• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Timandlesley’s how to win a dream in 10 days 11/15 NEW PTR UP!! pg. 94 has link!!!

Lesley, how are things?? Is Mickey doing ok
and how are you all coping?? Fingers crossed
that it all works out and you guys get past
this difficult time!!:hug:

Thanks for checking in. The first night was horrible. Tim was out Djing and I was here by myself and I went to pick him up to take him outside to pee and I must have accidentally touched him wrong even though I was using the technique they showed me and he yelped and screamed so bad, it scared me to death. But the next time I tried (which took guts, I swear) I got him out no problem.
Overall, it's been better than expected but I know it will be that way for the few days post surgery since his energy level isn't back to normal, but it's getting there. He isn't whining in his crate yet which is good. I was getting him out for about 5-10 minutes at a time when I take him to go potty in the backyard in a quiet place with no one around and I give him a good rub down which he loves. He hates the cone being on his head so I rub his ears and he lets out happy noises ;) . Last night he was jumping up and down in his crate and Tim and I were saying if his energy level is like this already now what will it be like in a few weeks, also knowing that these first 2 weeks are critical it worried us. So we called the emergency vet clinic and they said they needed to examine him (it wasn't the same vet who did his surgery working that night). So I loaded him up in the car at 8 o'clock last night and drove (as a nervous wreck, so worried I'd get into an accident and nervously telling him to sit down in the seat next to me and worried he would fall over onto the floor- it was a long ride!) him to the vet and she prescribed him some Tramadol for pain and to sedate him slightly for the next 10 days, doesn't seem to sedate him much but must help with pain because he was super happy this morning.
I had him out of his crate for like 20 min. this morning rubbing him down, he is such a sweet baby.
As a family we had a fun day yesterday of soccer games and then headed to the Halloween activities for kids at Kings Island, it was awesome this year and had a great time! I'll have to post pics. I'll have to take some Mickey pics and post them too.
Keep praying for a speedy recovery for Mickey! Thanks:thumbsup2
Lesley

Well, glad to hear its not going to awful bad!
A day at a time is all you can do...just hang
in there and surely mickey will be back to his
ole self in a jiffy!!:goodvibes

Glad your family had some fun this weekend even with Mickey's injury. We have a golden retriever that is almost 3 and I can totally understand your concerns about keeping him crated for 3 weeks. Goldens love to be with their families so I am sure it will be hard for him and you. I hope the 3 weeks fly by. The little rub downs you give him are a a good idea and so sweet.

So sorry to hear about Mickey and glad to hear he is on the road to recovery. I'm sure the next four weeks are going to be tough. As someone said take it one day at a time. Thanks for the updates I sure appreciate the time you take when your life is so busy. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

Glad that Mickey is recovering... and I agree Kings Island was fun with the way they had the Halloween things this year! We went today!

Just got all updates and i am so sorry about Mickey! I hope that he continues to recover well! Poor little guy.

Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about y'all. I sure hope that Mickey has a speedy recovery. I know how hard it is to see them like that! Give him lots of love from the DIS!:lovestruc

glad to hear things are going better as you'd initially thought with mickey. that has to be so hard! you're a good momma to give him those rub downs...i know he appreciates it! ;)

Hi Sharon,
Thanks for asking. Things are actually much better than I anticipated. Mickey is doing awesome, he's such a good boy and actually is doing well in his crate. He doesn't even whine when he is put back in it after going potty. We still get him out to go to the bathroom and feed him and when he's out we pet him outside or in the living room for 10-15 minutes, as long as he stays still. He's doing great. We go back on the 15th (next week) to have x-rays taken of his hip so please pray everything is good, but I think it should be, he seems fine, not in pain and is bearing weight on the leg. Here are pics of our poor handsome boy in his crate:
10-10-08005.jpg

10-10-08007.jpg

Lesley and Family - So glad to hear that Mickey is healing well. I hope all goes well next week at the Dr., and that you find out that everything is healing well. My he sure has grown though! :eek: Of course, puppies have a way of doing that. ;)

Hi Sharon,
Thanks for asking. Things are actually much better than I anticipated. Mickey is doing awesome, he's such a good boy and actually is doing well in his crate. He doesn't even whine when he is put back in it after going potty. We still get him out to go to the bathroom and feed him and when he's out we pet him outside or in the living room for 10-15 minutes, as long as he stays still. He's doing great. We go back on the 15th (next week) to have x-rays taken of his hip so please pray everything is good, but I think it should be, he seems fine, not in pain and is bearing weight on the leg. Here are pics of our poor handsome boy in his crate:
10-10-08005.jpg

10-10-08007.jpg

So glad to hear Mickey is recovering well. I hope everything goes well on the 15th. I have 3 dogs of my own and I know how heartwrenching it is when something terrible happens to them--they're a member of the family after all! Sending all of the pixie dust I have your way in hopes that your little prince fully recovers soon.:wizard:

Oh Lesley, so sorry to see Mickey was hurt. :sad2: I was on vacation in Mexico when you first posted, and hadn't caught up yet. I'm glad he's doing okay, and praying for an easy recovery.:hug:

Awww... he looks so cute with his satalite dish on! :cutie: My mom's dog had to wear one of those a lot. It was funny in the winter because she would scoop up snow in it when she came up the stairs. :rotfl2:

Leslie,
Read your thread to see if you had any updates. So sorry to hear about Mickey. What an awful ordeal. I think that you are doing the right thing by spending time with him when you take him out, that should help continue your bonding. I'm sure he feels safe and secure with your family. What a lucky puppy to have you caring for him.
I hope you get good news next week during his check up.
Judy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter