Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

Yay, Expo starts tomorrow. :woohoo:

Here's hoping the Expo is better organized than the one for the DL Half Marathon this past Labor Day weekend. We waited over an hour on line just to get into the Expo, and my DD waited an hour and a half on the check-out line when purchasing official race merchandise. It was insane! Fortunately, the actual races were handled better.

Good luck to all!

Oh my goodness, I don't know how you do it. Congrats on Dopey!

In other news, this was supposed to be my last day of work from job B before my half-vacation. Didn't start off too well. Got into a minor car accident on my way in. So thankful it wasn't worse than it was and that I'm not injured. The timing just still sucks! Now my nerves are all kinds of frazzled.

Sooo scary! I'm glad you're ok. Any soreness today???

Do y'all think the EXPO will have calmed down by tomorrow afternoon?
Will there be anything left? (Hubby & I both want running shoes).

The Expo at Expedition Everest Challenge wasn't busy AT ALL! I'm new to the whole half-marathon races!

Sooo scary! I'm glad you're ok. Any soreness today???

Nope. All good to go! I got lucky and it could have been a lot worse.

It's crazy here. I can't believe I'm lining up to get into the official merchandise area!

It's an unfortunate part of the Expo's here in Disneyland now. I didn't find the lines for the Expo (be in packet pick up, the shoes, the official merch, etc.) to be bad at all this year. They were MUCH more organized than the fiasco from last August for the Disneyland Half. And the switch to lining up downstairs/with cover was brilliant. We were in the first few people to get in and get our race packets, took some photos with the display they had downstairs since I figured the one upstairs would get pretty busy, got in line for the official merch, took our time looking at the vendor booths, and caught up with friends/family and were out within two hours - and we were taking our time!!

Much more organized!

To pick up someone elses packet, does it have to be the original waiver? Or can they email me a scanned copy? Does anyone know?

To pick up someone elses packet, does it have to be the original waiver? Or can they email me a scanned copy? Does anyone know?

If you print a color copy you should be fine. Be sure to have the person send a copy of their photo ID and sign the form authorizing you to pick up their packet in addition to the waiver.

Scanned should be fine. I have always printed in color.

Be sure to have them send a copy of photo ID and the authorization form which allows you to pick up their packet which is in addition to their waiver.

Nope. All good to go! I got lucky and it could have been a lot worse.

It's an unfortunate part of the Expo's here in Disneyland now. I didn't find the lines for the Expo (be in packet pick up, the shoes, the official merch, etc.) to be bad at all this year. They were MUCH more organized than the fiasco from last August for the Disneyland Half. And the switch to lining up downstairs/with cover was brilliant. We were in the first few people to get in and get our race packets, took some photos with the display they had downstairs since I figured the one upstairs would get pretty busy, got in line for the official merch, took our time looking at the vendor booths, and caught up with friends/family and were out within two hours - and we were taking our time!!

Much more organized!

I'll try again after the 5K tomorrow :) DD got a blood nose just as we got to the top of the line so we had to give up our place in line :( Packet pick up etc was good, just the official merchandise line was so long :(

I'll try again after the 5K tomorrow :) DD got a blood nose just as we got to the top of the line so we had to give up our place in line :( Packet pick up etc was good, just the official merchandise line was so long :(

It moved pretty quickly. The reason for the line is they limit the number of people into the merch area so it's not a big free-for-all which it's kind of been in the past. Just try and be patient with it. The queue to pay is swift moving because of the line of cashiers. It's definitely an improvement!

Scanned should be fine. I have always printed in color. Be sure to have them send a copy of photo ID and the authorization form which allows you to pick up their packet which is in addition to their waiver.

Perfect. Thanks. That's what I did.

It moved pretty quickly. The reason for the line is they limit the number of people into the merch area so it's not a big free-for-all which it's kind of been in the past. Just try and be patient with it. The queue to pay is swift moving because of the line of cashiers. It's definitely an improvement!

Thanks. I'm trying again this morning after the 5K. Hopefully DD doesn't need the bathroom again!

In the New Balance line was just told they are completely out of Sorcer Mickeys and Goofys in sizes 7-8 for the weekend. Thankfully not my size but thought I should pass the message on.

In the New Balance line was just told they are completely out of Sorcer Mickeys and Goofys in sizes 7-8 for the weekend. Thankfully not my size but thought I should pass the message on.

Wow, I'm surprised they have any shoes left at all. I wonder if there will be anything to be had tomorrow. I'm planning on heading out to the expo first thing. Looks like you were in line way earlier than expo opening. What time should I get there tomorrow? Please let us know if they sell out. Thanks for the post :)

I wanted to shout out to everyone who is running at DL this weekend.
AS Jeff G says… "Finish in the upright position"
Stay strong. Pixie dust and lots of fun.
Peace:banana:pixiedust::tink:

I wish there were some way they could limit the number of like items being purchased by one person. In August for the DL half, DW and I saw folks with armloads of official race items in various sizes. Within an hour those items magically appeared on ebay for more $$ than they cost at the Expo.
I get it that it's just the nature of some enterprising people, but at the same time it's a shame that race participants that get to the Expo on the second day are finding much of the official merchandise already gone.

I'm in the New Balance line now. What I'm hearing is that this line is to get schedule a time to come back to purchase. The line seems to be moving , but I'm not sure if they are issuing times now, or just arranging us.

Does anyone know if there is a website to register for so that family members can track you during marathon?
Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is a website to register for so that family members can track you during marathon?
Thanks!

They have computers to sign up for runner tracking at the Expo. I forget how to do it at home, but you should be able to find it through the official page.

I'm in the New Balance line now. What I'm hearing is that this line is to get schedule a time to come back to purchase. The line seems to be moving , but I'm not sure if they are issuing times now, or just arranging us.

They should be issuing times. They started that early yesterday and it worked pretty darn well from what I saw.

I wish there were some way they could limit the number of like items being purchased by one person. In August for the DL half, DW and I saw folks with armloads of official race items in various sizes. Within an hour those items magically appeared on ebay for more $$ than they cost at the Expo.
I get it that it's just the nature of some enterprising people, but at the same time it's a shame that race participants that get to the Expo on the second day are finding much of the official merchandise already gone.

I definitely don't disagree! I know the limit throughout the resort is 25 unless otherwise noted and I've never understood why they don't limit things at the Expo like they do for say Duffy merchandise (limit is 5).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter