question. My mini hipsters all have a different interior and I have a retired and new print piece. I love Vera, she is my crack dealer! Mawhahaha:upsidedow

I can't speak for the older version of the Hipster, but I was looking at the newly designed ones, the Frankly Scarlet and the Night Owl, and the print inside was different from the outside print and the accessories are the same as the outside print.. I have several VB products, all different prints, , bags, soft eye glass case, coin case, duffel. All are the prints from January '08 or older and none are like yours. . They all have a different print on the inside and the accessories are all the outside print. Maybe it's just that one print. I agree having the same print like that would be difficult. I buy either from the VB website, a retail store or Ebay(but only if the seller has lots of positive feedback). If you pick a new print to buy, you can always call VB(# is on their website) and ask. Hope this helps.

I can't speak for the older version of the Hipster, but I was looking at the newly designed ones, the Frankly Scarlet and the Night Owl, and the print inside was different from the outside print and the accessories are the same as the outside print.. I have several VB products, all different prints, , bags, soft eye glass case, coin case, duffel. All are the prints from January '08 or older and none are like yours. . They all have a different print on the inside and the accessories are all the outside print. Maybe it's just that one print. I agree having the same print like that would be difficult. I buy either from the VB website, a retail store or Ebay(but only if the seller has lots of positive feedback). If you pick a new print to buy, you can always call VB(# is on their website) and ask. Hope this helps.

Thanks... I will give that a try... I really love this bag though - it is so comfortable to carry, it's like I'm not carrying anything at all! Although, I really love "Daisy daisy" too, so I would't be too heartbroken to trade it in for that one.... ;)

D~

Thanks... I will give that a try... I really love this bag though - it is so comfortable to carry, it's like I'm not carrying anything at all! Although, I really love "Daisy daisy" too, so I would't be too heartbroken to trade it in for that one.... ;)

D~

I'm really glad to hear you like the hipster so much. I've really been on the fence about buying it but I think you have convinced me to get it. I really like the Night owl and the Caffee Latte. I want it for my upcoming cruise/WDW trip and I think/hope it will be perfect. Decisions, decisions. :rotfl:

I'm really glad to hear you like the hipster so much. I've really been on the fence about buying it but I think you have convinced me to get it. I really like the Night owl and the Caffee Latte. I want it for my upcoming cruise/WDW trip and I think/hope it will be perfect. Decisions, decisions. :rotfl:

Glad I could help :rotfl2:

I can see it as an easy bag to carry at WDW, but also just a really great bag I'd use on a daily basis. So, I can justify it because it's not "trip specific." I can also see myself wanting one in every pattern. :rotfl:

Ebags is having a good sale today, which is where I ordered the hipster in the Daisy daisy print a little while ago - I got free shipping too.

I think I may end up returning the hipster that I purchased from the VB website (capri blue) - I hate to say it, because I really like the bag and the pattern, but I just would not be able to handle searching for all my belongings because they are camoflaged. Pretty sad, because half of the accessories that I ordered won't even be here until tuesday... :confused3

I will wait until the daisy daisy hipster gets here before I decide if I need any accessories. :rolleyes1

If I read right, on my VB receipt, it says that I can return anything I ordered on the VB website to any VB retailer locally, but I will have to go back and reread just to verify.

I am very excited about the daisy daisy pattern though, I would have to say that it is my favorite, and I'm glad I was able to find the retired hipster in that fabric. :cool1:

D~

Yes you can return to a VB retailer. At least you won't have to pay to ship it back. I hope the Daisy pattern works for you.

Yes you can return to a VB retailer. At least you won't have to pay to ship it back. I hope the Daisy pattern works for you.

Is it any one the sells VB? As in Hallmark? I am just wondering because we don't have an actual VB store, but we have several other stores that sell VB (gift shops, Hallmarks... etc). I guess I could call VB and ask.

I am still debating... I like this hipster so much - I may keep the hipster, but return the accessories... I am so undecided. :confused3

TIA

D~

Is it any one the sells VB? As in Hallmark? I am just wondering because we don't have an actual VB store, but we have several other stores that sell VB (gift shops, Hallmarks... etc). I guess I could call VB and ask.

I am still debating... I like this hipster so much - I may keep the hipster, but return the accessories... I am so undecided. :confused3

TIA

D~

So why don't you keep it if you like it so much. Just use different accessories. I wouldn't return something I liked just because the accessories don't work. Buy solid color ones and then the problem is solved. You could return them and get the ones to match your Daisy bag, that would be fun!
I'm not sure if you can return to Hallmark. When I called VB to return a towel I had bought on their website, they just said to return it to my local retail store, but maybe you should call VB to verify that.

So why don't you keep it if you like it so much. Just use different accessories. I wouldn't return something I liked just because the accessories don't work. Buy solid color ones and then the problem is solved. You could return them and get the ones to match your Daisy bag, that would be fun!
I'm not sure if you can return to Hallmark. When I called VB to return a towel I had bought on their website, they just said to return it to my local retail store, but maybe you should call VB to verify that.

That is what I was thinking, is just returning the accessories and finding something different - or using my old ones... I think that part of the charm with VB is how everything matches.

I went to an amusement park yesterday, decided to take my capri blue hipster (which pretty much cinched that I'm keeping it), and I was so happy with everything it carried... In the very front zip pocket, I had my car keys and lip gloss. In the drop in front pouch, I had the park map and cell phone (took the phone out on rides and put in my pocket - as this particular park won't let bags on any of the rides). In the large zippered pouch, I had a plastic bag (just in case), sunglasses, first-aid kit, camera and ID/CC pouch (both of these I hooked to a carabiner clip on my shorts while on rides), a pen, breath mints, tums, advil, sunscreen and a bottle of water. My bag probably weighed 10lbs (when my water was full), and I didn't feel like I was carrying anything all day... I'm posative that this will be the bag I take to Disney, as I couldn't believe how much I could fit into it, and not have the bag weigh me down. My only issue now is what to do about the water bottle - I didn't mind it in my hipster yesterday, but I am going to use a filtered water bottle at WDW, so it is a little larger... I'm thinking of one of those carabiner clips to attach to my bottle for easy carrying in the parks.

D~

I saw this thread, and thought it would be about the VB that were in Downtown Disney last year, and maybe that there were new fabrics. Has anyone been to the World of Disney store lately? Last year (Dec. 2007) I found 2 different "Mickey" patterns of VB, both in what looked to be backpacks and also the small change purses. Can't remember but they also had a wallet I think. I bought one for one of my staff members as she is a total VB-aholic!!:lmao:
:lmao:

They were in the women's section,near the registers in the back.

Oh, I'm going on the Western Cruise on the Magic Nov.1st, is that the one you are on too???

Oh my word. I had no idea there was a VB store in Downtown Disney. I would love a Mickey VB. Does anyone know if they can be ordered online?

DH and I will be on the Nov. 1 Western cruise. We went last year on the 4 night Wonder and liked it so much we decided to give the 7 night a try.

Hey, we'll be on the same boat!! Where is your stateroom? Was it up on 8 also (I can't remember who's posted what on each thread!)

There isn't a VB store Downtown. There were VB Disney items on sale in the women's section of World of Disney. You probably would miss them unless you are waiting on line for the register, and browsing the nooks and crannies of the shelves! They were just above some shirts (or maybe Pjs). No big production for them, just a handful of them sitting there!

We are on deck 7, same as last cruise. We are going w/out the girls who are actually out of college, one in law school. They wish they could come too :goodvibes but work and school prevent that happening.

BTW, your daughter is adorable!

I wanted to stop by and thank you guys! I didn't know much about VB and had never considered it until I wondered on this thread.

I just bought the mini hipster for our WDW trip and plan to go back later and buy the regular hipster for more everyday use.

Thanks again! (I can definitely feel an addiction forming.)

Hey, we'll be on the same boat!! Where is your stateroom? Was it up on 8 also (I can't remember who's posted what on each thread!)

There isn't a VB store Downtown. There were VB Disney items on sale in the women's section of World of Disney. You probably would miss them unless you are waiting on line for the register, and browsing the nooks and crannies of the shelves! They were just above some shirts (or maybe Pjs). No big production for them, just a handful of them sitting there!

Wait, there are VB DISNEY patterns? Wow talk about combining my 2 favorite things! Can you view them online anywhere? I'll be in WDW in 11 days so if not I'll look in WOD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter