Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Leggings / Sweatpants ❤️❤️
Sweaters / Sweatshirts
Soft Cuddly Blankets
My four hundred space heaters I own ❤️
Yes I’m ALWAYS cold
I’m grateful I can layer up - place a blanket on me - turn on the fireplace - turn on my space heater and work from home as my boss keeps the office at 65 and I about freeze to death - where I keep my house at 72 and I’m still chilled although the dog looks at me like what the duck is wrong with you ??? I wish I knew buddy I wish I knew 🤣🤣 Been thus way forever - always cold unless I’m in FL in August then I’m melting heading for the pool !!

It’s HUMP DAY!!!

#1 - I’m grateful for my old & broken in Old Navy Sweatshirt. I wear it almost every night around the house during cold weather months.

#2 - I’m grateful for my old & broken in Old Navy Jean Jacket. There are no words to describe how much I love this jacket. I’ve easily had it for over 25 years.

#3 - I’m grateful for my old quilted blanket my stepdad gave me when I was 13/14 years old (I’m now 51, so this is pretty old now). This blanket is getting thin, worn and has been mended more than once. I use it every night while watching TV during cold weather months.

3 comfortable/comforting things:

The fleece tie blanket DS made me as a Christmas gift a few years ago and the comfort cat who almost always takes residence upon it when it covers my lap.

A mug of something warm in the winter

Soft, yet supportive resting places

A hug from my DS

Walks in the woods (on mostly-level ground, these days)

Fireplaces (especially those at Wilderness Lodge, which cover at least two of my comforts)

A well placed end table

Plush robes

Well-fitting footwear

A cold fizzy drink enjoyed on a balcony with a beautiful view on a warm day/evening

The recording of Happily Ever After available on demand from Disney resort room tvs. I love ending my Disney day watching that.

OK. Having a hard time stopping. I love my comforts! 😁 And I'm blessed to have so many 🙏

Last edited:
1. The picture I hanging above our bed. When we moved, I could finally have a picture hanging above my bed (we always had a window behind bed before) and our kids got us this picture for Christmas.

1675868514074.png

2. The group text and snapchat that our family has. The kids are always putting funny tic tocs and memes in there. I think it helps to keep us communicating now that we don't all live together.

3. The blanket I use when I watch tv at night. I even use it when I'm not cold - I just like having it on when I sitting in my spot lol

Good Morning :)

Comforting things are a wonderful Wednesday topic indeed. I love so many of your shared answers already. I will add:

1 God! His Presence and steadfast protection, mercy, and grace is, of course, unlike any other comfort.

2 Warm bed, blankets, and of course pajamas. Mornings with hot chocolate and later on warm soup, too. Oh and can't forget, while thinking of food warm 🍪straight from the oven! As a p.s. I am almost always cold, too. Extra appreciate comforting warmth!

3 Family, friends, and familiar and even new good 📚and 📺shows. Oh and most of all, Hymns that are tried and true, embedded extra,in our hearts, that bring us immediate joy to hear and sing along to at least on part by memory.

Well, today I got a real test of what comforts me. Currently at WDW and in between resorts on a split stay. Got call from home that a former co-worker died. Not unexpected but taking it hard, nonetheless. What I really want to do is bawl in private but that's not an option. When I told DS, she mentioned the comforts I listed earlier. Turns out, even with all I listed, I missed a few critical ones:

the sound of DH's voice and

empathy of someone who really *gets* me (like my DS)

So sorry for your loss - I’ve been at the Happiest Place on Earth dealing with sad stressful news not fun ! It’s nice that you have someone you can talk to - I hope you can find a little quiet time later to sit and reflect and process on your own a little - it’s a process it takes time - again I’m sorry for your loss

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter