Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

If you see me come say hi!

I'm going as Terence (my avatar).

I'll keep an eye out for the acorn hat. ;)

Just got the most amazing fabric for my costume (for only $3/yard:goodvibes), but tonight's going to be the hard part of creating a pattern to cut the fabric on (though not before my 3-mile "run").

I am walking/ running both and hoping I will not get swept. I have not been able to train like I wanted too. Any new runners. It looks like everyone is so fast. I will be doing the races by myself so I hope I will not be last.

Oh my god, I would love to run that fast! I'm like you the disney races are all about the experience, but I'm still trying to break the 2:30 mark. :rotfl: Hopefully in San Diego this Jun.

I have to admit, I wish I was in an earlier corral - even though I'm not planning on racing, I also don't want to walk :) It will be fun one way or another! Good luck in San Diego! I'm thinking about running Rock 'n' Roll San Diego!

I am walking/ running both and hoping I will not get swept. I have not been able to train like I wanted too. Any new runners. It looks like everyone is so fast. I will be doing the races by myself so I hope I will not be last.

You should be fine if you run and walk. I know people who have walked the whole thing - you just have to be above that 16 minute/mile pace and as long as you aren't the very last person to cross the finish line you have a tiny bit of breathing room.

As much as I would like to focus on getting a new PR for me, I'm not going to push it for the half. But at least since I'm running the 10K with my friend I can focus on stopping for photos there and just run the Half with no stops.

You should be fine if you run and walk. I know people who have walked the whole thing - you just have to be above that 16 minute/mile pace and as long as you aren't the very last person to cross the finish line you have a tiny bit of breathing room.

As much as I would like to focus on getting a new PR for me, I'm not going to push it for the half. But at least since I'm running the 10K with my friend I can focus on stopping for photos there and just run the Half with no stops.

This is my plan too. 10k for fun and pics (and probably playing beat the sweeper!) and the half I'm just going to keep moving. Unless I end up in a Star Wars costume. Then I'll stop for Darth

Actually, they make a really big deal about the last finisher! It's not a bad place to be. :) good luck !

Depending on your group regulations, you could always wear a short red cape too (maybe have the bottom safety-pinned to the bottom of your tech shirt to keep it from flapping too much).

Where did you find you countdown counter? I love it!

Maybe I'll pass you in the crowd ;) I'll be the girl with red hair and bright colored "your pace or mine" tank and teal overshirt :goodvibes

I'll be the girl in one of my NYC Marathon shirts and jeans.

Last is better than not running at all. :goodvibes And like Patty said they do a big deal about the last finisher. Hmmm... Ideas for one year.

I have to admit, I wish I was in an earlier corral - even though I'm not planning on racing, I also don't want to walk :) It will be fun one way or another! Good luck in San Diego! I'm thinking about running Rock 'n' Roll San Diego!

You should totally do SD! Granted I used to live there and still love it so I'm a little bias. You start at Balboa Park and end by Petco. I haven't run this version of the course, but if it's the same as last year part of it is by where I used to live. And it's looks like a good PR course b/c there is a big downhill from about mile 10 1/2 to 11 1/2- 12. Plus the weather is usually perfect w/ cloud coverage; although I've been a jinx when I've run it and there hasn't been any cloud coverage. :goodvibes

I thought I posted this big can't find it I wonder what thread I posted it on lol but I haven't had any emails since the beg of Nov I have no info but whats on the run disney page. I've called and emailed and no response. Any thoughts?

I thought I posted this big can't find it I wonder what thread I posted it on lol but I haven't had any emails since the beg of Nov I have no info but whats on the run disney page. I've called and emailed and no response. Any thoughts?

Their email system is just weird that way. I know people who have been running the races forever and still don't get them. And w/ my emails it's always random ~ sometimes hotmail, sometimes yahoo and sometimes both. For future races on the rundisney page, there's a link to sign up for future emails, you could retry that; that won't really help w/ Tink but it could if you do future races.

There really wasn't any extra info in the emails except the last one which had the igift bag. If you want that one, I think I still have it and if you want it, pm me your email address and I can forward it to you. Was there any specific info you were looking for?

Semi-random question. For the 5k last year, they had different music playing at different spots in DCA, but they had "Following The Leader" looped in DL :headache: (by the time I was leaving DL, I was praying for a massive sound system failure in the park).

Anyways, is that more or less what'll happen with the half-marathon? Or will they have different thematic music playing in different parts?

I'm asking because I'm going to be running with my iPod (there's no way I'll be able to do the part in Anaheim without music that I know will keep my feet moving), and I'm trying to figure out when to put my earbuds in. I loved the different music in DCA last year and will likely be running with my iPod off during that part, but if it's just "Following the Leader" throughout DL, then I'll probably be putting in my earbuds in before hitting that park.

For the half last year I didn't put my earbuds in until we were on the streets of anaheim. I think I popped them in a few minutes after seeing all the red hat ladies! In DL and DCA both I remember the music coming from the parade floats they had set up but I can't remember what other music there may have been.

This is my plan too. 10k for fun and pics (and probably playing beat the sweeper!) and the half I'm just going to keep moving. Unless I end up in a Star Wars costume. Then I'll stop for Darth

This is my exact plan as well! Pics and beat the sweeper during the 10K and just keep moving for the half!

For the 10K I'm kinda doing a pirate theme w/my sparkle skirt, top and visor. I'm hoping sparkle athletic will have black and white striped race legs at the expo to complete my outfit!

I'm currently undecided for the Half. I was gonna wear the top I wore last year. Its Tink related. But now that my football team is still in the playoffs I feel like I should represent and wear my Niners jersey. So we'll see.

But seriously if anyone spots me in the back of the pack, say Hi!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter