• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Three Things...Gratitude Thread

I'm grateful for

1. The setup of our living room furniture - it's ideal for a sectional plus a recliner, but we have a sofa, loveseat and recliner and make it work. It took awhile though to get the seating where we could actually see each other well when we were talking. Our furniture is odd (I don't love it lol) and just the way everything reclined made it difficult to arrange so it worked good. I'm grateful we finally figured it out lol!

2. My piano - it was my grandma's piano and I was the only grandkid who played and didn't already have a piano. I've had it most of my married life now.

3. That's it is our room to relax and hang out!

Living Room:

Fireplace—I love a fireplace. We have one in our upstairs living room and our downstairs family/game room. We use them about 6 months a year and it makes me feel relaxed and comfortable.
Family photos—my kids current school/grad photos are displayed there.
Fish tank—we have a beautiful hexagon shaped large tank with attractive fish and plants. DH maintains it and it is awesome. I even like the sound of the water.

*Fireplace, this one is gas and I prefer regular wood but we do have a fireplace.
*Cool little ottoman that folds out into a bed, it is by far the best innovation ever
*Door with a screen so I can air out our place. There is a juliet balcony out there so I have wispy flowers in flower boxes which flutter and can see my red, white and blue bunting waving in today's lovely breeze.

Living Room

I spend most of my days in the living room. Place to extra pray, read, type, I pray in faith, cheer, and fun with love to all of you for one and others and dear to my heart in an extra way, it's where Dad and I spend most of our time each day together. We set up our card table for any celebration, place our small potted Christmas in come December, and nightly watch 📺together.

Our kitchen table is just past our living room put within the same room if that makes sense so I'm grateful for God's blessing of being able to have meals to begin with and to do so in health with my dad as we gather with Him each day.

I use our card table also as my mail room/office as dad sometimes calls it💌We also use it anytime he goes out to wipe down items brought home.

Memories of time with Champ spent in here and even my grandma who came to visit us from Houston way back in the 90's, too!

Kitchen

DH-We trip over each other and it makes me crazy sometimes but I am, nonetheless, grateful to have him around

Food-yum

My small appliances

Living room

Our sofa, though it really needs to be replaced

My books

Our downstairs kitty, who camps out on the sofa or our laps

(Mon, 5/22) - 3 Things You're Grateful For Beginning With "PH"
1. My phone. I'm addicted, I admit, but I like my games/apps.
2. Photos... of almost any kind. Family photos, cute animal photos, and space photos, being among my favorite.
3. The Great Physician (I kind of "stole" this... I saw someone post "physicians" and I didn't want to completely steal all three answers.)

Today's Topic (Tues, 5/23) - 3 things you're grateful for inspired by Nat'l Taffy Day
1. There is this adorable store called Ozarkland that's on the way to Jefferson City, and even though I could easily drive to Jefferson City without stopping, whenever I have to go to Jefferson City for work, I stop in Kingdom City and stop by. I never by anything, it's just one of those fun places to stop, look around, and stretch your legs a bit. This "tradition" started with church camp, where the bus would stop in Kingdom City. We'd only go to the McDonald's, but now Kingdom City is a "must stop" place. (That ended up being a longer explanation that I'd initially planned. Ha!)
2. Chocolate
3. Road trip snacks. Always got to have your go-to road trip snacks.

(Wed, 5/24) - 3 things you're grateful for...in your kitchen
1. The kitchen table, because it's where my mom, brother, and I still eat together most nights, and I love it.
2. The microwave, because that's my main method of "cooking," when it's not a family dinner like I mentioned in number 1.
3. The refrigerator/freezer because it's where most of the good food is.
The 1. design of my kitchen because it was designed by my older brother. Also, the 2. tile backsplash and 3. tile floor which were done by him. He sadly passed away 5 years ago. I miss him everyday.
Awww. I'm glad you mentioned this! Our whole house was designed by my dad, so I'm counting the design of our kitchen as a bonus. Even if it does mean that it has its.... quirks. Like the water shut off for the dishwasher being behind it. Not like we learned that the hard way in the past year, or anything.

(Thu, 5/25) - 3 things in your living/family room you're grateful for
1. The piano. It doesn't work well anymore (keys that don't play, out of tune) but it's tone is still amazing.
2. The TV. It's how I wind down in the evenings, and I love watching Cardinals Baseball and Tim Ezell's "Inspirational moment" on the local news. (I'll post a link, if anyone wants to see one. :) )
3. The design. It's very open, and unique. See my bonus answer to the kitchen question. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter