Tipsy is as Tipsy Does - A February '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 8/15

WooHoo!!! Am I first???
First you are. I think you even got in before I actually finished the intro but had accidentally hit post about a 1/3 of the way through. So triple bonus points for that

Your trips report are such a pleasure to read.

Your brother is cute! Send him a single sister's way...lol.
Thanks so much. I'll be sure to send my brother your way :-)

And that first pic of your daughter? Please tell me you're going to put it in her senior yearbook. Its too good.
That's a good thought, I'll have to remember that one :-)

I'm so excited! I'm actually in at the beginning instead of playing catch up. The downside? I'll be "Grr, when is the next update?"
Thanks. Will hopefully get it started later today or tomorrow morning.

I have to go back and read your intro but I wanted to be #4!!
Quatro you are! And you better read the intro cause the trip wouldn't have been possible without you1

STOP IT RIGHT NOW, I thought you were having a baby :rotfl2:
What???? Why on earth would you think that :P My baby train has unquestionably left the station

Holy cow, I totally see 80's Casey in this pic!!

You know I'm down for a good week long Kari & crew dining report :cool1: So excited to hear of all of your booze-filled adventures!!
I'd posted that picture on Facebook for my brothers birthday last week and a few other people commented Casey looked like me. Strange, because I always thought she was the perfect little mini-Jason

Thank goodness for Snow Days!!!
Or snow 3 hours delays that you decided to parlay into a day off :-)

Love the face painting in the first picture. My daughter (6) keeps asking to get her face pained when we are out and I keep telling her no. One day I will probably have to say yes. My DD would love to go to Disney as often as yours.
You should definitely let her do it. Casey did it 2 or 3 times on this trip and totally loves it. I hate stuff and clutter so if I can avoid her buying another toy she'll never play with and spend the money on the face paint, I'll do that every time.

I loved your last report, I can't wait to read this one. We're heading down to CR in August and we can't wait to go again.
Awesome, thanks for joining in. Hopefully you can pick up on some good food and drinks for your trip!

Love it! Can't wait to read this one!
Thanks!

Love to read your reviews. I am anxiously awaiting your first one. Great pics in the introduction! It is remarkable how much you and Casey look alike!
Thanks, hopefully we'll get started. Too funny that Casey looks like me because I swear I did all the work carrying her and she came out the spitting imagine of Jason.

You are not allowed :P

Great title, awesome, goofy pictures, and you say there is delicious food and amazing drinks to follow, what's not to like, I am in!
Thanks Caroline!!!!!! Lots more food and drink to follow

Love your dinning reports!
Thank you!

Oh, hello there. I'm sorry, I must be in the wrong place. I was looking for the latest dining report from Kari but I've been directed to a thread with "Tipsy" in the title, so I surely must have taken a wrong turn somewhere.
You are clearly in the wrong place. I am nothing but a teatoatling, upstanding citizen who would never engage in such hijinks.

Oh, and about those knee socks. If I went to my parents house to dig out our 1983 trip pictures, I'm pretty sure I have the same socks on!
I'm pretty sure we all wore the same socks for about 10 straight years. Gotta love the 80's

Woo hoo! So excited for this! :drinking1
Cheers Kelly!

Happy to follow along :drinking1. Really enjoy your reports.
Thanks. Feel free to grab a drink and jump right in

Yay, your new report! Love the title, LOL! Your brother looks like a lot of fun, I'm sure he fits right in with the rest of you :-)

Sounds like it was a great trip, and how fun for Miss Casey to celebrate her birthday at WDW. Bring on the food and booze! :D
Thanks! Yeah, my brother are pretty such cut from the same drink too much, sarcasm cloth so we have a ton of fun together.

Joining in love your reports!
:welcome:

Here on day 1 and already relegated to page two... I protest! But am so looking forward to another awesome report :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:drinking1
Anyone who loves to eat and drink as much as us, you'll always be on page 1 in my book Melinda!!! :drinking1

Following along! Really enjoy your dining reports.
Thanks so much, hope you enjoy!

This looks like a blast! I'm in! Can't wait to read more :flower1:
A blast it most definitely was. Thanks for following along.

Joining in!

Looking toward to another dining / drinking report.
Not as forward as much as I was looking forward to dining and drinking it :P

Let the food frenzy begin......so excited.
Hopefully beginning soon....

I'm not sure I've ever actually replied to any of your reports, but I've been silently stalking along for all of them! Can't wait to follow along for this one!
Well welcome out from the shadows and onto the food and wine train!

Following along!
Thanks Raeven!

Love your dining reports! Following along (and making notes for when we are there in 5 weeks :banana:)
Well get your pencil ready cause I've got lots to share :drinking1

I'm in for another fabulously fun trip/dining report! Woot woot! We are heading back April 7-15! Can't wait!
Awesome, your trip is right around the corner!!! Can't wait to hear about it

Joining! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks so much!

9 days at AKL with stops at Narcoosees, Via Napoli, California Grill... sounds about perfect to me.
Add in amazing weather and perfect may be an understatement :-)

Joining in. I've read your previous Dining reports (always catch them at the end). Loved your into. You always make me laugh. :)
Ah, thanks so much. Hopefully I can bring a few giggles your way this time to o:-)

Joining in. I was so sad your last report came to an end.
I was too, but thankfully there was one waiting in the wings.

I'm joining in too. I've read some of your other reports and always mean to join in the craic but never do but I will make sure to this time just not today cos there's some eating, drinking and getting tipsy to be done this side of the Atlantic! Happy St Patrick's Day to you all. I'm off to celebrate with family and friends. Slainte :shamrock::drinking1:jumping1:
Happy Day After St. Patricks Day to You. Whatever side of the Atlantic, anyone who appreciates some tipsiness is most always welcomes :drinking1

Bring it on! We left WDW the day you arrived!
So close, yet so far away :P

So in!!!!

Yay!! I'm in Kari! Love ur pictures so far!!!
Thanks. More coming soon

Hi Kari! I've recently finished reading all of your other reports, so I'm excited to follow along on this one!
I only hope to be at least a quarter as :drinking1 awesome as you on our honeymoon this fall. Our ADR day is this next week (I'm one of those haha) and I'm thinking of squeezing Narcoosee's in because its's looked so good in your reports, and I'm a sucker for mac and cheese!

And We're Off

Yep, that pretty much sums it up!

We were up bright and early to catch a cab to the airport for our 8:30 am flight. We'd recently gotten Casey a portable booster seat and she was very much looking forward to her first cab ride.

After an uneventful check-in (love me some pre-check) we got some oh so delicious bagels at the airport.

And it wasn't long before we were on the Magical Express

and passing this beloved sign.

Sadly it was about this time that I realized my good camera was kaput. On our trip to Key West the month before I had inadvertently spilled body wash on it (don't ask). I thought it was ok, but the lens wouldn't stay open and we never got it fixed. So beware, my normally at least decentish photos are all iPhone this time around.

We arrived in no time at our residence for the next 9 days: Animal Kingdom Lodge. This was Casey's birthday request and not because of the animals (she could have cared less), that kid wanted a bunk bed!!! Thanks to some great assistance from @ariane37 Casey's birthday request came through. And in a bit of pixie dust despite our arrival at the hotel before noon, our room was ready!

But to see it one must first find it and that proved difficult. Despite a map and some semblance of directions from the check-in agent, w
e must have circled the lodge a full 2 times. Of course Jason would not allow me to go back for directions, but finally after a good 20 minutes we found a hallway just off the main entrance that had our room.

My only request was for a high floor, which if you catch the room number was exactly what we didn't get.

Despite not being high up, this ended up being the perfection location. We were just a flight of stairs away from the pool, Mara, Boma, and Jiko, and we found a "secret" exit in the stairwell a few steps from our room that dropped us right in front of the bus stop. Score!

After a quick change out of our winter clothes, it wasn't long before we were stepping into the Magic Kingdom.

Since we hadn't eaten in a few hours, we quickly stopped for one of our favorite Disney Snacks, the Cream Cheese Pretzel, at The Lunching Pad.

For those that haven't had this addicting little beauty its a regular pretzel on the outside (sans salt) that is filled with cream cheese. Sounds simple, but it is wickedly good. We have a family tradition of eating these on the Pooper (aka what a 2 year old Casey called the PeopleMover and its stuck) but unfortunately it was down and down hard as they were evacuating people off it it. Which I must admit is a bit of a dream of mine.

So we took our pretzel to ride Buzz instead, where after the pretzel was gone, the receipt continued to provide hours of entertainment.

After Buzz we had to go shopping for a bit as Casey had brought $100 she had earned to spend and that money was burning a hole in her pocket. As some of you know I despise shopping, but Casey is the exact opposite. Despite my best attempts she is all girl and never met a mall she didn't love. So the amount of time we had to spend in stores this trip was ridiculous. So what was her first purchase? Hand freaking sanitizer!!!! I couldn't believe of all the toys, this is what she wanted. This should give you a little insight into her personality :-)

From there Casey hung with a couple of princesses

and we all hung out with 7 really short dudes and their train, before our bellies insisted on eating more than the pretzel shared amongst 3.

Since it was right there, we headed to the Friars Nook where we tried their Pot Roast Mac and Cheese.

In what is likely one of the worst food pictures ever this looks horrible, but was strangely good. The mac and cheese was super cheesy and while probably not far removed from Kraft or Cafeteria Style it hit the carb spot perfectly. The pot roast was super moist and while there wasn't a ton of it, it was definitely high quality. They paired really well together and while I wouldn't want it on a 90 degree day its good for some of the milder disney temps.

Look at that cheesy goodness!

So of course the mac and cheese did nothing but fuel a sweet tooth, so believe it or not this guy shared his Ice Cream from Storybook Treats with us girls.

We tooled around MK a bit for the rest of the afternoon before heading back to AKL for a rest before dinner. Someone took the rest quite literally and dozed off as she was watching Mickey cartoons.

Somewhere under that sweet face a shopping monster lurks!

Up next, let the signature games begin....

Hi Kari! I've recently finished reading all of your other reports, so I'm excited to follow along on this one!
I only hope to be at least a quarter as :drinking1 awesome as you on our honeymoon this fall. Our ADR day is this next week (I'm one of those haha) and I'm thinking of squeezing Narcoosee's in because its's looked so good in your reports, and I'm a sucker for mac and cheese!
Thanks for joining in!!!! And congrats on the upcoming honeymoon. Though something tells me with that magical occasion, your trip will be all kinds of amazing awesomeness. And if not just add :drinking1

You should definitely try Narcoossee's if seafood is your thing. You'll see in fairly short order we did it again on this trip and once again it did not disappoint.

Yay another dining report! I'm here!!! Happy birthday to Casey!
Hey Su-Lynn. Thanks for eating and drinking along with me!

So we took our pretzel to ride Buzz instead, where after the pretzel was gone, the receipt continued to provide hours of entertainment.

The picture accompanying this.... ah-mazing! Pretzel bandit rides again!

After Buzz we had to go shopping for a bit as Casey had brought $100 she had earned
Okay, inquiring minds must know... how did Casey earn $100?! I'm imagining her behind a bar somewhere shaking cocktails but I feel like the truth must be somewhere between circus performing and chores money...

We tooled around MK a bit for the rest of the afternoon before heading back to AKL for a rest before dinner. Someone took the rest quite literally and dozed off as she was watching Mickey cartoons.

Somewhere under that sweet face a shopping monster lurks!
Okay well if that isn't the most adorable thing I've ever seen! That's one for her high school yearbook for sure.

OMG! Casey is seems to be getting so tall..of course it may just be the new camera. LOL! DH also grabbed that dish at Friar's Nook last time and rated it fairly decent, especially he is definitely not a Kraft kind of guy.

Okay well if that isn't the most adorable thing I've ever seen! That's one for her high school yearbook for sure.

No kidding, so sweet! And OMG that picture of Jason with the ice cream, LOL! That rivals the one of him running last year :laughing:

Also, your room location looks like it was awesome! Sort of making we wish we were staying more than one night at AKL in September but I think my husband will literally kill me if I add anything more to this trip :P

Even though I'm not allowed in, I'm going to follow along anyway ;)

I really want to know how you get Body Wash on a camera. The different scenarios are going through my head and the least worst is that you didn't pack it well in your suitcase and body wash got over everything else in your suitcase as well.

At least your shopping addicted daughter wants to be clean! Not the worst first purchase!

I'm glad that Pot Roast Mac & Cheese was good as it just never gets a good photo of it so it looks really unappealing!

I am assuming your body wash exploded all over your camera... I'll leave my imagination to wonder!

So what was her first purchase? Hand freaking sanitizer!!!! I couldn't believe of all the toys, this is what she wanted. This should give you a little insight into her personality :-)

LOL!!! Hahahahaha.. money well earned on some hand sanitizer! Can't blame her, I don't even wanna think of all the germs there are in WDW, haha.

Despite not being high up, this ended up being the perfection location. We were just a flight of stairs away from the pool, Mara, Boma, and Jiko, and we found a "secret" exit in the stairwell a few steps from our room that dropped us right in front of the bus stop. Score!

Awesome view!! And yay for birthday bunk beds!!

Yeh! Another trip report. I have loved reading your previous ones so following along

I had inadvertently spilled body wash on it (don't ask).
You KNOW next time we meet and have a couple drinks, I'm definitely asking about this.........................

Thanks to some great assistance from @ariane37 Casey's birthday request came through
:worship:
But to see it one must first find it and that proved difficult. Despite a map and some semblance of directions from the check-in agent, we must have circled the lodge a full 2 times. Of course Jason would not allow me to go back for directions,
Steve would have been cursing at the same time he was yelling, "NO! We don't need help getting there!"

My only request was for a high floor, which if you catch the room number was exactly what we didn't get.
Why didn't you let me know??? I could have called and yelled at them for you.....

Despite not being high up, this ended up being the perfection location.
Oh, ok cool :thumbsup2

e Cream Cheese Pretzel, at The Lunching Pad.
You've discussed this in a few of your reports now and I've yet to try it, as much as I love the big soft pretzels. Must remember to have one next week or at least in May.

We have a family tradition of eating these on the Pooper
Hmm, we don't have any family traditions we do on the pooper yet. Wait, the boys are continuously on their phones on the pooper.
Oops, wrong pooper :rotfl2:

After an uneventful check-in (love me some pre-check) we got some oh so delicious bagels at the airport.

So cute!

Sadly it was about this time that I realized my good camera was kaput. On our trip to Key West the month before I had inadvertently spilled body wash on it (don't ask). I thought it was ok, but the lens wouldn't stay open and we never got it fixed. So beware, my normally at least decentish photos are all iPhone this time around.

Now that you said that everyone's going to ask :rotfl:

We arrived in no time at our home for the next 9 days: Animal Kingdom Lodge. This was Casey's birthday request and not because of the animals (she could have cared less), that kid wanted a bunk bed!!! Thanks to some great assistance from @ariane37 Casey's birthday request came through. And in a bit of pixie dust despite our arrival at the hotel before noon, our room was ready!

I always wanted to sleep in bunk beds as a kid! I thought they were so cool.

After Buzz we had to go shopping for a bit as Casey had brought $100 she had earned to spend and that money was burning a hole in her pocket. As some of you know I despise shopping, but Casey is the exact opposite. Despite my best attempts she is all girl and never met a mall she didn't love. So the amount of time we had to spend in stores this trip was ridiculous. So what was her first purchase? Hand freaking sanitizer!!!! I couldn't believe of all the toys, this is what she wanted. This should give you a little insight into her personality :-)

Hand sanitizer is a very smart purchase for WDW!

Aw so sweet!

Yep, that pretty much sums it up!

The mighty Casey continues to be completely adorable

After an uneventful check-in (love me some pre-check)

I ordinarily love pre-check also, bit when we left DEN and MCO this last tripmthenpre-check line was longer than the regular line :confused3 what gives TSA?

Bummer

Despite not being high up, this ended up being the perfection location.

Ok, yea! That turned out to be awesome

So we took our pretzel to ride Buzz instead, where after the pretzel was gone, the rec

Loving the receipt photo :rotfl:

So what was her first purchase? Hand freaking sanitizer!!!! I couldn't believe of all the toys, this is what she wanted

OMG, Casey and Kiya would get along so well. Christmas money, and the girls gotta go shopping, we walk around for hours and what does she purchase? Hand sanitizer. Birds of a feather I tell ya

Friars Nook where we tried their Pot Roast Mac and Cheese.

Love this stuff! But I can also see how it would not be awesome on a hot day.

Thanks for the welcome. I've suitably recovered frim drowning my shamrock and other shenanigans and ready to join the party here :thumbsup2
Love the excitement Casey shows doing her Disney dance. What a great start and between shopping monster, ice-cream fiend and receipt bandit how can this not be the most fun trip report ever!!! :confused3:rotfl:
Now down to the question we all want the answer to- body wash+camera=???? If you were really evil you'd never tell us and just let our imaginations run wild!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Love the cream cheese pretzel, we saw an evacuation of the pooper when we were there also yikes! Ah your AKL pictures make me miss that great resort! I am a RN so I love hand sanitizer, good pick Casey!

It looks like you are off to a great start! Hand sanitizer! Ha! What is it with 6yo? Lol! We love AKL. I once got a bunk bed room, but gladly declined because I was with my BFF so I'm hoping a lucky family enjoyed! I must try a cream cheese pretzels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter