• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Also catching up

Indulgences: -
  • Cake mix 😋
  • Watching an extra episode of a show I'm streaming.
  • ...And I like to indulge the washing machine by letting it rest now and then! :rotfl:

On repeat
  • I agree with everyone who mentioned the 4 seasons.
  • Laughing together at the same old family jokes ...over and over!
  • I'm very grateful for all the workers who routinely collect trash; deliver mail and deliver parcels.

F
  • Fairground memories (not sure why this sprang to mind), but the fair used to come to my childhood town in November - so it was cold, dark evenings, colorful lights, woolly hats and scarves. It was so atmospheric I love to remember it.
  • Florida! So many amazing memories from trips there -- and hopefully more to come.
  • French Fries - fresh, hot, crisp
  • Also, Fudge and Flip Flops! :D
  • FRIENDS
  • FAMILY
  • And fresh air.

Definitely farmers! - Great answer, very thankful for them!

I also second fairs/fairgrounds. - I loved when the fair came to my town as a kid, and have enjoyed the ones I've taken my DS to over the years.

Furry Friends - my two adorable cats, other family members' dogs, and the sweet guinea pig we had for too short a time.

Seriously what’s up with Frozen Pizza today - we are all very grateful for it and now I’m very hungry !! Except I AM now having it for lunch cause y’all be talking about it now I really do want it - I snagged a couple new ones that taste almost like the ones at the Italian Pavilion at EOCOT ❤️❤️

Friday Hi and Hug to all! I truly thank all of you for keeping this fun and kind thread going. Extra hug, PollyannaMom, for starting it. I so enjoy each day reading each of your replies.

Grateful Fs

Father God and Faith
Human Father, my dear dad

Family and Friends in general including, always, furry ones:dogdance:

Flowers
Forgiveness
Fun for sure!

F Things:

I am stealing most of these:

1. Fireplaces—wouldn’t want to live in a house without at least one.
2. Freezer—definitely helps me eat healthier and cheaper. I love making big batches of soup and freezing those for lunches. Good way to have vegetables and meat on hand.
3. Fridays—always something to look forward to

Another one: financial surprises. The surgeon's bill for my surgery was zero out of pocket!!

Ok. This is gross so stop reading now.....

She removed a growth from my uterus that completely filled the cavity. She said it was the coolest thing ever and looked like a blobfish. 🤮😂

I'll start with Farmers - glad to see all the love for farmers. I work at an ag company in the midwest so deal with a lot of farmers - they are (mostly) all such hard workers and love their lives and their land.

Faith

Family and Friends

I am all for breakfast for dinner, WDWEPCOT. A breakfast dinner or lunch party sounds like fun. Anyone? :) I do admit to never having liked French Toast though. I did as a kid and when I was younger, love French Toast dips from places like Carl's, Jr. I hope you and anyone else who does like French Toast, dad does, has some that is tasty soon. That does sound like a cozy dinner for a cooler night.

Groups:

My DH's Lodge (both the guys and the other wives I've met) - for so many reasons!...including:
1) We always seem to know someone who's a (...whatever expert we need).
2) It provides a social structure. Sometimes I just need planned events when I know I'll see people instead of having to pick up the phone and arrange something myself (which is not a great skill of mine).
3) The opportunity (nudge?) for community involvement/charity work.

The informal groups I belong to here on the DIS - this thread and other long-running topic threads, the Wordle and Nerdle threads I post in daily, etc. - I love being able to interact with familiar people at "DIS pace".

My Library's Network - I love that my town's library belongs to a group that shares resources, so I can order books from a much wider selection 📚:earsgirl:📚

Good Saturday Morning :wave:
We are meeting DD19 halfway this afternoon for dinner - I’m very excited to see her.

#1 - I’m grateful for my parish/church. We’ve only been a part of this parish for 1 1/2 years, but this great group of people have been so welcoming, that I feel as if we’ve been going there for years.

#2 - I’m grateful for my softball group. I love my softball family/community, and it’s not just DD19’s past travel program of 7 years, it’s also town ball where she started, it’s high school softball, other travel programs that I’ve met awesome people and now college. Makes my heart happy to think of all the fantastic families I’ve met throughout the last 12 years.

#3 - I’m grateful for the families on our block, that we call The KOPs (first initials of our 3 last names). Now that our kids are older & busy with their activities , and some gone, we don’t see each other as much as we did 10 years ago, but when we do, we pick up where we left off. I love them!

DIS Boards - the Boards to me is a wonderful group of great people - in all my years on the Boards I’ve only had one person I blocked because they were not very nice - actually mean - otherwise the people are warm friendly helpful funny and I enjoy chatting with them and learning new things ! 💚💚💚

DVC - any time I have been in a DVC group again I’ve found the people to be warm friendly and inviting - if it’s Moonlight Magic or a DVC Cruise - friendly fun people - Welcome Home ❤️

I really don’t join groups - so I don’t have a third - it was a big step for me years ago to join DIS after lurking for years and more years before I really posted - there is a reason but I won’t get into it - nothing to do with the DIS - I need to branch back out now that my reason is gone and get me a group !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter