So got my expired tickets taken care of at guest services, made park res for them in Oct. So of course today, they say they can come in early Dec only!! So 1/ how can I change those to Dec park res- do I have to cancel the OCt one first, then itll let me make res for them online? and 2/ my and my husb AP expire in Nov- so it shows we dont have tickets==== when can I renew so we can make park res in Dec??? Thanks!!
1. You can cancel the Oct. park reservations, those cannot be "moved" to a new date. Before trying to make park reservations for December, you'll probably need to update your ticket start date again.

2. Unfortunately, APs usually cannot be renewed until (I believe) 60 days prior to the expiration. If you have onsite resort reservations, you may be able to get an early renewal voucher. Otherwise, you can either wait until you are within the renewal period or you can purchase a ticket for December now which can then be applied towards his renewal when it's time.

How do I update the start or expiration ? They are 1 day tix...and purchasing 1 day for me and husband money will apply towards the renewal price?

How do I update the start or expiration ? They are 1 day tix...and purchasing 1 day for me and husband money will apply towards the renewal price?
Hopefully you can do it through MDE now that it's not past the expiration date. A 1-day ticket is only valid that specific date, so you'll need to "upgrade" to the new date.

Yes, same as pre-Covid, a regular ticket can be applied towards an AP renewal. It will reduce the price of the renewal by the cost of the 1 day ticket you have.

If you are using the actual plastic card ticket, it would be good to take that ticket along with the now 14 year old to any Guest Relations or ticket booth and have that old ticket converted to an Adult ticket at no charge. (The new ticket will have the same remaining assets as the current "old" ticket.)

I think my question is in this response to someone else, but just want to be sure.

We recently went to GS at DS to exchange old non-expiry tickets to plastic ones. The CM wrote how many days were on each and said they can now be assigned to anyone in my MDE, once I put them on my account.

Some of the tickets were originally child tickets but she didn't indicate adult or child on the tickets. I have not added any of them to my MDE yet (so I can't see if it shows adult or child on there) but I am wondering if they are now all 'adult' tickets based on Robo's response above.

I think my question is in this response to someone else, but just want to be sure.

We recently went to GS at DS to exchange old non-expiry tickets to plastic ones. The CM wrote how many days were on each and said they can now be assigned to anyone in my MDE, once I put them on my account.

Some of the tickets were originally child tickets but she didn't indicate adult or child on the tickets. I have not added any of them to my MDE yet (so I can't see if it shows adult or child on there) but I am wondering if they are now all 'adult' tickets based on Robo's response above.
They certainly COULD be.
You can call Disney, explain (as you did above,) and ask.

I believe no-expire tickets were last sold in 2013. Any child back then (3-9) is old enough for an adult ticket (10+) now.
Yes.
BUT...
In order for a "former child" who is now 10 yrs or older to get a child's ticket converted to
an adult ticket at no charge, that old ticket must have been used by that (then) child at least one time at WDW.
If the child's old ticket has never been used, it cannot generally and usually be converted at no charge to adult an ticket.
There would generally and usually be the need for the guest to pay the difference between the old child's ticket and the new current adult ticket.
Whether the CM did or did not convert the old ticket from child to adult is not known.

I tend to think that MIGHT have happened, but "I can't tell from here." ;)

Last edited:

This is very oddly specific so bare with me! When I was in HS and still traveling with my parents, we bought the nonexpiring tickets Disney offered. We all ended up with 3 days that have been sitting since 2006(ish) because it never worked out that we were able to use them for various reasons. On our last trip my parents got all the information from GS to make sure we would be able to use them in the future.
So next year I am renting DVC points with MY family and I would be able to buy tickets separately to make sure I could use up my non expiring tickets. But, since 2006 I’ve gotten married and changed my last name. I don’t want to “reassign” the tickets as I know that’s not allowed. But, will there be an issue for me to assign to myself in order to book parks if I don’t have the same last name? I assume I’d be able to bring my marriage license to GS in person but that wouldn’t really help me until I was physically in Florida. Has anyone else had this predicament?

I believe no-expire tickets were last sold in 2013. Any child back then (3-9) is old enough for an adult ticket (10+) now.
Yes.
BUT...
In order for a "former child" who is now 10 yrs or older to get a child's ticket converted to
an adult ticket at no charge, that old ticket must have been used by that (then) child at least one time at WDW.

I tend to think that MIGHT have happened, but "I can't tell from here." ;)

Thank you both.
Yes, all my children are now adults, though the CM said that the tickets are not connected to any person right now.
I neglected to say that the CM wrote how many days WERE LEFT on the old tickets, as all were previously used.

So, does that mean that all tickets are now 'adult'?

But, since 2006 I’ve gotten married and changed my last name. I don’t want to “reassign” the tickets as I know that’s not allowed. But, will there be an issue for me to assign to myself in order to book parks if I don’t have the same last name?
I don't think the name change will be a problem. What might be a (minor) challenge is if the tickets still reside in an old profile on your parents' MDE account, and presumably you now have your own MDE account. If so, I would first try to re-assign the ticket from "old" you to "new" you. If you can't do that, you or mom may have to call MDE tech to get your profiles merged.

If the ticket is not currently assigned to anyone in any MDE account (i.e., just the hard ticket), you shouldn't have any problem assigning it to yourself.

I have a question about who gets to use tickets once they're attached to a name in MDE,for a park reservation-(not sure if this belongs over in that thread or not) So I have an older 5 day hopper that's never been entered in MDE,and never attached to a name yet. Thinking of using for an upcoming fall trip- BUT- if I get it into MDE and attach to hubbys name,and then we end up canceling the trip, is that ticket still attached permanently to him forever,until he gets there to use it? (say if I attach,make park res. all in his name, then have to cancel) Or can I attach it to another name in that event? -thanks - I thought I knew this stuff, but the reservation thing has me wondering how it all works now.

I have a question about who gets to use tickets once they're attached to a name in MDE,for a park reservation-(not sure if this belongs over in that thread or not) So I have an older 5 day hopper that's never been entered in MDE,and never attached to a name yet. Thinking of using for an upcoming fall trip- BUT- if I get it into MDE and attach to hubbys name,and then we end up canceling the trip,
1. is that ticket still attached permanently to him forever,until he gets there to use it? (say if I attach,make park res. all in his name, then have to cancel)
2. Or can I attach it to another name in that event?
1. No.
2. Yes.

If the ticket is not currently assigned to anyone in any MDE account (i.e., just the hard ticket), you shouldn't have any problem assigning it to yourself.
I don’t think it’s ever been assigned in MDE - I’m pretty sure they have the old keys to the world hard tickets. Thank you! I’m going to try this once we have our rental confirmed!

When I did this a few years back, they all became adult tickets,in my MDE so it was easy to assign them to myself and use later. don't know if things have changed since then tho.

Do you have to have the physical expired ticket in order to put the value towards the purchase of a new ticket?
I have the ticket linked still in MDE (You can see the number and such), but the physical ticket was given to my MIL who did not end up coming and then could not find the ticket to give it back to me.

1. Do you have to have the physical expired ticket in order to put the value towards the purchase of a new ticket?
2. I have the ticket linked still in MDE (You can see the number and such), but the physical ticket was given to my MIL who did not end up coming and then could not find the ticket to give it back to me.
1. No.
2. And NOW, while you're thinking about it...
Write down (or store elsewhere in your computer) the actual ticket number of the ticket in question,
as it may very well "disappear" from your MDX listing.
(YOU won't be able to see it, but Disney can.)

We bought 2 day tickets through Undercover Tourist. Have already added trem to MDE and made our park reservations. Now we are thinking of going to a third park. What would be the best way to add a day to the tickets? Or, would we be able to add park hopping to just one or two of the tickets? What would that cost?

We bought 2 day tickets through ******************. Have already added trem to MDE and made our park reservations. Now we are thinking of going to a third park.
1. What would be the best way to add a day to the tickets?
2. Or, would we be able to add park hopping to just one or two of the tickets?
3. What would that cost?
1. You can try to upgrade within your MDE account.
If that doesn't work, call Disney and ask nicely.
2. That is not possible, as Hopping is "All days, or nothing."
(You certainly CAN upgrade to a Hopper, but it will be for all days of your ticket.)
3. The cost to upgrade a ticket is the difference between the on-line Disney price of the
ticket that you HAVE and the on-line Disney price of the
ticket that you WANT.
(What you paid the discounter for the ticket does not figure into the upgrade cost.)

BTW, it is generally not advantageous to purchase one-day and two-day tickets from an
authorized ticket discounter as generally those tickets cost MORE from the discounter
than buying directly from Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter