So in all the years I have gone to Disney for Free dining I don't get why no one mentioned this solution to trying to avoid the waterparks and/or park hopper that they now require for free dining? Not complaining, just surprised. Also don't want to break the rules of the disboards by circumventing disney rules if that is the case.
Oftentimes it isn't something people are interested in because you can't book fastpasses for more days than you have tickets for. So, if you have 2 day tickets, you can only book 2 days of fastpasses until you are onsite and upgrade the tickets.

Just want to verify that I'm understanding correctly: I plan to go to WDW in 3/2018 and 2/2019. I plan to purchase an annual pass for these 2 trips. If ticket prices go up in February 2018, I'd like to purchase my annual pass voucher online prior to the price increase. I could then activate the voucher when I went in March 2018 and pass would be good until March 2019, so my February 2019 trip would fall in this period. This should work, right?

Just want to verify that I'm understanding correctly: I plan to go to WDW in 3/2018 and 2/2019. I plan to purchase an annual pass for these 2 trips. If ticket prices go up in February 2018,

1. I'd like to purchase my annual pass voucher online prior to the price increase.
2. I could then activate the voucher when I went in March 2018 and pass would be good until March 2019, so my February 2019 trip would fall in this period.
3. This should work, right?
1. You can do that anytime, starting right now, if you'd like.
2. Yes.
3. That's how it works.
Have fun!

I have several different tickets bought years ago. 5 day MYW, 6 day MYW with park hopper and 7 day MYW. My questions is this: which ticket is better to save for a future trip in the next couple years that I would want to bridge to an AP with? Should I save the most expensive ticket (6 day PH?) or does it not really matter. I have a trip in November that is for 7 days and I will use some of these tickets for that trip. I either use the 7 day tickets and add PH or use the 5 or 6 days and have to add both PH and or extra days to the other tickets. I am just trying to wrap my ahead around which tickets I should use first.

I'm considering a Florida Resident Silver Annual Pass to use on a trip for May 2018, staying at BWV. If I buy it ahead of time, but don't physically activate it in a park until May 2018, I can use it to make FPs 60 days ahead of my trip...right?
Is the expiration date May 2019 if I activate it in May 2018? The expiration date isn't tied to making FP is it?

I'm considering a Florida Resident Silver Annual Pass to use on a trip for May 2018, staying at BWV.
1. If I buy it ahead of time, but don't physically activate it in a park until May 2018, I can use it to make FPs 60 days ahead of my trip...right?
2. Is the expiration date May 2019 if I activate it in May 2018?
3. The expiration date isn't tied to making FP is it?
1. Right..
2. Yes.
3. No. (To my knowledge, that's the first time anyone has ever asked that question.)
APs cannot be activated except in-person at WDW.

My Union is offering 7 day Hopper for $451.

Is it possible to add the water park option to this when we get to WDW?

I searched but didn't see this question in the thread yet. If I am repeating a question I'm sorry about that.

My Union is offering 7 day Hopper for $451.

Is it possible to add the water park option to this when we get to WDW?

I searched but didn't see this question in the thread yet. If I am repeating a question I'm sorry about that.
Without knowing how the Union obtained the tickets, I can't say. I will say that it's likely you can add the option, but I don't know how much WDW should charge for it

I booked my free dining package on April 24 6 day tickets with the hopper option. We check Nov. 25 if I go to guest relation on the 25 and upgrade to AP's will I get to keep my free dining?

Yes I will, we aren't going until August so, like you, I'm hoping to hear from someone that was successful in doing this before we go. Having my good deal go to waste will be hard to swallow on day 1 of my vacation. I'm trying to start early so I can talk myself out of being mad if that's the way it turns out.

Any luck with the tickets?

Any luck with the tickets?
Nope . Paid a little over $200 per ticket to add park hopper to our 5 day Canadian tickets. That was the difference between my sale price and the regular ticket, plus the park hopper fee. Not impressed at all, but totally what people have been saying so I wasn't shocked. The CM at Disney springs was awesome, very apologetic, tried a bunch of ways to get the price down but the system wasn't budging. He did say it was cheaper to do at DS than at a park because at the park they charge the $20 (I think) fee on top of each ticket. So that was a little bit of savings I guess.

He did say it was cheaper to do at DS than at a park because at the park they charge the $20 (I think) fee on top of each ticket. So that was a little bit of savings I guess.

True in theory, but the CMs at the parks also supposed to compensate for that extra "gate charge" during an upgrade transaction, so guests should not actually have to pay it.

Last edited:
Nope . Paid a little over $200 per ticket to add park hopper to our 5 day Canadian tickets. That was the difference between my sale price and the regular ticket, plus the park hopper fee. Not impressed at all, but totally what people have been saying so I wasn't shocked. The CM at Disney springs was awesome, very apologetic, tried a bunch of ways to get the price down but the system wasn't budging. He did say it was cheaper to do at DS than at a park because at the park they charge the $20 (I think) fee on top of each ticket. So that was a little bit of savings I guess.

Not what I wanted to hear but thank you so much for responding. At least we can plan to have no hoppers! It will definitely lessen the amount of time we spend in the parks and we won't go to DHS at all but that is fine.

Last edited:
Ok I have a it of a 'left field' question here..... I have a MDE acct- over the years I've added to/deleted names..... at one point the acct was such a mess that I took one of the current names,and gave it a new (fake) profile name etc just to give a family member a fresh start and a clear page to work from(this was at least 2-3 years ago. No problems so far....fast forward to now. My ds (who I 'swapped) has been in MDE as his actual self,and purchased/used park tix since I made that change. He also has a MB attached to his 'real' name on MDE,using a nickname. Under his "old" MDE person,he also had a magicband attached to it- on the MB, it has his real name as an identifier.....SO.......I just purchased a one day ticket for him to use in a few months,and for some reason, under 'reservations and tickets' I see the ticket is in his (real) name,as I input at time of purchase. But, when I look up Magicbands and cards, it shows the new one day ticket under the "old fake" person that I neglected to delete off the acct.(just forgot about it) What am I missing here, is it just a glitch? DO I need to call in to straighten this out? I'm fearful of making a mess of the accts by calling in with a CM who doesn't know how to keep things straight. Please advise on best course of action- When I click on 'reassign ticket' it shows as being under the proper name, but under cards, it only shows his 'real' MB ,no ticket, that's listed under the 'fake' kid. So what is happening here? thanks for advice. (I tend to overcomplicate things,and MDE technology tends to hate me anyway) FWIW I won't be calling now, I know they're swamped with hurricane issues etc at this time....

And in attempting to remove a couple of people from an old trip off my list, I keep getting the message"can't remove bc of active admission' which is not the case at all for them (this was from a trip 3 years back)

Ok I have a it of a 'left field' question here..... I have a MDE acct- over the years I've added to/deleted names..... at one point the acct was such a mess that I took one of the current names,and gave it a new (fake) profile name etc just to give a family member a fresh start and a clear page to work from(this was at least 2-3 years ago. No problems so far....fast forward to now. My ds (who I 'swapped) has been in MDE as his actual self,and purchased/used park tix since I made that change. He also has a MB attached to his 'real' name on MDE,using a nickname. Under his "old" MDE person,he also had a magicband attached to it- on the MB, it has his real name as an identifier.....SO.......I just purchased a one day ticket for him to use in a few months,and for some reason, under 'reservations and tickets' I see the ticket is in his (real) name,as I input at time of purchase. But, when I look up Magicbands and cards, it shows the new one day ticket under the "old fake" person that I neglected to delete off the acct.(just forgot about it) What am I missing here,

1. is it just a glitch?
2. DO I need to call in to straighten this out? I'm fearful of making a mess of the accts by calling in with a CM who doesn't know how to keep things straight. Please advise on best course of action- When I click on 'reassign ticket' it shows as being under the proper name, but under cards, it only shows his 'real' MB ,no ticket, that's listed under the 'fake' kid. So what is happening here? thanks for advice. (I tend to overcomplicate things,and MDE technology tends to hate me anyway) FWIW I won't be calling now, I know they're swamped with hurricane issues etc at this time....
1. Could be.
2. Just let things sit for awhile.

And in attempting to remove a couple of people from an old trip off my list, I keep getting the message"can't remove bc of active admission' which is not the case at all for them (this was from a trip 3 years back)
Just let things sit for awhile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter