Tianas Bayou Adventure - Disney Releases POV Ride Through

The good thing is all the hate is about to end or be forgotten because we have something new to hate on!!!! That pier at Lookout Cay!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
TRUTH! All the money people pay for DCL and now you make them walk the mile long plank .... that is absolutely a deal breaker for me. The private island beach day is a big deal for us and I'm not walking that far in the hot sun, 2 ways. We just got back from RCI's CocoCay which was AWESOME! on every level. This was our cabin view when we had docked. I think it was about a 2 minute walk after we left ship.

445234613_10160538698724102_5083789717270249428_n.jpg

TRUTH! All the money people pay for DCL and now you make them walk the mile long plank .... that is absolutely a deal breaker for me. The private island beach day is a big deal for us and I'm not walking that far in the hot sun, 2 ways. We just got back from RCI's CocoCay which was AWESOME! on every level. This was our cabin view when we had docked. I think it was about a 2 minute walk after we left ship.

View attachment 866621
I have a cruise August and no way I'm getting off and walking that lol

View attachment 866621
RCCLโ€™s Coco Cay is amazing!! My favourite island by far even though weโ€™ve been to Castaway Cay 4 times. Iโ€™ll take a visit to Coco cay any day.

I've seen this video shared around - it's somewhat basic but does frustratingly capture what could have been in several places, particularly how they fumbled the music....that intro to Almost There should have been used for sure., and as many have said, you feel the suspense in the lift hill much more here -

I know many kids have seen the film via various channels, but it's still a 15 year old movie that disappointed at the box office - you could have argued a form of re-telling made more sense here than with Mermaid, Snow White, Pinocchio, Alice, etc

I may put this on in my earbuds and enjoy it that way when I ride...and then ride again with my eyes closed and the Splash music on....

Last edited:
I miss Splash Mountain. I hate to be proven right, but I said from the get-go that the replacement would be inferior. Yes, the scenes look nice and the AAs are excellent, but Splash was so charming and delightful; Tiana's Salt Mine doesn't measure up. And can someone make heads or tails of the story? Is there a story?

I rode it in person yesterday and the POV Disney shared is REALLY bad. The ride does not look as bad as what Disney presented in their footage. I also wouldn't consider this ride to be bad/trash like people on social media are saying. However, I do think this is a slight downgrade from Splash overall and even in person Dr. Facilier's absence is a negative. The ride does have little to no story as I heard people around me getting off and loudly asking what was even happening.

The only thing my sister had to say was that the screens in the former Laughing Place look bad and tbh those look worse in person than in a video POV. The finale song is growing on me but I don't love it. Also fully aware this ride is in previews but the first Louis and second Tiana animatronics both had broken mouths that did not move.

The queue is an upgrade though; I liked the little room with the beignets and the cute nod to the Brers.

One of the common critiques I hear about TBA is that it isn't a dutiful replication/book report of The Princess & the Frog. While there is a place and time for that sort of thing, I'm glad Disney didn't do it here. I'll take a continuation over repeating something that's been on home video for 14 years.

Another criticism is the woulda-coulda-shoulda's. For example: The lead up to the drop should have been like this. They could've added more animatronics to that. I wish they would've incorporated Dr Facilier. And isn't that the pinnacle of entertainment, to get exactly what you expect, exactly when you expect it?

Then there are other criticisms about mountains in Louisiana, or caverns in the bayou. Or expressing doubt that a small business owner in the 1920's would hang a loudly colored banner outside of their business, rather that opting for a sign that blends nicely into the scenery.

The most interesting one for me is regarding the story as compared to Splash. Splash's story is that a bored rabbit leaves home, and is the victim of a slipshod kidnapping, before ultimately deciding that home isn't so bad. Not exactly profound storytelling.

I know many kids have seen the film via various channels, but it's still a 15 year old movie that disappointed at the box office
Maybe, but Disney makes sure Tiana is not forgotten. They push her in merchandise, but also in Mickeyโ€™s Friendship Fair. Prime spot in the parades, in WDW as the only POC princess and in DL with her own float. Restaurant/New Orleans area in DL. Restaurant & lounge on the Disney Wonder, themed rooms on the Disney Wish, she is usually a staple character on all ships.

There are plenty of disappointing box office movies in the Disney catalogue, but I do think Princess and the Frog is appreciated by many. It has memorable characters and songs. Tiana's character is different from other princesses, she is more serious. And the Disney Princess line up needs that. Some girls when playing princess and dress up are more serious, not everyone is a romantic 50s princess.

So I fully understand that Disney keeps her top of mind. And while I do think Disney could have done better with the refurb, I also think they made the right choice.

Last edited:
For those that complain that this is an old movie and few kids know it ............... yet they were happy with Splash Mountain, much older, that most haven't seen ... because Disney has it locked up. :confused3

Maybe, but Disney makes sure Tiana is not forgotten. They push her in merchandise, but also in Mickeyโ€™s Friendship Fair. Prime spot in the parades, in WDW as the only POC princess and in DL with her own float. Restaurant/New Orleans area in DL. Restaurant & lounge on the Disney Wonder, themed rooms on the Disney Wish, she is usually a staple character on all ships.

There are plenty of disappointing box office movies in the Disney catalogue, but I do think Princess and the Frog is appreciated by many. It has memorable characters and songs. Tiana's character is different from other princesses, she is more serious. And the Disney Princess line up needs that. Some girls when playing princess and dress up are more serious, not everyone is a romantic 50s princess.

So I fully understand that Disney keeps her top of mind.
And while I do think Disney could have done better with the refurb, I also think they made the right choice.
I agree. There are so many reasons why this was a good choice and I'm glad Disney chose this movie.

There are plenty of movies that Disney has made I could care less about seeing anything to do with them, but they are there .... I'm looking at you Stitch. You can't make everyone happy but the plus is if you don't like it ~ skip it. No reason to keep moaning and groaning. Too much to do for me to waste time in attractions I have no interest in.

I have been watching random reviews online in different places and most are very positive. They say the POV Disney released did not do it justice. While it might not be what they expected they think it is good and will be enjoyed, and they find themselves humming the music.

Last edited:
I
I agree. There are so many reasons why this was a good choice and I'm glad Disney chose this movie.

I also agree it was a good choice for a ride, especially if it were done as a new properly tailored attraction from the ground up. The issue is, unlike Splash, they misused the strong soundtrack and characters - instead opting for a Disney Jr episode vibe that ironically bores riders over 40 inches ...and videos like the above are a sad reminder of what could of been.

I think why Magic Kingdom and Disneyland decided to create a The Princess And The Frog ride was because Disney already has a project with Tiana in the works with the Tiana series debuting next year on Disney+ and with Tiana's Bayou Adventure opening soon at Magic Kingdom and at Disneyland later this year I think Disney has plans to make Tiana the star princess of the Disney Princess line. I also have seen Tiana's new outfit and I think they wanted to give her a new look that made her feel like she was in Louisiana or made her look like a Louisiana tour boat captain with a Southern feel to it. I also mainly think there will be a merchandise deal with Mattel and Disney Store once Tiana's Bayou Adventure opens and i'd be shocked to see more Tiana dolls made and plushies of the new characters in the ride because if there's one thing that makes a ride or a movie a hit for Disney it is merchandise. The song featured in the finale titled Special Spice is so wonderful and fits the ride well like a glove. I had the pleasure of hearing Special Spice on Apple Music and I was amazed at this jazzy song and the lyrics are very nice. But I agree that Disney should've done something better with Tiana instead. Because Tiana is my favorite Disney Princess she needs more merchandise and more promotion at Disney

I saw the ride-through video of Tiana's Bayou Adventure on Youtube this morning and from what I watched it appears they copied Pirates Of The Caribbean and made a The Princess And The Frog themed version of it because from the moment the first drop appears Tiana welcomes you into the ride and soon you'll understand what the storyline of Tiana's Bayou Adventure actually is and like Pirates Of The Caribbean did they added a second and third drop with Mama Odie telling you what's gonna happen next in the story. But it looks like based on what I learned from the video that the final drop is the same as the Splash Mountain drop but at the end of the ride when it's the final part you'll understand what the storyline is actually about when the new song Special Spice plays in the finale. The songs that are featured in Tiana's Bayou Adventure from what I saw are the Dr. John song Down In New Orleans Almost There Dig A Little Deeper and Gonna Take You There. So I think what Disney is planning to do with Tiana as well as The Princess And The Frog is make plans for The Princess And The Frog 2 to be in development soon. I also learned that Tiana's Bayou Adventure will officially open at Walt Disney World June 28th but no news on when the Disneyland version will open yet

I miss Splash Mountain. I hate to be proven right, but I said from the get-go that the replacement would be inferior. Yes, the scenes look nice and the AAs are excellent, but Splash was so charming and delightful; Tiana's Salt Mine doesn't measure up. And can someone make heads or tails of the story? Is there a story?

I felt the same way....until I rode it. I think TBA is great once you see it in person

I felt the same way....until I rode it. I think TBA is great once you see it in person
Honestly, I hope I'll like it myself. I would prefer an attraction I enjoy than an attraction that just reminds me how much I miss the previous version.
But again, what's the story of this ride? As far as I can tell, there is none.

Honestly, I hope I'll like it myself. I would prefer an attraction I enjoy than an attraction that just reminds me how much I miss the previous version.
But again, what's the story of this ride? As far as I can tell, there is none.
I think if you just look a tiny bit deeper into these threads and the information Disney has released about this ride youโ€™ll very quickly find thereโ€™s a story. Many people have already mentioned it here. But just so we canโ€™t stop saying that hereโ€™s what is written on the WDW website:

โ€˜Embark on a thrilling journey with Tiana and jazz-loving alligator Louis as they traverse winding waterways to find critter musicians who can jam out and entertain at Tianaโ€™s southern soiree.

This musical adventure crescendos with a 50-foot drop that leads you to the grandest celebration this side of the Mississippi during Mardi Gras season!โ€™

Or Wikipedia even has a nice little summary:

โ€˜The attraction is set a year after the events of The Princess and the Frog. To help her community, Tiana has created an employee-owned food cooperative called Tiana's Foods, built on a salt dome that she has purchased.On the day that guests visit, it is Carnival season and Tiana is hosting a celebration for the people of New Orleans. She realizes that due to a mix-up, her celebration is missing a band and needs the guests' help to find one, as they join her and Louis on a trip to the bayou to search for musical critters.โ€™

It may not be a particularly strong story but there is one. And more so, does Pirates have a storyline? Does Big Thunder? Or Space Mountain? I never found the story of Splash to be interesting or engaging. Tbh, I didnโ€™t even realize there was a story until people started getting upset about the retheme. Hopefully this will make your ride a bit better when you finally get on.

I think if you just look a tiny bit deeper into these threads and the information Disney has released about this ride youโ€™ll very quickly find thereโ€™s a story. Many people have already mentioned it here. But just so we canโ€™t stop saying that hereโ€™s what is written on the WDW website:

โ€˜Embark on a thrilling journey with Tiana and jazz-loving alligator Louis as they traverse winding waterways to find critter musicians who can jam out and entertain at Tianaโ€™s southern soiree.

This musical adventure crescendos with a 50-foot drop that leads you to the grandest celebration this side of the Mississippi during Mardi Gras season!โ€™

Or Wikipedia even has a nice little summary:

โ€˜The attraction is set a year after the events of The Princess and the Frog. To help her community, Tiana has created an employee-owned food cooperative called Tiana's Foods, built on a salt dome that she has purchased.On the day that guests visit, it is Carnival season and Tiana is hosting a celebration for the people of New Orleans. She realizes that due to a mix-up, her celebration is missing a band and needs the guests' help to find one, as they join her and Louis on a trip to the bayou to search for musical critters.โ€™

It may not be a particularly strong story but there is one. And more so, does Pirates have a storyline? Does Big Thunder? Or Space Mountain? I never found the story of Splash to be interesting or engaging. Tbh, I didnโ€™t even realize there was a story until people started getting upset about the retheme. Hopefully this will make your ride a bit better when you finally get on.
You shouldn't have to Google the attraction to find the story. It needs to be obvious to all who ride.

You shouldn't have to Google the attraction to find the story. It needs to be obvious to all who ride.
There are little posters and stuff in the queue explaining these details but when I rode I went through the queue so fast that I didn't even get to read them.

Does anyone know if the LL side has these posters, similar to Everest's LL queue? If not then those using Genie+ or DAS completely misses these plot details.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest