Ticket Price Increases for Disneyland Announced

Ok my puchase timed out as I was filling in everyones AP info. Maybe that's a good thing after reading the last couple pages here. I had put in for 5 Ap's I didn't notice gift voucher option... What is the difference I don't get it.

5 of us are going at the same time... there is a 6th that needs one too but won't be on the first trip and also I (cc holder) won't be with when he goes. Does this matter? These will be all deluxe AP's

Thank you Mary! So if I buy a new pass tomorrow and get a voucher, will it will be good until next May...or a year from when I activate it?

I've been told by several different CMs that the voucher locks in the price for one year from date of purchase. You can activate it anytime within that year and your pass will be valid for a year from the date of activation.

However, just to confuse things: someone just told me the price is no longer locked for a year, but only until the end of 2012. Ugh, as usual, can't get a straight answer from Disney!

In either case, once that period is up, the voucher is still valued at whatever you paid, but you'd have to pay the price difference at time of activation.

Personally I don't think I'd bother buying a voucher unless I knew for sure I was going in the next few months.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Mary, you're a busy little Mouseketter tonight! Thank you so much for all your time and info!!! I just bought a Deluxe voucher for my trip in Sept. Worst case senario...I'll have to pay the difference if it doesn't work, but it sounds like it should. Now I can sleep tonight!:)

Vouchers only lock the price for one year from date of purchase. After that they can charge you the difference between the voucher cost and the current price.

I was partially incorrect in my answer above, by the way. They now sell a regular pass online as well as a voucher. So you do need to pick the "gift voucher" option.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Hi

Sorry but I don't understand? If we purchase APs online tonight and don't activate them until September, we HAVE to buy gift vouchers? Why?

Appreciate the help...just trying to make sure we do it right! Thank you!

So the 6 day park hoppers won't change? They're not on the list. Think I'd best be ordering my tickets for Sept Now!!

I wouldn't count on them not going up, just because they aren't listed. :)

Well, I guess I better just go ahead and buy my tickets for November. We are getting the CityPass and doing SeaWorld and Universal as well with a 3-day PH for DL... but even that small ticket is going up aminimum of $150 for my family of 4.... I was always relieved with DL prices compared to WDW, but now a basic 3-day costs $1000 for the 4 of us? Ouch!!

This makes me so glad that I bought my Premium AP a couple of months before I planned to activate it. Not sure if I'm going to renew next year at that price.

Sorry but I don't understand? If we purchase APs online tonight and don't activate them until September, we HAVE to buy gift vouchers? Why?

Appreciate the help...just trying to make sure we do it right! Thank you!

I don't fully understand the new online AP offerings. My concern is that the regular annual passes they are now selling online may be pre-activated, meaning they expire a year from when you BUY them.

I haven't bought an annual pass myself using the new online system. Maybe someone here has done it recently and can tell us how it worked when they used the pass for the first time.

In any case it can't hurt to buy the gift vouchers, and I think that's safer because the value of the gift vouchers should be good for some time (probably a year based on what I've been told) -- meaning they can be activated on arrival at DL without incurring an upcharge.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I think I understand this correctly. My AP expires in August. If I buy a voucher tonight I can lock in the price (with it being good until the end of the year or maybe to a year) and get an new AP in August (or whenever I can make it back) good for year from the date I activate it?

I am so glad I saw your post, due to horrible traffic my daughter decided to stop at DL tonight for a couple of hours for a break. I was going to update her AP to a Premier for her graduation next weekend as we are headed to WDW next month, but as she is there right now I'm guessing it would be best for her to do it tonight.

I think I understand this correctly. My AP expires in August. If I buy a voucher tonight I can lock in the price (with it being good until the end of the year or maybe to a year) and get an new AP in August (or whenever I can make it back) good for year from the date I activate it?

Yes. I've done this myself several times to avoid price increases.

There are two questions unanswered right now because DL has recently changed its online AP system:

1. Are the regular APs sold online "pre-activated" (and thus expire a year from the date of purchase), or are they activated when you take them to the park? I don't know for sure, and for that reason I recommend buying the "gift voucher" option just to be safe. Then take the voucher to DL and exchange it for a new AP whenever you are ready to start using your new AP.

2. Most sources are telling me the AP vouchers can be exchanged for a year without paying an upcharge. One source says the upcharge applies after the end of the calendar year.

Both are fairly minor issues. If I had an AP expiring in August and definitely wanted to "renew" it, I would buy a "gift voucher" for a new pass now, before the price goes up. Losing the renewal discount is nothing compared with these AP price increases!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Just got a mouse savers update:

Disneyland (California) Ticket Prices WILL Go Up on SUNDAY!

As I've been predicting, Disneyland ticket prices are going up! Disney has announced that all Disneyland tickets, including Annual Passports, will go up this Sunday, May 20.

If you'd like to avoid the price increase, bear in mind that regular Disneyland (California) tickets currently being sold are valid for first use by December 31, 2012. If you're traveling before that time, you can get discounted prices on your tickets from ARES Travel. For details, click here.

Annual Pass prices usually go up on the same day as all the other tickets, so if you are within 30 days of your renewal date, I recommend renewing early if necessary, before prices go up.*If you were planning to buy an Annual Pass for a future trip, you may want to buy a voucher soon, to avoid the price increase. (Annual Pass vouchers can be redeemed for up to 12 months.*For more about vouchers, click here.) The only discounts on regular (non Southern California Resident) Disneyland Annual Passes are for members of Automobile Club of Southern California and Disney Vacation Club members (for a new Annual Pass only, not renewals).

Anyone know how much delux ap's will go up?

A 3 day park hopper now costs what my deluxe AP cost 4 years ago. My family has really enjoyed th AP, but I believe we are now being priced out. Because I live 250 miles away I can't do the monthly payments (that doesn't make sense to me either).

I am so heart broken, I want to cry.

I hope they come through with a big DVC discount...but I am not holding my breath. :sad:

I have a friend who wants to book a Nov trip through AAA (yes I have already tried to explain the benefits of a la carte). It the belief that package prices WON'T be going up until the end of the year. Or she should by tickets today/tomorrow and figure out hotel later?

OMG - I'm freaking out a bit. OK, I have a package trip to WDW in Aug. I was planning to upgrade my tix to a Premier Passport while there because we want to do a DLR trip in March 2013. (Plus, we'll sneak in another trip to WDW sometime in the year).

From what I understand, I can only upgrade to Premier Passport in person - which means I'm stuck with whatever rate it is at that time - and given this huge increase, the Premier will likely go way up in price too.

On top of that, I cannot buy DLR tix before the price increase because they expire at the end of the year.

Help! Any suggestions?

DH and I decided when we were in DLR the first week of this month to make this "A year of Disney" and upgraded our 6 day hoppers to AP's.

He is doing the happy dance that I talked him into making that purchase.:cool1:

OMG - I'm freaking out a bit. OK, I have a package trip to WDW in Aug. I was planning to upgrade my tix to a Premier Passport while there because we want to do a DLR trip in March 2013. (Plus, we'll sneak in another trip to WDW sometime in the year).

From what I understand, I can only upgrade to Premier Passport in person - which means I'm stuck with whatever rate it is at that time - and given this huge increase, the Premier will likely go way up in price too.

On top of that, I cannot buy DLR tix before the price increase because they expire at the end of the year.

Help! Any suggestions?

I am not sure there is anything you can do. Earlier in the thread I believe it was said that the Premier would be $849, but double check me to be sure. That is still a pretty good price for both parks I think.

Forgive me, but the special $199, 3 day park hoppers are only good until May 28th, right? Or is that just the purchase deadline. TIA

:sad: I already bought 3 day park hoppers and paid for our hotel for our trip at the end of August. We were planning on upgrading to APs, with 5 nights in hotel and 4 days in park. Now that prices are going up we'll need more money than originally thought and idk what we're going to do. So stressful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter