Three Things...Gratitude Thread

1. I found a dress I like for an upcoming family wedding. I usually dislike shopping for fancier clothing and it was one of the first dresses I tried.
2. Even luckier, I found shoes that look nice that I think I can wear to the wedding—I am usually needing athletic shoes with inserts or sandals made for bad feet. This is silly, but a little bit of a big deal for me. Hopefully my luck extends so that I don’t fall, can walk gracefully and don’t hurt too much.
3. The forecast looks good for the long weekend so I am hoping we can get a whole bunch of outside projects done—cleaning, planting and setting up the outside for summer.

Oh definitely the luck is coming from God!!! It’s just not out there floating around to be found 🤣🤣🤣 as if !! Karma too is God’s work if you ask me ! It’s God teaching lessons !!! Lots don’t listen 🤷‍♀️🤣🤣

Thankful for a bit of luck!
I will never forget my dad’s face and happiness one day that we were buying new fridge and washing mashing for their house, and at the cashier we won a lucky 50% discount.. the store had a promotion that every 1000 shoppers or so got that discount so they did celebrate it with whistlers and loud music..

Beyond the discount, my dad”s eyes and smile was as we have won billions… totally priceless!!

Rolling Stones Tickets - It was this convoluted process where anyone wanting assigned floor seats needed to line up for wrist bands. Each wristband was numbered and given out at random. The friend getting our wristbands made it into the first group of 150, but was two or three places from the back of the line. She wound up getting wristband #2. Each wristband gave you up to six tickets. So, we ended up seeing the Stones front row center. It was definitely the most incredible concert experience of my life.

The Almost Accident - We're still reeling from last week's storm damage. We found out that DH's 1-year old truck is totaled and got the estimate for mine. The camera footage showing DD17 and I in the driveway just before reminded me of another lucky miss this past summer. We were on our way to get a prescription filled when some kid decided to pretend like he was in The Fast and The Furious. I'll spare you all of the details but his car flipped and spun in the air like a movie scene. I managed to slam on my brakes to avoid his vehicle from falling on top of us. He landed about a car length from where I stopped. I even managed to avoid being hit by his bumper and one of his tires that went flying after impact.

Our House - Long story...but we initially didn't get to see it because it shifted to "sale pending" just before we did all of our in person tours. After a slow play and rejected offer on something else we loved, and temporarily settling on something else we liked, I decided to take a look at what was still out there or newly listed. I guess the woman's funding on this home fell through and it was back on the market...for about $40k less! The buyer that fell through also just had it inspected, so we were able to use hers and didn't have to pay for that as well.

The greatest “lucky” experience of my life was conceiving my DD. After 2 years of trying, she was my one and only pregnancy in my life. A gift beyond measure, especially now having a granddaughter.

When my DD was first driving, she hydroplaned on a rainy night and my lucky Subaru stopped within inches of an electrical power box. That car is still running and my DH and I can’t bear to part with it. (It’s a 2004)

I feel lucky every time I am able to get a 2 BR villa at Disney or a difficult ADR. :)

I feel lucky that I had wonderful grandparents. When I became an adult, I realized that not everyone has that experience. I miss them and think of them often. Whenever I need to go to my "happy place" it actually isn't Disney, it's their back porch: listening to the Pirates game, listening to the cicadas and eating sherbet.

I got ran over by a truck when I was in high school and I am lucky to have survived that. Also, my son was in a terrible wreck. I am lucky he lived and it's lucky that no one else was in the car with him, because they would not have made it. Both of those things probably aren't luck but God or my angels.

I'm lucky I have been able to visit Disney as much as I have and to have done as much traveling as I have.

Bread... so many styles, textures, flavors. I'll throw the ability to Bake Bread in here, too!

My last name starts with a "B" so I'll say I'm grateful for my "B" cousins. They don't all have last names starting with B, but one of their parents did. We are the "B" cousins, made from good Beef stock (there's a joke in here that I won't get into, but the phrase has become family legend...)!

Beach. I am NOT a beach person, but I love walking on the beach. We rent a cottage just off the ocean in York Beach, ME, every summer. Each morning, DH and I walk the beach with our coffee mugs, and in the evenings we walk the beach with something more "interesting" in those coffee mugs. I love being able to do this (summered every year in York, at my grandfather's cottage which became my mom's house) and being able to smell the ocean, hear the waves, see the sky, and look towards Europe fills my soul with peace.

Good Friday Morning :wave:

#1 - Bananas - We eat a lot of bananas here. It’s my favorite quick thing to eat when I’m hungry between meals, and they are wonderfully portable, so they go with me a lot.

#2 - Bowls - I couldn’t have my milk & cereal without them

#3 - Blanket - I have to be under a blanket/throw when watching TV. It could be 90 degrees in the house and I still have to be under some form of a blanket - weird, I know - LOL!

Yay B's :) so many I am grateful for.

A Holy Baby born in Bethlehem. My faith.

Breathing. Every breath to me is such a blessing.

Dad's first name starts with a B. God has sure blessed me with him! Billy the teddy bear I mentioned recently along with Benjy, my stuffed animal dog from childhood.

Breakfast, Blankets, and for dad Boys in Blue (Dodgers), and red, white, and blue, my country.

BBBBB

BBC Radio and TV. ...The BBC hasn't always made the best decisions in the interests of license-payers/viewers, but, overall, I am glad we've had them over the years. I'm especially grateful for the radio stations: BBC Radio1 and Radio2 have been part of my life, almost as long as I can remember. 📻 📺

Boats ...I can't quite explain why, but I find boats so relaxing. Not the huge cruise ships, but most others. :boat:

Baking ..I only bake once or twice a month, but I enjoy the process (with some music on) and the results!!! 🍪

Bird calls ...I love the tranquility of sitting outside, the sun shining and the wild birds singing/cooing.

...I love walking on the beach. We rent a cottage just off the ocean in York Beach, ME, every summer. Each morning, DH and I walk the beach with our coffee mugs, and in the evenings we walk the beach with something more "interesting" in those coffee mugs. I love being able to do this (summered every year in York, at my grandfather's cottage which became my mom's house) and being able to smell the ocean, hear the waves, see the sky, and look towards Europe fills my soul with peace.
That sounds heavenly.

Beatles: I can’t imagine (haha) what my life would have been like without them. Always grateful that I grew up during Beatlemania and for all the music from that time.

Baseball: I was coming home from a baseball game when I met my DH on a train. We discovered that we had so much in common, although we rooted for different teams. :)

Balconies at WDW resorts: So relaxing and an important part of our vacation. One of my best memories from our last trip is hearing our 3 year-old DGD call, “hey, giraffe!”, from our balcony. She was not the only kid doing it either. :)

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter