Question about price bridging to WDW annual pass.

I purchased 6 day base + 1 day water park tickets from a travel agent. The price is a lot less expensive because it was bought via group buy.

I am planning to upgrade it to platinum annual pass as soon as I get to WDW in August.

1. Will they see how much I paid for the ticket when upgrading?

2. Can I upgrade it right away without even using it but still get the “discount”?

Can you help me figure out if I was charged correctly for an upgrade to a DVC Gold AP certificate last week?

Here is the scenario:
Used an Airmiles reseller 7 day flexible option ticket with a December 2019 expiry purchased April 17, 2019 however Disney's website tickets expire 2020. These tickets became available from Airmiles in April 2019 after price increase.
Contacted Airmiles to find out date ticket purchased from Disney to calculate their value and they said they are not the currently priced post March 12 tickets ( however tickets are dated March 22 2019 on back).
I expected the tickets would be valued at the pre March 12 2019 price which would have been $521.

I first went to Disney Springs ticket centre and they valued the ticket at $469 after tax. I told them I was expecting $521 so cast member tried to price it another way and said no, unfortunately they are $469. I didn't upgrade there, instead went to Magic Kingdom hoping for a different answer but value quoted was the same. I'm just back now and have double-checked my expected $521 on allears and they have the same price for pre March 12 2019 tickets.

So was my ticket supposed to be bridged to at least the $521 value (or current value) or not? At the moment I can't find any info that doesn't say I was overcharged. I'm very confused.

Follow-up:

I contacted Disney Ticketing Services and the answer I received was that there are quite a number of Disney tickets that wholesalers carry that Disney will not bridge. After looking at my tickets, they would not or could not confirm whether the Airmiles Disney tickets are in this category but as Airmiles only carries 5 and 7 day Flexible Date tickets and not the full range of tickets that Disney offers, I would think it is a good possibility.

The Airmiles Flexible Date tickets have only been available for a few weeks now, hopefully someone else will be posting their experience soon which will help answer unknowns. @Robo, thank you for your help.

Question about price bridging to WDW annual pass.

I purchased 6 day base + 1 day water park tickets from a travel agent. The price is a lot less expensive because it was bought via group buy.

I am planning to upgrade it to platinum annual pass as soon as I get to WDW in August.

1. Will they see how much I paid for the ticket when upgrading?

2. Can I upgrade it right away without even using it but still get the “discount”?
1. This ticket might (or might not) be upgradable.
They likely cannot see what you paid. (Only what the TA paid, which will be less than your cost.)
2. If it can be upgraded, it doesn’t matter if you use it first or not.

1. This ticket might (or might not) be upgradable.
They likely cannot see what you paid. (Only what the TA paid, which will be less than your cost.)
2. If it can be upgraded, it doesn’t matter if you use it first or not.

Is there a way to know before our trip if the tickets are upgradable?

If they are upgradable, will they value the tickets on what the TA paid?

1. Is there a way to know before our trip if the tickets are upgradable?
2. If they are upgradable, will they value the tickets on what the TA paid?
1. You can try.
Call WDW Ticketing:
(407) 566-4985 (option 5)
Hours: 8:30am-4:30pm ET Mon-Sat
2. Hopefully, not.
But, TA tickets seem to occupy a somewhat "unique" category in WDW ticketing.

Can you please help with my question?

I have a reservation that is for room and tickets for 5 days in July. I added 2 days as a separate room only for the 2 days preceding my package.

I changed from 5 day tickets to 7 day tickets so I can go to the parks before my package begins.

I was told I'd have to go to the resort that I have the package with and ask them to activate my park tickets so I can use them.

Today when I was able to make fast passes, I cannot for the 2 days before the package begins.

Do you know if there is any way to make fast passes, or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Can you please help with my question?

I have a reservation that is for room and tickets for 5 days in July. I added 2 days as a separate room only for the 2 days preceding my package.

I changed from 5 day tickets to 7 day tickets so I can go to the parks before my package begins.

I was told I'd have to go to the resort that I have the package with and ask them to activate my park tickets so I can use them.

Today when I was able to make fast passes, I cannot for the 2 days before the package begins.

Do you know if there is any way to make fast passes, or am I out of luck?

Thanks

Looks like you made a classic error in buying tickets.
You should not have bought 7-day tickets for (what is now) your SECOND stay.
You should have bought 7-day tickets for (what is now) your FIRST stay.

Tickets bought as part of a resort stay "package" cannot be activated before that resort's
check-in date (and no advance FPs can be booked for those prior days.)

If your second resort package does NOT require tickets (for getting "Free Dining" or similar) a solution would be to
FIRST... (Re)order stand-alone tickets, that are dated to be available starting on your first resort's check-in date (I'd order tickets from an authorized WDW ticket discounter to save some money) and once you have those new tickets in your MDX account,
call and cancel all of your current tickets (the ones associated with your second resort reservation.)

That way, your tickets will be active for the entire trip (and you can book advance FPs for the entire trip.)

If this would not work due to something that you didn't mention in your question, let us know.

Last edited:

I bought the 2nd part of my package using the summer room discount.

If I cancel those tickets and buy stand alone tickets instead, will I lose my fast passes that I've already secured?

Also, when I called to ask the cast member told me I could change to 7 day tickets and have them activated for the 2 days prior as long as I go to the resort that's part of the second stay to do so. Do you think that info is inaccurate?

I bought the 2nd part of my package using the summer room discount.

1. If I cancel those tickets and buy stand alone tickets instead, will I lose my fast passes that I've already secured?

2. Also, when I called to ask the cast member told me I could change to 7 day tickets and have them activated for the 2 days prior as long as I go to the resort that's part of the second stay to do so. Do you think that info is inaccurate?

1. You'll note that I said to FIRST buy your NEW tickets, and once you have those new tickets in your MDX account, cancel your current tickets.
That would hold the current FPs.

2. I do not trust that info.
But, even if it was true, you can't book FPs in advance of your arrival if the tickets
cannot be activated except in-person.

Sorry for all the questions, just want to be sure...

I've never used something like Undercover Tourist, but i assume once I purchase, they'd send me a code or confirmation to link tickets to the mde app, correct?

And, also, Disney will refund my tickets?

Thanks, Robo, you're truly awesome with all these responses!

Sorry for all the questions, just want to be sure...

I've never used something like Undercover Tourist, but i assume
1. once I purchase, they'd send me a code or confirmation to link tickets to the mde app, correct?

2. And, also, Disney will refund my tickets?

Thanks, Robo, you're truly awesome with all these responses!
1. Correct
2. If they are not “required” for getting a special package or room discount, yes.

I have a question about AP Renewals for Florida Residents purchased by a grandparent. Our next trip is November 7th - November 11th. My father will be meeting us there and we will upgrade the kids tickets to APs with activation date of 11/7 (so I assume expiration date will be 11/7/2020).

First question - if my dad comes with us to Guest Services on 11/7 and proves his residency, can we "activate" the tickets on 11/8 without him being there? He wants to go home on the 7th and it works better for us if we start our park day on 11/8.

Second question - I found out this week that my daughter's dance studio will be Dancing at Disney December 4 - 6th 2020 (somewhere around that time).

I read somewhere you have up to 30 days after the AP expiration to renew. If we choose to renew the kids APs for an activation date of 12/4, can we activate them during that December 2020 trip and would my dad have to be involved IN PERSON at all?

Thanks!

I have a question about AP Renewals for Florida Residents purchased by a grandparent. Our next trip is November 7th - November 11th. My father will be meeting us there and we will upgrade the kids tickets to

1. APs with activation date of 11/7 (so I assume expiration date will be 11/7/2020).

First question - if my dad comes with us to Guest Services on 11/7 and proves his residency,
2. can we "activate" the tickets on 11/8 without him being there?
3. He wants to go home on the 7th and it works better for us if we start our park day on 11/8.
4. I read somewhere you have up to 30 days after the AP expiration to renew.
5. If we choose to renew the kids APs for an activation date of 12/4, can we activate them during that December 2020 trip and would my dad have to be involved IN PERSON at all?

Thanks!
1. Correct. Last day of use would be 11/07/20.
2. Unlikely. The first time an AP is USED to enter a park is the actual "activation."
And, it is probable that the FL ID would be asked to be shown at that first use.
(BTW, in the case of first use of an AP on 11/8/19, it would then expire on 11/8/20.)
3. I would be uneasy about that. I'd make a trip to a theme park (and enter with the new AP) on the last day that your dad is still at WDW.
4. Correct.
5. BUT... a RENEWAL will KEEP the same exact anniversary ("expiration") date as the original AP.
(That's what makes it a "renewal" of the current AP.)
So, the idea that you have 30 days after the expiration to "renew" the AP does not change the DATE.
It simply allows the renewed AP to cost a reduced rate compared to just buying a new AP.

2. Unlikely. The first time an AP is USED to enter a park is the actual "activation."
And, it is probable that the FL ID would be asked to be shown at that first use.
(BTW, in the case of first use of an AP on 11/8/19, it would then expire on 11/8/20.)
3. I would be uneasy about that. I'd make a trip to a theme park (and enter with the new AP) on the last day that your dad is still at WDW.
4. Correct.
5. BUT... a RENEWAL will KEEP the same exact anniversary ("expiration") date as the original AP.
So, the idea that you have 30 days after the expiration to "renew" the AP does not change the DATE.
It simply allows the renewed AP to cost a reduced rate compared to just buying a new AP.
Oooh, thank you for clarifying the renewal dates. I didn’t know that. Thanks!

4. Correct.
To clarify, does my dad have to be physically present for the renewal process?

Is bridging still a thing? We are going the last week in December and through the first week of January. Block out dates for the gold pass. Thinking of buying 10 d hoppers and upgrading to the hold pass once the blockout window passes. Is there any benefit to purchasing with UT for the discount? Or does Disney know what I paid and I lose my discount upon upgrade. If so, I’ll just buy direct from Disney using Canadian Disney gift cards.

1. Is bridging still a thing? We are going the last week in December and through the first week of January. Block out dates for the gold pass. 2. Thinking of buying 10 d hoppers and upgrading to the hold pass once the blockout window passes.
3. Is there any benefit to purchasing with UT for the discount?
4. Or does Disney know what I paid and I lose my discount upon upgrade. If so, I’ll just buy direct from Disney using Canadian Disney gift cards.
1. Yes.
2. OK.
3. Yes. You must buy from an authorized ticket discounter (UT is one of several) in order to get the “price bridging” advantage.
4. Disney knows prices, but not what YOU were charged.

To clarify, does my dad have to be physically present for the renewal process?
Always assume that a FL resident must be present with ID for initial transactions.
If they don’t ask, that’s fine.
But, if they do (and it’s to Disney’s benefit that they do,) then you’ll be prepared.
The PURPOSE of allowing FL residents to buy FL res tickets for kids is for the FL res adults to enjoy visiting WDW with those kids.

At the world now. Just tried to upgrade a 10 day PH to DVC Gold AP at Guest Relations inside HS. CM says he would price bridge our discounted tickets to gate price, so I thought I was good. But his price was $80 more than my calculations ( for 4 APs). Turns out the price his system was showing for gate price was about $20 less per ticket than what the Disney website shows. I actually brought it up on the website while there and showed him the higher online price. He went back to talk to a supervisor for like 10 minutes. Came back and said he couldn’t explain why the website would be $20 more per ticket than his system, but there’s nothing he can do. So I bagged it and will try again to tomorrow.

Any idea why the on-site gate price would be $20 less than the online price? Yes we did factor in taxes.

At the world now. Just tried to upgrade a 10 day PH to DVC Gold AP at Guest Relations inside HS. CM says he would price bridge our discounted tickets to gate price, so I thought I was good. But his price was $80 more than my calculations ( for 4 APs). Turns out the price his system was showing for gate price was about $20 less per ticket than what the Disney website shows. I actually brought it up on the website while there and showed him the higher online price. He went back to talk to a supervisor for like 10 minutes. Came back and said he couldn’t explain why the website would be $20 more per ticket than his system, but there’s nothing he can do. So I bagged it and will try again to tomorrow.

Any idea why the on-site gate price would be $20 less than the online price? Yes we did factor in taxes.

"Gate Price" is not used for calculating upgraded tickets...
UNLESS you physically bought your original tickets at a WDW location.
(And, if you did that, there is no "price bridging" allowed.)
A "gate" location (WDW location) charges an extra fee, per ticket ($20-25) for an in-person ticket purchase.

The price that should be used to calculate the "value" of your original tickets
(if you ordered them from an authorized ticket discounter or as part of a WDW resort stay)
should be the "pre-order price" or "on-line price."
Those are the prices to which I link in Post #6 of the thread on which we are now posting.

You did not say when or from whom you bought your original tickets.

If the CM offered less money than the on-line "Disney price"
(in effect on the date on which your original tickets were "minted")
then, yes, there is something incorrect about your transaction.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter