Tim Tracker advised not to take selfies with guests at Magic Kingdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that I just watched their recent tour of GKTW Village last night, and I had tears in my eyes, and love in my heart. I know the DIS brought about my knowledge that the place even existed, and I've supported it for several years when and where I can, but the Trackers showed it so lovingly and it was so well-presented without being emotional and cheesy that I love it even MORE now!!! And for me, it wasn't even about them, but the children and families!!

Last edited:
I have to say that I just watched their recent tour of GKTW Village last night, and I had tears in my eyes, and love in my heart. I know the DIS brought about my knowledge that the place even existed, and I've supported it for several years when and where I can, but the Trackers showed it so lovingly and it was so well-presented without being emotional and cheesy that I love it even MORE now!!! And for me, it wasn't even about them, but the children and families!!

Exactly. The DIS team always talks about GTKW but to actually see the premise and humanize it was actually amazing thing.

It’s the one thing I always said the DIS team doesn’t do is more interaction with the fans trackers read mail and respond live which is such a unique touch.

It’s the one thing I always said the DIS team doesn’t do is more interaction with the fans
They used to do that a lot. They would read emails and play voicemails on the show. They used to give out prizes (with the Prizematron) for various things. I got a couple of DIS Unplugged tshirts and I won a 3-day stay at the Swan/Dolphin one time. And they have done a number of viewer email Q&A shows. I wish they would go back to doing that stuff and interacting more.

They are still the best Disney park channel on YouTube. Everyone else is extremely cringe or extremely 90s with production. I
I think WDW Couple has come out better. Everyone lately has been coming out with better honestly. If you look at the Hagrids or GE videos of LA and Orlando, everyone has stepped up but them.

Trackers used to be good, but has gone down hill for a bit now.

I think WDW Couple has come out better. Everyone lately has been coming out with better honestly. If you look at the Hagrids or GE videos of LA and Orlando, everyone has stepped up but them.

Trackers used to be good, but has gone down hill for a bit now.

Based on their channel they are moving to Florida sometime? That being said they can't honestly even be in the running for the Tracker category until they live there. My whole point is the Trackers are in the parks shooting content so often.

Again show me channels it's great people have a single good video around a coaster release but the power behind the Tracker channel is consistent videos with in park content.

Happy to watch or checkout channels hopefully WDW Couple turns to be a great go to as well when they start living locally and can go to Disney more often.

One other thing about Disney sites/vloggers in general....at what point does THAT bubble burst? A few of them have large enough followings that they can stick around as long as they wish, but man....I didn't realize until this week just how many are out there trying to stake their claim in that market. I followed a few on IG and suddenly my "suggestions" were packed with dozens and dozens of these things. At some point it's oversaturation, right? And I'm not talking about the people who vlog in general, and Disney is just part of it. I'm talking about those whose entire accounts seem to be Disney-based. Unless you have a specific lane you can fill, I just don't see how 75 percent of those will still be around in three years(at least, not the ones who are trying to make a living doing it).

One other thing about Disney sites/vloggers in general....at what point does THAT bubble burst? A few of them have large enough followings that they can stick around as long as they wish, but man....I didn't realize until this week just how many are out there trying to stake their claim in that market. I followed a few on IG and suddenly my "suggestions" were packed with dozens and dozens of these things. At some point it's oversaturation, right? And I'm not talking about the people who vlog in general, and Disney is just part of it. I'm talking about those whose entire accounts seem to be Disney-based. Unless you have a specific lane you can fill, I just don't see how 75 percent of those will still be around in three years(at least, not the ones who are trying to make a living doing it).
At some point the YouTube bubble itself will burst. That's not a "my" problem.

Based on their channel they are moving to Florida sometime? That being said they can't honestly even be in the running for the Tracker category until they live there. My whole point is the Trackers are in the parks shooting content so often.

Again show me channels it's great people have a single good video around a coaster release but the power behind the Tracker channel is consistent videos with in park content.

Happy to watch or checkout channels hopefully WDW Couple turns to be a great go to as well when they start living locally and can go to Disney more often.

How could someone be in the parks as often as the Trackers, and yet still have no idea what is going? Being somewhere often =/= Knowing what is happening

How could someone be in the parks as often as the Trackers, and yet still have no idea what is going? Being somewhere often =/= Knowing what is happening

I think we are watching for different reasons. I watch DIS Unplugged and another (not to be named channel) for all the latest information around WDW. I watch the Trackers for the actual inpark content.

I don't need them to know every fact about exactly what is coming and that is not the point of the channel that I ever got from their videos. They are simply an entertainment channel based primarily around WDW and Universal.

WDW Couple does live in Florida...unless their flying there everyday.

I hadn't had a chance to watch them yet but did subscribe yesterday to check them out tonight. I got confused as they have a video labeled "Moving to Florida" from a month ago which it sounds like they are just giving feedback to viewers on how to move to Florida (I had read it as them announcing they were moving).

Exactly. I have 2 that I really follow, and they talk from two completely different perspectives.

The only reviews I really pay attention to from Tim would be the food reviews. He is always honest about that.

All he eats is burgers, steak and fries... He has the palate of a two-year old and I mean... I don't think I would take food reviews from someone like that.

as a New Yorker, I love the Trackers because i can only get to the parks maybe 1 or 2 times a year, but when i need a fix, they have a video daily usually of them in the parks.

I'm a long time Dis-Boarder... and have been watching the Trackers for about 6 months now. I'm aware of their past stuff and really - I don't care? I have to applaud them. Running a profitable YouTube channel is NOT easy. I have two small channels of my own and personally just got back from Disney this past Saturday. Trying to record everything there...in the heat and rain and crowds...I told my husband, could you imagine doing this every day like these WDW vloggers do? It's insane - not to mention the time and energy that goes into editing, thumbnails, promotion, social media...etc... Those with successfull YouTube channels and large followings will ALWAYS attract the haters no matter what.
When I think of the Trackers, I see a couple who realized what a cash cow putting out Disney content can be and they took advantage of it - and I think that's super smart. Personally I think they do a good job with it and I like watching their vlogs. Those who live to put them down and talk trash about them (even going as low as to insult Jenn's appearance annd weight while pregnant!!) need to find something better to do with their lives and get over it.

When I think of the Trackers, I see a couple who realized what a cash cow putting out Disney content can be and they took advantage of it - and I think that's super smart. Personally I think they do a good job with it and I like watching their vlogs. Those who live to put them down and talk trash about them (even going as low as to insult Jenn's appearance annd weight while pregnant!!) need to find something better to do with their lives and get over it.

Couldn't agree more

All he eats is burgers, steak and fries... He has the palate of a two-year old and I mean... I don't think I would take food reviews from someone like that.

My eyes have rolled so far into the back of my head I can see yesterday... He eats all kinds of things in the parks (ALL the Florida parks) and they eat lots of interesting and different things in their home vlogs. If you just don't like him/them/their channel, just say it or better yet, say nothing and don't watch....but do not make stuff up or exaggerate to fit your narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter