Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Well, today I got a real test of what comforts me. Currently at WDW and in between resorts on a split stay. Got call from home that a former co-worker died. Not unexpected but taking it hard, nonetheless. What I really want to do is bawl in private but that's not an option. When I told DS, she mentioned the comforts I listed earlier. Turns out, even with all I listed, I missed a few critical ones:

the sound of DH's voice and

empathy of someone who really *gets* me (like my DS)

Hugs L.K. Glad you have family with you right now. Having recently been dealing with loss myself, I know we need the comfortable with us. I totally agree with your list, and have been living it myself.

For my three comfortable things that I am grateful for:
1) My bed, and everything associated with it, especially my down comforter. Just something about being cuddled on my bed and having the weight of this blanket on me makes me feel safe and happy.
2) My wonderful husband. I know I have said him before for things, but he makes me comfortable just by accepting and loving me. I love to just be with him, and especially snuggling him in our comfy bed! 🥰
3)My home. I love that we have made our home comfortable for us, and hopefully anyone who visits us. I love beautiful homes, but ours is really lived in and not always clean. While I would love a housekeeper to keep it clean, it is just not, and it has been designed for comfort for my family.

Happy VERY rainy Thursday by me :wave:

#1 - I’m grateful for my current job. After 25 years of custom picture framing to running a doctors office and learning how to deal with insurance was way way way way beyond my comfort zone.

#2 - I’m grateful for my little second job on Thursdays. When my DD19 is away at school I work at her job to help her boss, and then when she’s home, she goes to work and I stay home. I was reluctant to do this, because Thursdays is my day off from the doctors office (office is closed). I really enjoyed my day off, so to come out of my comfort zone to now work 2:30pm-9:30pm was kinda hard (I did a lot on Thursdays), but I’m glad I did, because I’ve been really enjoying it.

#3 - I’m grateful for having our daughters. Life was a blast in our younger 20s - we had so much fun. When we decided to start a family, it was definitely coming out of my comfort zone, but once I saw that sweet little face for the first time, I immediately got a new comfort zone when I became DD24s mommy. Then 5 years later when we decided to have another child the same thing happened. There has been no greater joy for me, than being a mommy to my beautiful girls and I would never go back to life before them.

The volunteer work I have done were similar to my main occupation, teaching Mathematics, high school/mostly college, but different enough to be out of my comfort zone. Now, I offer meals, and this is out Of my comfort zone.

1. Nursery Sunday School Teacher. Oh my, it took me back to when my DSs were young, I remembered the songs we sung together. I had an aide and we worked so well together. We did it for years. I gave it up, when they sorely needed a 6th grade CCD teacher.

2. I became Treasurer for Parish St Vincent de Paul conference and did that for almost 20 years. Balancing the checkbook was the only part of that position that was in my comfort zone. Meetings and giving verbal reports were not. I learned, and when I had to give up being treasurer , I became a call taker and spoke with clients. Belonging to St Vincent de Paul Society has had the most profound spiritual calling in my life. There is no Conference in my area, but we stay active in our previous area by giving monthly support.

3. So, what I do now is provide meals given to volunteer organizations in our current area. I know my meals are needed here, and I hope they bring some comfort to those who need them. My goal is two meals a week, and 4 a week during Lent.

I became a Trustee for my Subd and held it for 30 years - I had no clue when I started it but can teach you how now
I became a bookkeeper at a charity - never worked at a charity let alone be sole responsible for the books - my boss handles many businesses so I now have 9 companies I do books on - I’ve learned so much and ALL of it has been out of my comfort zone and he just keeps adding more - he likes to stay insanely busy 🤣🤣
I’m getting a divorce - big one out of my zone - I’m no spring chicken but have never lived by myself - I’ve handled things on my own for decades and been responsible for all manner of everyone and everything but not lived on my own - this one is a huge much needed leap !!

Comforts I’m grateful for :

1. Having a sister I can talk candidly with about anything and everything.

2. Screaming hot showers - especially when not feeling well.

3. The rocking chair on my front porch and egg chair on my back porch each outfitted with a flannel blanket where I curl up and read or just relax.

Out of my comfort zone:

1. Going back to college to get a second degree in a field I have no prior experience in. I learned a lot about myself and also rediscovered parts of myself I lost over the years and it was awesome.

2. Hot yoga

3. Getting back into the dating world.

Out of comfort zone

1. Leaving the house much. I get really anxious now. Lines make me panicky. Except WDW of course!

2. Phone calls. You can text me. Email. Send a carrier pigeon. But I probably don't want to/won't talk to you.

3. Relying on other people. I just like to get the job done. My DH jokes that there might not be a "I" in team, but there is an "ME" lol

Wdwepcot - you got this!!

Last edited by a moderator:

3 "out-of-your-comfort-zone" things you've been grateful for

1 Beyond grateful a number of years ago when I at last listened to God's call to me to join choir at church. That experience was beyond a blessing indeed. God-willing one day when this pandemic has ceased, I would love to sing extra to Him through a church choir once more.

2 Becoming more phone confident for sure due to Covid. I prefer talking with someone in person to doing some over the phone. I have even become much better about realizing how handy it truly it as my grandma used to say to let my fingers due the walking in terms of calling a store to check to see that they have an item in stock before dad goes to get it!

3 Post Covid God willing I would love to help start a new church ministry and part time scrapbook/organizing job too.

My out -of-your-comfort-zone gratitude's are:
1. Going back to work after being a SAHM for 13+ years. I actually love it, but it was not natural for me to put myself forward and say let me do this, I know what I am doing. I became a Substitute teacher last November, and have found my niche and validation in the elementary schools I work with. I now have several teachers contacting me to have me sub for them repeatedly, and it really makes me feel good.
2. Being an adoption advocate. We adopted our daughter as an infant. I did not really want to share too much about it, but have found over the years that there are many people that need to hear and learn about my experience because they are going through something similar. Dealing with Fertility issues is painful, and reliving it is very uncomfortable, but for others who are there right now, it can be a comfort. So I have become grateful to be uncomfortable so that it helps others realize they are not alone and become more comfortable where they are at.
3. Physical Therapy. I have had two bouts of Frozen Shoulder in the last three years, first the right one, now the left. Physical Therapy is definitely not comfortable, but it has helped me overcome the pain and get my range of motion back (or will when this current one is done!)

TGIF DIS FRIENDS‼️ :wave:

I’m going to narrow it down to foods (I’m really hungry this morning)

#1 - I’m grateful for my morning cereal. I love my cereal! Lately I’ve been eating Honey Nut Cheerios - so good! I used to eat different flavored Chex, but that has a lot more sugar than the Cheerios, so I’m not buying the flavored Chex anymore - I still buy the rice one.

#2 - I’m grateful for the protein drink I make after my workouts. Sometimes I put some frozen fruit in it and blend it up in my NutriBullet - so good! I look forward to this every time I workout.

#3 - I’m grateful for Jif peanut butter - it’s one of my most favorite things to eat - love love love love it! I do actually measure 2 tablespoons when I put it on a piece of bread, because if I didn’t I’d go overboard. I eat a peanut butter bread 4-5 days a week for lunch - it’s a low calorie lunch as long as the pb is measured and it’s on one piece of bread.

My DH, I appreciate him more and more, and I like him even more as we age. We did good to find each other June 10, 1966.

Gus, our dog who will be 11 on Valentine’s Day. We have had him since he was 5. I get such a warm fuzzy feeling as we 3 head for our bedroom each night.

My DSis who is my best friend.

No rose colored glasses, but a deep appreciation of my life as it is.

Yesterday's was harder! What came to mind were too difficult to describe, but it made me think about them again -- and appreciate them. :thumbsup2

Free-for-all Friday...

I was driving through the lovely English countryside this morning and definitely appreciating it.

Ken Bruce on BBC Radio 2 (and Radio 2, generally). He's leaving soon :sad1:, but his morning shows have been sooo good for sooo long. I'm enjoying them while he's still there. On that note, I'm also grateful for commercial-free radio stations!

People with whom I can laugh, especially when it's a really good belly laugh! Laughing is good for you - and laughing, uncontrollably, with a friend is the best! :tongue::tongue::tongue:

Free for all

1. Family. No matter how much they drive me crazy, I love them all so much. I just can't stay the night at their house when we travel ha ha.

2. Forgiveness. Without it I don't think any of us could survive.

3. It doesn't have to be Jif, but peanut butter! I eat it in toast or a sandwich at least 5 tines a week. My grandfather, Pappy, used to sprinkle sugar on top of his PB toast. So good! I don't do it now, but he lived to 94 😆

I’m getting a divorce - big one out of my zone - I’m no spring chicken but have never lived by myself - I’ve handled things on my own for decades and been responsible for all manner of everyone and everything but not lived on my own - this one is a huge much needed leap !!
:grouphug: Group hug! We're with you.

Out of comfort zone

2. Phone calls. You can text me. Email. Send a carrier pigeon. But I probably don't want to/won't talk to you.
Yes, what is it about phone calls? :hug:

Happy Friday:grouphug::wave:

Friday Free For All

1 ITA and then some Bobbiwoz! This time of Covid, pandemic aside of course, has blessed me in many ways including slowing down, cherishing the now. Every day and moment are gifts from God indeed. Sure, there are a few past choices I would make much differently. However, zero complaints, only thanks. I choose always Jesus and joy. Be happy, friends!

2 I'm extra grateful this morning to feel as though sometime this year ahead I will be able to help my dad with laundry and grocery shopping, perhaps even get to go to church and do some needed new clothing shopping, too.

3 Fuzzy slippers and pajamas that help bring me both comfort and warmth plus good cheer.

Free Friday! Yeah!

1. Sleeping in - I got to this morning, and I guess I really needed it today.
2. Me sweet Daughter. I really did win the lottery with her. It is rough having a teenager, but I got lucky with one who still shares everything with me and is a total rule follower.
3. YouTube - I have been on it a lot lately, but I find it is a great tool at work. This comes with a bit of a story, so hope that is okay! I am a Substitute Teacher, who mostly does Elementary School. For the last three days I have been in a 1st grade class where the regular teacher (a really wonderful woman) has been staying with her husband who just had surgery. There are a few really tough kids in the group of 26, and it causes the rest to act out a little. We were doing a math game, and they just got there. After getting them quiet, I decided we needed a meditation. There are some really great videos for school kids, including some quiet meditations that can calm a large group down. There are also great brain break videos to give these littles a chance to clear their brain and get the wiggles out. So, I am thankful for YouTube!

Today's Topic (Sun 2/5) - Pets (your own, your friends', random ones you follow on Instagram…)

:thanks:to WDWEPCOT for today's topic!
Oiy, I'm behind...let's see..

grey Mittens, grey Tiana, white floofy MJ

277832753_1874719322715373_2510297487366332923_n.jpg FX-VabPWYAowev-.jpg 277700836_688539352232153_6365057701015742065_n.jpg
Thanks to @WDWEPCOT for:

Today's Topic (Mon 2/6) - 3 (More) Disney Things You're Grateful For
1. My Dooney & Burkes. Minnie in Paris and Minnie Food & Garden are the two I have.

2. My mugs

3. Memories!

Today's Topic (Tues 2/7) - 3 things you're grateful for that start with the letter O
1. Oranges

2. Owls

3. Opals

Today's Topic (Wed 2/8) - 3 Comfortable/Comforting Things You're Grateful For
1. My pjs. So soft and cozy

2. A fuzzy blanket I have; covered in lemons.

3. A cup of Hot chocolate
Today's Topic (Thur 2/9) - 3 "out-of-your-comfort-zone" things you've been grateful for

1. Our first trip out of the country!

2. Starting a new job

3. Learning a new skill
Free-For-All-Friday

Today's Topic (Fri 2/10) - Any 3 Things You're Feeling Thankful For
1. Thankful that I have a wonderful husband that indulges me

2. Cookies!

3. Tom Brady finally retired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter