Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Last name- maiden and married are B names.

Books- we stopped by the library where DD17 volunteered for 2 years. It’s small, but it was a huge boost for her and I enjoyed browsing a few things in their collections. I even found the sequel book for a tv series I just binged.

Beatles- DD17 is obsessed. I’ve always liked them but I don’t know if I ever would have splurged on Ringo Starr tickets if it weren’t for her. Definitely amazing to see an actual Beatle perform live and in person.

Billy… my dad’s name. Even thought I’m mad at him right now 🤣 .. I’m so so lucky to have such a caring, supportive and generous dad.

My baby girl 🥰 she’s 5 but I still call her baby girl 🥰 she’s my absolute world and I’m so grateful for her every single day, after thinking I might never be a parent (ivf baby)

Beach.. I feel like everyone has said this but isn’t that testament to the calming and therapeutic effect of the sea air and sounds 😍

Bed… I stay up wayyy too late every night but once I’m in it I absolutely love my bed 🤣

3 times you've been grateful for a little bit of good luck!
1. I've won a couple of library contests
2. Lucky guesses on Wordle
3. Lucky spins on the "wheels" that give prizes on a virtual pets site I frequent

3 things you're grateful for beginning with B
1. Babies. Just... babies. lol
2. Books
3. Bibles

Good Saturday Morning! :wave:

#1 - My DD25 has an amazing singing voice - I’m grateful for the videos I have of her performing and singing. Sadly, she decided awhile ago to stop her lessons and not sing for others anymore. It’s a shame, because she truly has a gift.

#2 - Musicals - I love so many of them. I especially love Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals (live theater), with Phantom of the Opera being my favorite, and for movies, The Greatest Showman is my favorite.

#3 - Another vote for Movie Scores - I have a playlist of just movie theme songs - John Williams will always be my favorite.

1. Apple Music—all the music I want on my phone with the ability to make playlists.
2. AirPods—able to listen without disturbing others
3. Our school district is known for their music programs particularly the high school. My kids ended up not being very musical and not interested, but they had the opportunity to try an instrument(s) when they were in elementary school/middle school to see if it was for them. All my girls played for a couple of years before deciding to focus on other things.

Singing in the car- especially on a sunny afternoon, when I can open the windows, crank the music, and cruise the highway!

Music pieces from specific productions in which my daughter danced. There are certain pieces that transport me to a specific time/place, with specific people. Definitely music can take me to a moment/memory in time.

I have a very, very old recording (think early 1950s, on vinyl) of my father and my aunt singing for a church production. Some of the music is hymns, some are more classical pieces. Unfortunately we no longer have anything on which to play records, but I remember hearing this recording from my childhood.

National Anthem- While I’ve always loved to sing it and had a real tear jerker of a performance after 9/11, last night…I was reminded of how it brings us all together just before a sporting event where we’re divided…and tonight, I’ll get to hear DD17 sing it to lead off her high school graduation ceremony.

Christmas music- I allow myself a full 2 months of it each year…well, as far as my playlist is concerned. It’s always such an uplifting treat. It also gives me a good smile if it accidentally makes its way into my music library shuffling. I turn it off because it’s not time, but it’s still a little smile.

Disney music- It can bring the same kind of joy as holiday music, but I can listen to it year round.

I also often enjoy movie music.

Traditional Christmas carols are my favorite. I also prefer quiet, more traditional worship music. Definitely I am so grateful to God that He gave me experience in church choir and put music in my heart I pray as an extra way I can pray and give thanks.

Dad as I have shared before is very classical music knowledgeable. He does get some related magazines, too.

Children singing can be a most joyful noise indeed.

Music has been such a huge part of my life, it permeates everything, I don’t even know how to choose 3!

My dad was best friends with a member of the NY Philharmonic and I was so fortunate to be able to attend numerous dress rehearsals (for free, we couldn’t afford to go to concerts)

My music teachers in elementary school loved me and it helped so much to counterbalance the overly critical parents I had at home. I was a natural harmonizer and still prefer to sing an instrumental line or harmony instead of the melody.

My DH was carrying a guitar when I met him on the train and our music conversation (especially about classical music) combined with our love of baseball made it pretty clear that we would see each other again. :)

Honorable mention: all Disney music, but especially background music. I listen to the WL loop a few times a week and that has a lot of movie music in it. My personal favorites: Big Country , Magnificent Seven, Field of Dreams, and all the Copland pieces.
Honorable mention 2: my Spotify list of Favorites. I walk to this all the time and love how every song can transport me to a memory in an instant.

Having a phonograph when I grew up, there was something magical about the imperfections like knowing the timing of a skip.

Concerts in the 80s and 90s, so grateful I was able to be part of those memories. Like I was at the big Bon Jovi concert at the Meadowlands in New Jersey mentioned on his recent documentary, Thank You, Goodnight: The Bon Jovi Story - it was amazing.

Silly but participating in school music shows when I was a kid, I can't sing so it was cool they gave me a mike and boy did I sing my little heart out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter