Ticket Price Increases?

Not sure about DisneyLand, but Disneyworld tickets have changed this week. I priced out tickets on Feb 8th for an April trip, and today its about $13 more per person for a 6 day ticket. 6 Day 4/21/22-4/29/22, last week $520.17 per adult, now $533.86 per adult. And child went from $500.55 to $513.94

Me on one hand.... price increases suck.
Me on the other hand... Disney is less than a month away from chapter 11 at any point in time.... Please stay open... even if it means price increases.

Disney is nowhere near insolvencylol, this aint the 90s
ORLY? The 20 BILLION (not the 11B I originally quoted) they took on as long term debt to weather COVID is costing them dearly in interest as they are paying the bare minimum. The creditors could call their loans at any point in time.

ORLY? The 20 BILLION (not the 11B I originally quoted) they took on as long term debt to weather COVID is costing them dearly in interest as they are paying the bare minimum. The creditors could call their loans at any point in time.
ah you're the dude also spreading this FUD on the other board...I recognize this quote above from earlier today

ah you're the dude also spreading this FUD on the other board...I recognize this quote above from earlier today
Nope, my UID is the same on both. I was incorrect in that I thought it was only 11B they took on a long term LOC. I was corrected that it was 20B.

Me on one hand.... price increases suck.
Me on the other hand... Disney is less than a month away from chapter 11 at any point in time.... Please stay open... even if it means price increases.

While Disney does have a lot of debt that relies on current revenue to pay off, they wouldn't need to go to Chapter 11 any time soon. If their revenue suddenly took a huge hit which is definitely possible with another round of COVID closures, they could sell off something. I'm sure Paramount or Sony or somebody would be willing to buy the rights to something in that massive content library. Disney would take a hit to their stock price but they could also raise money by selling stock. There's a lot of wiggle room between not having enough cash on hand to pay debts and being bankrupt.

While Disney does have a lot of debt that relies on current revenue to pay off, they wouldn't need to go to Chapter 11 any time soon. If their revenue suddenly took a huge hit which is definitely possible with another round of COVID closures, they could sell off something. I'm sure Paramount or Sony or somebody would be willing to buy the rights to something in that massive content library. Disney would take a hit to their stock price but they could also raise money by selling stock. There's a lot of wiggle room between not having enough cash on hand to pay debts and being bankrupt.
They are asset rich and cash poor. PERIOD. Any hit to financials these days WILL require a sell-off of said assets. Exactly why in my personal life I remain highly liquid and not beholden to assets which I cannot leverage in short periods of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter