• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Love all the adorable pets especially the dogs, I admit to not being a cat person. Of course they are God's creatures too and I wish them all well and thank those of you with cats for giving them a loving home, you know that :)

1 Memories of my beloved Champ.

2 A memory of a goldfish named Starky that lived for a good 6 (I think) years

3 My elderly church friend Sue's dog Skeeter, may she RIP, who sure brought a ton of joy to Sue and also whenever I spent the night, would so kindly come check in on me to be sure all was well.

Attachments

• Champ.jpg
    Champ.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1
Pets - we don't have any now, but I do enjoy other people's pets!

1. My sister's 2 dogs - Barbie and Ringo
2. Almost everyone in my office has dogs and bring them in every now and then to share with everyone
3. We had a Shetland Sheepdog when oldest DD was born and he was the best dog ever. I do miss him, but we will probably never have another dog just because we travel too much now and really don't have the time to devote to one, so I have to enjoy everyone else's pets!

Wow! I inspired the topic yesterday. Well here are three more groups I am grateful for!

1) PTA - I spent years on the PTA of my daughters school (current school does not have one) and was so grateful for the work that organization does. Also made some great friends.
2) Church group - I have made incredible friendships at church, and the support they give me is to never be underestimated.
3) Choirs - I have sung in many, and loved them all. Fun to share our talents with others.

Now my pets - we have had many of the years!
1) Traffic - this was my first dog, whom my Mom rescued when someone dumped him out of the car and just took off (which explains the name Traffic!). He was just a puppy, and I was only a few months old myself. He was the sweetest dog, and I was so sad when he passed away. I will always remember him with love.
2) Gingersnap - When DH and I had been married two years, we bought our house. We got cats about two months later - Gingersnap and Cookie. Cookie was fun, but Gingersnap was just a sweetie. She loved to sit right up against my leg, and was always so calm.
3) Epcot - yes we named a cat after the park. We got him when Cookie passed away. Both Gingersnap and Epcot were red tabbies. He was cute and shy as a kitten, but also a really good cat. He passed away the spring of 2020 with cancer. Now we have a dog and two cats, and while I love them, I still miss the three I have listed.

Thanks to @WDWEPCOT for:

Today's Topic (Mon 2/6) - 3 (More) Disney Things You're Grateful For

* Yes, we've done this category before, but we all know 3 Disney anything isn't enough for most of us :rotfl2: so keep the Disney love comin'

P.S. - If anyone wants to check their old answers, it was Dec. 5th - Walt's birthday (page 42). And there are several more Disney Birthdays (including Walt's Dad's) today! Check them out if you've got a minute: http://www.thisdayindisneyhistory.com/Feb06.html

Last edited:
Happy Monday Friends :wave:

I’m going to go with Disney things in my house today….

#1 - I’m grateful for my Big Figs that I started collecting 20 years ago. So many Disney characters throughout my house. They don’t make these anymore, which makes me even more grateful for them.

#2 - I’m grateful for my Disney purses. My newest one is a Coach purse and Coach wallet that DH gave me for my BDay.

#3 - I’m grateful for my framed menu from Pirate Night on the Disney Magic in 2007. We had so much fun on this cruise, and every time I look at this menu in my kitchen, it takes me back to that trip. My girls were 9 & 4 and they had so much fun.

B8B8A664-4124-47F5-B102-45DAF3F3A8FA.jpeg
(I framed this menu myself - the benefits of having my custom picture frame store at the time)

DVC - I know I used it before but one if my happiest memories is DVC it is what got me in the DIS Boards way back when I was lurking and learned all about resale DVC back when resale was just like direct - my first purchase was resale through DIS Board sponsor - lost to ROFR - next pick went through took forever as it was a couple divorcing - took months !! My next purchase was direct took hours !! My two next purchases direct - that joke about the itch to buy more is no joke !! 🤣🤣 I love my DVC - for reasons I’m not getting into I’ve been forced to sell but I will repurchase once things settle ! I enjoy and love being a DVC member and currently I’m sad I’m not a blue card member right now as I’m down to only a measly 100 points - I’m like what can you do with that ? When you are use to 500 a year it’s a big change !!

Disney TV - fond memories of the Wonderful World of Disney / Zorro ( repeats ) Disney cartoons - Daniel Boone ( repeats ) - Disney Nature shows - Disney Holiday specials etc - I enjoy them all

Food & Wine at EOCOT & Flower & Garden & Spring Break & Christmas & Thanksgiving - special times in the Parks - I’ve hardly missed a F&W - I’ve enjoyed a lot of them over the years - another great one is Christmas - one of the best times to me to go to the Parks - back in the day they used to do so much more - Teddy Bear & Doll convention - Ornaments with the artist - lit more Christmas offerings - it was so much fun ! I have so many Disney Christmas ornaments I could do 3 trees!! My times going to the Parks means so much to me - I give up a lot to enjoy them - people often comment you must be rich to go so much - ah no - you own season tickets to your favorite sporting event and you go out and Golf every other weekend and you do Xxx all the time - I don’t do these things because I would rather go to Disney it’s all about how you want to spend you money - people don’t view it like that - being on the DIS you learn where to go to find deals - use them Disney $$ / airline points etc - and your DVC - Passholder - those trips cost less than those Season sporting tickets !!! I always say to each his own !!

Disney is my therapy ! I’m grateful for it ! If they could stop being so money hungry I’d be even more grateful - just my opinion ymmv❤️❤️

Disney Purses ? Oh I need a 12 step program for that one !!! 🤣🤣🤣 one trip I purchased 4 😳 I looked a little funny with them shoved into my oversized Vera Bradley bag at the airport with my other addiction - 2 Steiff bears sticking out but I wasn’t about to put them in my suitcase !! Hard to hide those purchases at the airport from the DH !! Thank God he didn’t see the perfume I got 🤣🤣🤣

Disney +
I love being able to access all those movies so effortlessly, and I love watching whatever series I'm currently into on my iPad while I walk on the treadmill. (I've been enjoying "Behind the Attraction" lately.)

Photos!!
I have photos from Disney trips all over my house, and in albums, and they're some of my favorites to look at.

Disney Music
I have a Disney playlist on Spotify, and somewhere I still have the Disney CD's I used to use. Disney music is just so...singable. There's no worry about actually being good, it's just about being in the moment.

My three drawings. Two by Stacia Martin, and one by Alex Maher.
First is Thumper. I won it during a animation talk and lesson on the 2013 TA cruise on the Magic.
FDEEB451-08CB-49F1-BE2E-67F44BA8906C.jpeg

Second is Winnie the Pooh. I actually had won MIckey. This was on the DVC Member Cruise in 2014. A fellow DVCer had won This one and really wanted Mickey, I was happy to exchange!

DCEA68B7-333F-4C7B-8A41-202E733F9BC7.jpeg
Finally. This is from another DVC Member Cruise, when DH came with me. It was in May 2019 and Disney Legend Burny Mattinson would talk about all the Disney Movies he worked on and Stacia would sketch something about the movie. DH wasn’t really as interested in the talk as I was, but he came with me. His was the winning ticket for this one!

E9BA2445-9EB9-4F3D-AC88-42602D189672.jpeg

🙂

Disney Things:

1. DVC—this is a big one for me. I don’t think we would vacation much without it. My DH likes to put things off with a “we’ll see”. “We’ll see how busy I am at work….we’ll see how this or that is going” when I want to plan something. DVC forces us to use our points or lose them. He doesn’t like to lose anything he paid for so we use our DVC. We bought before we had children and our oldest is 22 so our girls grew up with it and we have a lot of good family memories.

2. Watch band—oldest DD bought me a Disney themed band for my Apple Watch for Christmas. It’s so pretty and I can’t wait to use it on a trip.

3. Movies—loved taking my girls to see the newest Disney film.

Hmmm . . . Three Disney things . . .

I am grateful for the Flower and Garden Festival, which usually brings back one of my favorite characters, Orange Bird. Looking forward to some new merchandise.

I am grateful that I was able to go to the Festival of the Arts this year and purchase a new piece of Haunted Mansion art. . . and a Figment popcorn bucket.

I am grateful for my annual pass, which has allowed me to continue going to the parks regularly. I could not afford to go otherwise.

Disney memories/nostalgia --- Travelling over from the UK (I was 9, I think, the first time) was sooo special and was the best quality family time.

Disney detail --- I don't know if they're maintaining this, but in the early days of my visits, the Disney attention to detail really did create a world away from the rest of the world. I'm a 'noticer' and 'appreciator' of those kinds of extra little things.

Disney music --- it's just so evocative and atmospheric. In place of being able to drop by anytime, listening to the music gives me a bit of the feel of being there.

I'll stick to 3 and save others for next time! :smickey:

Hmmm . . . Three Disney things . . .

I am grateful for the Flower and Garden Festival, which usually brings back one of my favorite characters, Orange Bird. Looking forward to some new merchandise.
I love Orange Bird! And would really like to go to Flower & Garden.

P.S. It's good you already had your AP. Is it right you can still only renew, but not purchase new?

3 Disney

Streetmosphere at WDW - I *really*, *really* hope that isn't a thing of the past. I so miss the Citizens of Hollywood and the Citizens of Main Street

Random character sightings

Rivers of Light (especially when they still had the shaman and acolytes. Sadly, I am aware I am in the minority on this one.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter