To all the Vera Bradley enablers

I have some Vera Bradley items of my own, however, I have found a great alternative. QVC carries a line called Lemon Hill that makes very nice quality "Vera Bradley"-like bags/totes/purses, etc. They are at a fraction of the price and even though there aren't near as many prints and styles, the ones they do have are nice. Just a thought. I know those VB bags can break the bank! :scared:

:) I have a friend who has a Maggie and I am not sure a planner will fit in it, it may be too narrow. If you go to Ebags and click on Vera Bradley there is a girl holding a dog next to a "Woody " type car. You can get an idea of how big the Hipster is. It may be better for the planner since it is a square shape. I recommend the Mini Hipster for 1 samll camera, money, ccards and lipstick. I guess it would depend on the size of your planner. Ebags always has a great selection and often has a few things that the VB website is out of...you can usually get really good prices, too. If I am looking for VB I either get them directly from her site or E bags. I hope this helps, I am addicted. Now if she would just do a Disney fabric I would die a happy woman.:cloud9:

ToddyLu, thanks for answering my question :). I wish I could see the bags in person but I'm in Canada and they are hard to find here. I will probably have to buy from Ebags or Ebay.

I too am a Vera fan. I get most of my things in different patterns. I ordered the large backpack in Capri Blue for our Thanksgiving trip (40 % off). I still have to carry diapers and stuff so this is a good size and will be easy to carry when we have to leave the stroller for a ride or to eat.

I am thinking of buying my first Vera Bradley. I need it to be large enough to fit my organizer (not too large), cell phone, wallet (Vera?), keys...that's about it. Which bag should I get?

I'm thinking of the Maggie. I like the shape of it, but I"m not sure if it is big enough.

Thanks for any advice :).

I have two Maggies and I love them. They're the perfect size for me and I can fit a lot of stuff in it if I have to. It would depend on the size and shape of your organizer.

I just recently got into VB myself, crossing over from the land of fun & cool diapers bags -- Fleurville, JuJuBe, Storksak -- to VB since my youngest is out of diapers and I'm actually spending time by myself occasionally, lol. I'm also very practical and love how you can machine wash these. (Not only do they come out clean and bright, the shape comes back & pockets "tighten up" a bit.)

I love Java Blue -- have the Weekender, Super Tote, On the Go, & Zip-Around Wallet that I use everyday. Also have the On the Go in a few other prints for summer.

But for long days of standing & walking around -- like at my daughter's horse shows -- I prefer the Hipster. Just big enough for a small wallet, camera, phone, gum, a few other odds & ends, and sunglasses & keys. And because you can adjust the strap, you can wear it messenger style -- it practically lies flat on your hip so you don't even know you have it on (and it fits easily under a rain jacket). I have the new design in Caffe Latte for fall -- I use it every day and I love it! I think I'm going to take my Mod Floral Blue in the old design to WDW, though -- the blues go with just about anything I would wear.

This is fun! I see I'm not even close to being alone in my obssession... :)

I love VB and have been buying her stuff for a long time (way back in the college days!!) and I hate to be negative but just be VERY careful withthese bags in the rain...everything inside gets wet.

I am an addict too! I recently got the hipster for our trip this upcoming week, I can't wait to use it. I usually get the bigger bags, I like big purses, but the hipster is perfect for Disney! I love how easy it is to throw the bags in the washing machine! I also have the large zip around wallet and I LOVE it. Keeps everything so organized!

I just wanted to throw my two cents in here and say that I had never heard of Vera Bradley before joining The Dis either. Just got back from WDW last weekend and it was almost a game between my friend and I to spot the VB bags. They were everywhere! At the airport, the parks, etc... Man, is this going to be another addiction I get sucked into as well?

I just ordered a mini hipster to take on our trip in a few weeks.. Will it be big enough to hold my camera? I always travel pretty light, as far as purses go, but I will really just be carrying a bit of cash, and I.D. and CC and small cell phone and probably a chapstick or something like that. Will that all fit in this little bag? I do have a pocket on the stroller than I can use, but I would rather keep that kind of stuff on me so that I don't have to clear out the stroller pocket every time we go on a ride...

What do you all think?

I'm also debating ordering the mini zip wallet to use with it. Just seems like a great little combo! :thumbsup2

Any excuse to SHOP:rotfl:

Thanks in advance!:flower3:
Dee

Oh.. and P.S. I had ordered a small messenger bag from L.L. Bean because I had read some positive reviews on it, and I got it and it just seems really big to me!! I don't want to be lugging around something like that. If I have that much space, I would probably end up filling it... who needs that extra weight??? I've got enough of that on my body!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter