Maybe.
But, any "deal" you got will be lost.

You will only get the value of the price of those convention tickets if they do allow an upgrade.

Using a ticket before upgrading does not affect the ability to upgrade, nor the price of the upgrade.

If you intend to upgrade, you'd be much better off buying your tickets
via an Authorized ticket discounter (like UndercoverTourist.com or many others.)
You then WOULD get to keep the discount when upgrading to AP.

Ugh that was what I was afraid of. I leave it 3 weeks and everything is planned. I was hoping it would be the same deal as though UT.

Maybe.
But, any "deal" you got will be lost.

You will only get the value of the price of those convention tickets if they do allow an upgrade.

Using a ticket before upgrading does not affect the ability to upgrade, nor the price of the upgrade.

If you intend to upgrade, you'd be much better off buying your tickets
via an Authorized ticket discounter (like UndercoverTourist.com or many others.)
You then WOULD get to keep the discount when upgrading to AP.

If the tickets can be removed from the reservation and I get UT before they do that and link them, any chance my FP would stay? I have every intention of upgrading but now I don’t know what to do. The TA even knew I was planning on doing that.

1. If the tickets can be removed from the reservation and I get UT before they do that and link them, any chance my FP would stay?
2. I have every intention of upgrading but now I don’t know what to do.
3. The TA even knew I was planning on doing that.

1. What you should do is buy and link the UT tickets in your account before you remove the current ones.
2. If you get UT (or other discounter's) tickets and put them in your MDX, you'll be just fine.
3. Sadly, many TAs don't understand the unique (and often bizarre) "upgrade procedures."

I’m probably overthinking things, but I have a question about activating AP vouchers.

My wife and I each have our own separate MDX account. Our childrens’ MDX profiles are managed under my MDX account. Our accounts are linked via “Freinds and Family”. My wife can see, and plan for our children when logged in to her account.

Wife and daughter (10 years old) will be activating their AP vouchers on an upcoming trip. I will not be joining them in Orlando this trip and therefore won’t be physically present when they activate them. Wife will obviously have her photo ID.

1. Will our 10 year-old daughter need any sort of ID?

2. Will my absence, and the fact that our daughter is managed under my MDX account cause any trouble with the activation process?

A few pieces of info. in case it helps:

•These are NOT Florida Resident APs. Just the regular run-of-the-mill Platinum Passes.

•These AP vouchers were purchased over the phone with a Disney CM using WDW gift cards.

•AP vouchers have been successfully linked to wife and daughter’s MDX profiles respectively. FPs have been booked and all that’s left to do is activate them before first park entry.

•Wife and daughter will each have a Magic Band when they visit Guest Relations.

•I seem to remember the phone CM mentioning that my wife should make a point to bring the actual plastic Disney gift cards that were originally used to purchase these AP vouchers. He also mentioned that it might be a good idea for my wife to bring along a photocopy of my drivers license or similar government issued ID:

3. Is this standard procedure for activating a child’s AP who’s MDX profile is managed by someone other than the adult accompanying them to the Guest Relations window?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:
I’m probably overthinking things, but I have a question about activating AP vouchers.

My wife and I each have our own separate MDX account. Our childrens’ MDX profiles are managed under my MDX account. Our accounts are linked via “Freinds and Family”. My wife can see, and plan for our children when logged in to her account.

Wife and daughter (10 years old) will be activating their AP vouchers on an upcoming trip. I will not be joining them in Orlando this trip and therefore won’t be physically present when they activate them. Wife will obviously have her photo ID.

1. Will our 10 year-old daughter need any sort of ID?

2. Will my absence, and the fact that our daughter is managed under my MDX account cause any trouble with the activation process?

A few pieces of info. in case it helps:

•These are NOT Florida Resident APs. Just the regular run-of-the-mill Platinum Passes.

•These AP vouchers were purchased over the phone with a Disney CM using WDW gift cards.

•AP vouchers have been successfully linked to wife and daughter’s MDX profiles respectively. FPs have been booked and all that’s left to do is activate them before first park entry.

•Wife and daughter will each have a Magic Band when they visit Guest Relations.

4. •I seem to remember the phone CM mentioning that my wife should make a point to bring the actual plastic Disney gift cards that were originally used to purchase these AP vouchers. He also mentioned that it might be a good idea for my wife to bring along a photocopy of my drivers license or similar government issued ID:

3. Is this standard procedure for activating a child’s AP who’s MDX profile is managed by someone other than the adult accompanying them to the Guest Relations window?

Thanks in advance for any help!
1. No.
2. No.
4. Couldn't hurt.
3. I don't know if there actually IS a "standard procedure" for that particular situation, however if your wife DOES have
the items in #4 above (she likely won't NEED them) but, having more specifics than she needs, JUST IN CASE, can't hurt.

1. No.
2. No.
4. Couldn't hurt.
3. I don't know if there actually IS a "standard procedure" for that particular situation, however if your wife DOES have
the items in #4 above (she likely won't NEED them) but, having more specifics than she needs, JUST IN CASE, can't hurt.
Many thanks @Robo! Very helpful as always!

If the tickets can be removed from the reservation and I get UT before they do that and link them, any chance my FP would stay? I have every intention of upgrading but now I don’t know what to do. The TA even knew I was planning on doing that.

I did this exact thing on a Magical deal. I bought and linked the UT ticket before asking the TA to remove the convention tickets. All of my FP stayed intact.

1. What you should do is buy and link the UT tickets in your account before you remove the current ones.
2. If you get UT (or other discounter's) tickets and put them in your MDX, you'll be just fine.
3. Sadly, many TAs don't understand the unique (and often bizarre) "upgrade procedures."

I did this exact thing on a Magical deal. I bought and linked the UT ticket before asking the TA to remove the convention tickets. All of my FP stayed intact.

Thank you both for the advice! I will order UT today!

One other quick question as I finish sorting money for our upcoming trip. I purchased 6 day base tickets from UT so I paid $405/adult vs. $431 charged by Disney (tax difference) so if I add days to make this an 8 day ticket, am I adding in the $26 of tax I didn't initially pay plus the cost of additional days? Does that make sense?

My apologies if this has been covered (I did search and read the sticky but I feel like I'm missing something).

We are visiting WDW from 8/17-8/25. We have 5 day park tickets (NOT hoppers, NOT AP, just one park per day). DH just got selected to attend a work conference from 9/24-9/28, and we're considering visiting Epcot one of those days for F&W. Would we be able to have one more day added to our tickets and then use it during the second trip? If I'm reading correctly on the Disney site, it only says that the ticket must be upgraded within 14 days of the ticket's first use (so in our case we go to Epcot on 8/18 as our first use and must upgrade within 14 days of that AND before we have used all 5 park tickets). It doesn't say that I must also use the added day within that 14 days, but I feel like it can't just be this easy.

Or, we are DVC members so can't we just upgrade to an annual pass from our 5 day tickets? I'm not sure we save any money that way.

My apologies if this has been covered (I did search and read the sticky but I feel like I'm missing something).

We are visiting WDW from 8/17-8/25. We have 5 day park tickets (NOT hoppers, NOT AP, just one park per day). DH just got selected to attend a work conference from 9/24-9/28, and we're considering visiting Epcot one of those days for F&W. Would we be able to have one more day added to our tickets and then use it during the second trip? If I'm reading correctly on the Disney site, it only says that the ticket must be upgraded within 14 days of the ticket's first use (so in our case we go to Epcot on 8/18 as our first use and must upgrade within 14 days of that AND before we have used all 5 park tickets). It doesn't say that I must also use the added day within that 14 days, but I feel like it can't just be this easy.

Or, we are DVC members so can't we just upgrade to an annual pass from our 5 day tickets? I'm not sure we save any money that way.

Tickets expire within 14 days of first use I believe and adding the day wouldn't change that expiration

Tickets expire within 14 days of first use I believe and adding the day wouldn't change that expiration
That's my thinking as well. Just because it doesn't explicitly state that, doesn't mean it isn't the case (after all it wouldn't make sense that the 5 days I currently have would expire within 14 days of first use but an add-on day would not).

I'm thinking of upgrading to the DVC Gold AP. It would be $1178 for both of us, minus the $790 we already paid for 5 days. That's $388 but includes PhotoPass, which saves me $169 I was going to spend anyway for this trip. So overall it's $219 more than I'm already spending for the August trip but DH and I could go to a park on Saturday and one on Sunday in September (and technically I could go during the day while he's working). One day at Epcot on those dates is $288 for both of us. If this is possible, it seems like the way to go is to upgrade to the DVC gold AP.

1. we are DVC members so can't we just upgrade to an annual pass from our 5 day tickets?
2. I'm not sure we save any money that way.

1. Yes.
2. It will be less expensive than buying multiple individual tickets over the course of multiple trips within the same year.

I'm thinking of upgrading to the DVC Gold AP. It would be $1178 for both of us, minus the $790 we already paid for 5 days. That's $388 but includes PhotoPass, which saves me $169 I was going to spend anyway for this trip. So overall it's $219 more than I'm already spending for the August trip but DH and I could go to a park on Saturday and one on Sunday in September (and technically I could go during the day while he's working). One day at Epcot on those dates is $288 for both of us.
3. If this is possible, it seems like the way to go is to upgrade to the DVC gold AP.

3. Yup.

That's what I thought. So my only question then is if I want to add two days to 6 day base tickets that were purchased through UT will I have to take into account the taxes that we saved originally on the bridged pricing?

That's what I thought. So my only question then is if I want to add two days to 6 day base tickets that were purchased through UT will I have to take into account the taxes that we saved originally on the bridged pricing?

How to compute the exact cost to upgrade tickets is covered HERE.

In that, I suggest to do the math with tax INCLUDED on both the original ticket
and the upgraded ticket.
That will give you the correct amount, including tax, on the upgrade.

I have read the beginning posts, and I have an idea, but I want to make sure that I am understanding this correctly. First, here is our currently planned, plus potentially proposed upcoming trips within the year. This is an exceptional time period, so I honestly have absolutely no reason to believe that we would be renewing any sort of AP scenario after 2019. We will be on this little flurry 2018-2019, and then returning to WDW again in 2021 - at least that's the plan:

Nov.22-Dec. 2, 2018 - Me, DW, DS14, DS9, DS6 to WDW with 7-day PH tickets

June 23-27, 2019 - DLR/Anaheim - Me, DW, DS14, DS10, DS6

Potential April 2019 Orlando hockey trip for DW and DS10 for about 2-3 days

Potential BB offer trip to WDW in Sept/Oct 2019 for DW and DS10 for about 2-3 days

So, there are options here for a regular WDW AP or for the dual-park DPP. Also, there are 5 of us in our family, but only 2 trips will involve all 5 of us. the 2 potential trips would involve (most likely) only 2, albeit the same 2. If I understand correctly, for both a BB offer and an AP upgrade, I would need to make sure that they are reserved/completed prior to the last day of our entitlement-usage (we would be using our last park day as Dec. 1, 2018 and checking out on Dec. 2, so I assume that I would need to do it on Dec. 1 at the latest, and then whichever pass gotten would be valid until Nov. 22, 2019).

1) Since we are making only one trip to DLR, and since that is the more expensive portion of the DPP, would that make the math a net loss? - in other words, should we just look at a standard WDW AP and get our DLR tickets separately?

2) Either way, should we technically have the AP's done in the names of DW and DS9/10, since they would be using the AP's more frequently? or does that not matter?

3) If we indeed want to purchase either 2 AP's or 2 DPP's, can we apply the entire PH MYW ticket cost from our Nov. 2018 trip from all 5 of us, or can we only apply the costs of 2 of them? (I'm sure that question sounded sneaky, but I just want to make sure that I don't assume anything incorrectly, which one way or another would have a major impact on the positive or negative costs involved.)

Thank you!

2) Either way, should we technically have the AP's done in the names of DW and DS9/10, since they would be using the AP's more frequently? or does that not matter?

Thank you!

As a follow-up. I suppose, since things are done electronically, can we transfer them to others within our immediate family through MDX? In other words, if we go with the standard AP for DW and DS9/10, can I (perhaps) transfer the AP from DS9/10, to me if we decide on a really quick spontaneous trip or from DW to me if I need to take him on his hockey trip to Orlando instead of her, and then transfer it back again later for the next trip?
I hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

I have read the beginning posts, and I have an idea, but I want to make sure that I am understanding this correctly. First, here is our currently planned, plus potentially proposed upcoming trips within the year. This is an exceptional time period, so I honestly have absolutely no reason to believe that we would be renewing any sort of AP scenario after 2019. We will be on this little flurry 2018-2019, and then returning to WDW again in 2021 - at least that's the plan:

Nov.22-Dec. 2, 2018 - Me, DW, DS14, DS9, DS6 to WDW with 7-day PH tickets

June 23-27, 2019 - DLR/Anaheim - Me, DW, DS14, DS10, DS6

Potential April 2019 Orlando hockey trip for DW and DS10 for about 2-3 days

Potential BB offer trip to WDW in Sept/Oct 2019 for DW and DS10 for about 2-3 days

So, there are options here for a regular WDW AP or for the dual-park DPP. Also, there are 5 of us in our family, but only 2 trips will involve all 5 of us. the 2 potential trips would involve (most likely) only 2, albeit the same 2.
A. If I understand correctly, for both a BB offer and an AP upgrade, I would need to make sure that they are reserved/completed prior to the last day of our entitlement-usage
B. (we would be using our last park day as Dec. 1, 2018 and checking out on Dec. 2, so I assume that I would need to do it on Dec. 1 at the latest,
C. and then whichever pass gotten would be valid until Nov. 22, 2019).

1) Since we are making only one trip to DLR, and since that is the more expensive portion of the DPP, would that make the math a net loss? - in other words, should we just look at a standard WDW AP and get our DLR tickets separately?

3) If we indeed want to purchase either 2 AP's or 2 DPP's, can we apply the entire PH MYW ticket cost from our Nov. 2018 trip from all 5 of us, or can we only apply the costs of 2 of them?

A. I don't know about how Bounce-Back offers work.
We have just had offers made to us at a number of months AFTER our trip with special resort rates.
We didn't arrange for anything during our previous trip.
(But, "resort deals" are not my area of knowledge.)
As far as upgrading tickets: You can upgrade no later than close-of-business ON the day that
you are using the last entitlement on that ticket.
B. Then, you can upgrade no later than close-of-business on Dec. 1, 2018.
Resort check-out date has no bearing on tickets, ticket usage, or ticket modification.
C. Since any upgrade would be back-dated to the date that you first used the original ticket,
if you, in-fact USED your original tickets on Nov. 22, 2018,
then any AP upgrade would be valid through the end of the day on Nov. 22, 2019.

1) Sorry, but you need to do the math concerning that.
Any savings or loss should be easy to assess. (Big numbers, all around.)

2) A purchased (but, as yet unused) ticket or AP can be transferred to another guest.
Once a purchased ticket or AP has started to be USED, it cannot be transferred to another guest.
An AP that has been upgraded from an active regular ticket cannot be transferred to anyone other than the original user of that original ticket.

3) Upgrades cannot combine the value of more than one ticket per upgrade.
Upgrades are one-for-one.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter