Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Quick comment on the Farmers: if anyone has never seen the Super Bowl commercial from years back with Paul Harvey talking about farmers...oh man, I get teary eyed just thinking of it. Paul Harvey has a special place in my heart, too.

Three groups:
1. My homeschool co-op. Fun activities and lots of socialization for DD.

2. This group. No explanation needed.

3. Anearforyou on FB. It's not a participatory group, but awesome CMs/former CMs post their services and wares. Join if you can!!

Happy Saturday everyone:flower3:

3 groups I am grateful for

This kind group of all of you along with my Quacker family in the kindness thread. All are always welcome, btw, to stop in and join that thread. We would love to have you :)

Church and other service groups.

Kid groups, especially children's choirs that lift young voices in song to God.

Today's Topic (Sat. 2/4) - 3 Groups You're Grateful For

Those on this thread - I have been intending to write 3 daily gratitudes for a very long time. You all helped me find the discipline to actually do it.

My office co-workers. We are a kooky, yet totally loveable, bunch

Groups of sandpipers. Watching them run along the water's edge puts joy in my heart.

Fun topic!

1. My church family
2. The moms from my oldest DDs friend group. Even though the girls graduated high school in 2016, the moms still get together regularly
3. My "cool cruisers" facebook group. We all met on a cruise last October and still have lots of fun together on a facebook group someone created.

Groups:

1. This one! I enjoy coming here and try to make it a part of my day every day.

2. Youngest DD’s volleyball team—great group of kids and parents. She ‘s been on the same (mostly) team for a few years now. We travel together several times a month for a big chunk of the year and it’s a fun group.

3. Neighborhood—many of us raised our kids together—they are truly my village.

F43CBF84-1FEA-448A-98C2-97F5996FD71D.jpeg
3D07A730-5548-4E4A-81C3-8E49F5A392CD.jpeg

1) Our cats ⬆️

2) DS's gecko - who is way cooler than I thought he would be

3) "Other people's dogs" - I love dogs but not the commitment level needed, so I'm always happy to give pets and attention to my in-laws' dogs, my neighbors' dogs, my friends' dogs... Plus, I love that dogs on walks start conversations between their humans!

3) "Other people's dogs" - I love dogs but not the commitment level needed, so I'm always happy to give pets and attention to my in-laws' dogs, my neighbors' dogs, my friends' dogs... Plus, I love that dogs on walks start conversations between their humans!
No joke! I love our Honeybun, but she is expensive to care for and limits us from so many things! We are always boarding her :( We love her dearly, but there won't be another. 😦

Pets - ❤️❤️
My most beloved pet was my dog JR - he passed many years ago but he was such a treasure to me - I trained him for years - showed him in obedience and he was just the best dog ever - I miss him daily ❤️❤️
I have hardly been without a dog in 40 years - my current dog is a bit crazy but lovable !!
Horses - as you all know - I love Horses and I love horse racing - I don’t place money on it but I watch it every weekend nonstop - I follow several horses on Instagram and the people I work for a good friends with were owners of one of the best female horses of all time - I tried to snag a signed photo but alas only got a postcard ❤️❤️ They are friends with TWO different stable owners ! I’m like wow - my boss has no clue as they don’t follow horse racing ! They’re like yeah I think they have some horses - ah yeah - those horses were in the Kentucky Derby !!
We’ve owned all manner of pets over the years - just about everything but I enjoy the wildlife I have in my yard - I’ve had just about everything I could have in my state with one exception - my other favorite animal that I love - bears ❤️❤️ we have bears within 10 miles so maybe soon I will see one - I follow bears on Instagram - Katmai National Park - Alaska - bears are very smart strong animals and adorable !!!
Bonus - those pesky deer - I may as well count them they hang in my yard nonstop !!

Attachments

• 4F68AAEF-DC76-4BDE-B3DB-DBE43A5B684C.jpeg
    4F68AAEF-DC76-4BDE-B3DB-DBE43A5B684C.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 7
  • A6A54272-442F-4DC5-B8CA-9EFA9A4BBF2B.jpeg
    A6A54272-442F-4DC5-B8CA-9EFA9A4BBF2B.jpeg
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 08A6D5EF-EB8A-432A-B0C8-7E02459DA39A.jpeg
    08A6D5EF-EB8A-432A-B0C8-7E02459DA39A.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 3
  • EE9EE7FB-F593-4CFC-9096-C0694E95839A.jpeg
    EE9EE7FB-F593-4CFC-9096-C0694E95839A.jpeg
    48.9 KB · Views: 2
  • B6224C1D-D27C-45C7-A672-C7CEBEC65EF7.jpeg
    B6224C1D-D27C-45C7-A672-C7CEBEC65EF7.jpeg
    71.2 KB · Views: 3
  • F8773498-3F6E-4DDB-B143-A666F0EC9919.jpeg
    F8773498-3F6E-4DDB-B143-A666F0EC9919.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 3
  • 00301A14-7259-4EBC-906C-F6FA35935CA5.jpeg
    00301A14-7259-4EBC-906C-F6FA35935CA5.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 5
Pets - ❤️❤️
My most beloved pet was my dog JR - he passed many years ago but he was such a treasure to me - I trained him for years - showed him in obedience and he was just the best dog ever - I miss him daily ❤️❤️
I have hardly been without a dog in 40 years - my current dog is a bit crazy but lovable !!
Horses - as you all know - I love Horses and I love horse racing - I don’t place money on it but I watch it every weekend nonstop - I follow several horses on Instagram and the people I work for a good friends with were owners of one of the best female horses of all time - I tried to snag a signed photo but alas only got a postcard ❤️❤️ They are friends with TWO different stable owners ! I’m like wow - my boss has no clue as they don’t follow horse racing ! They’re like yeah I think they have some horses - ah yeah - those horses were in the Kentucky Derby !!
We’ve owned all manner of pets over the years - just about everything but I enjoy the wildlife I have in my yard - I’ve had just about everything I could have in my state with one exception - my other favorite animal that I love - bears ❤️❤️ we have bears within 10 miles so maybe soon I will see one - I follow bears on Instagram - Katmai National Park - Alaska - bears are very smart strong animals and adorable !!!
Bonus - those pesky deer - I may as well count them they hang in my yard nonstop !!
Two of your cats could be bro and sis to mine! 🤩

We have had SO many cats - one of them lived to be 19 !!! She was so mean for years I mean nasty then blink she became the sweetest cat ever I don’t know what happened but total change !! She stayed sweet after that never mean ir nasty again - instantly got along with every dog we ever had and she knew most of the 13 we’ve had

Oh, my fur babies! First, we have Sammy who passed away in October 2021 a few months shy of her 18th birthday. Then we have Ivy, the cutest little bug I have ever known last but not least there’s Aspen - the goofiest pittie who doesn’t know she isn’t the same size as Ivy. D5891DAF-2FF8-4B7B-B8C5-3F1C349C6902.pngB4C31821-3EB5-4194-A5C9-495729A39FAA.png8A700C43-6CE0-4D8B-9B33-4EAA0EDA5ACD.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter