Three days at Universal

Rory607

DIS Veteran
How would you structure your time if you had three days, Express Pass and wanted to spend at least part of a day at Volcano Bay? Two full park days in a row and then VB? Or water park in the middle so you can end with a park day?

I'd pop over to VB one morning but plan for all 3 days to also do the main Universal parks. You can also pop back to VB in the last opening hours anytime too. Or treat it like your mid-day break; a lot of people head back to their resort mid-day for some pool time. In your case, you'd just head to VB. :)

Our first trip was in June. We pretty much did most of what we wanted at both parks on day 1. Open until an hour before close. I was tired the 2nd day and we took it easy but were done by noon. (we did all but 9 attractions and the kiddie areas but having APs helped us accept(Ed spelling) when we were done).

So if I had 3 days and wanted to do VB, I’d go to the water park in the middle for half a day and relax. Then hit the main parks again on the last day.

Last edited:
On our trips, we usually do VB as a morning or two (for a week long trip). The crowds there are far better if you get there when they open. Easier for us because we always stay at Cabana Bay which has its own entrance to VB..
I'd say start day 2 at VB when they open and maybe leave around lunch time. Or, if you are loving it there, stay and have lunch and enjoy it longer. Either way, you can spend your afternoon/evening hours back at one of the other parks.

If you have express pass, you shouldn't have any trouble riding everything you want. The only questions will be Hagrids and Velocicoaster.
Its been 2 years since we were there, but we were planning to spend 3 days and at the end of 2 had done all we wanted multiple times. Again, Hagrids and Velocicoaster were not open yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter