Thoughts on Lowball Offer

I admit it does bother me that they won’t even present offers to the sellers because *they* want to buy it if the seller is willing to accept the offer. It also means I can’t start negotiating with a seller until I’ve come up to a price too close to my max. This practice has sort of soured me with DVCResaleMarket.com, especially as the price they were refusing to present was a price I literally just purchased a contract on, though through FidelityResales.com ($134 at Copper Creek).
They pulled a few on me this summer!

I chatted with the broker early yesterday morning and asked for the owners best price on several listings. It's now well over 24 hours and I've heard nothing... Perhaps the seller is out of town, however you never leave a potential buyer without a "...sorry I haven't heard for the buyer but I haven't forgotten you and will get an answer ASAP..." or something to that effect. I left my information which she confirmed with a promise to call me yesterday. So far...not impressed.

While I'm ranting, DH and I discussed a Fidelity listing on Wednesday and wanted clarification on banked points and chatted with them Wednesday afternoon. A return call was promised. Nothing! We pay C A S H dear brokers!
They make more money off buyers who finance than cash buyers. The finance company will pay a commission to the broker. It isn't like the old days where cash buyers were preferred.

I chatted with the broker early yesterday morning and asked for the owners best price on several listings. It's now well over 24 hours and I've heard nothing... Perhaps the seller is out of town, however you never leave a potential buyer without a "...sorry I haven't heard from the buyer but I haven't forgotten you and will get an answer ASAP..." or something to that effect. I left my information which she confirmed with a promise to call me yesterday. So far...not impressed.

While I'm ranting, DH and I discussed a Fidelity listing on Wednesday and wanted clarification on banked points and chatted with them Wednesday afternoon. A return call was promised. Nothing! We pay C A S H dear brokers!
I see the filter has now blocked this site, so maybe it was new to DISboard moderators as well.
First impressions don’t sound promising

I admit it does bother me that they won’t even present offers to the sellers because *they* want to buy it if the seller is willing to accept the offer. It also means I can’t start negotiating with a seller until I’ve come up to a price too close to my max. This practice has sort of soured me with www.DVCResaleMarket.com, especially as the price they were refusing to present was a price I literally just purchased a contract on, though through FidelityResales.com ($134 at Copper Creek).
I thought legally they had to present all offers unless instructed by the seller not to? Even if your price pp was lower than their instant sale offer, you would possibly pay closing costs and MF, which I believe they do not pay at all with their instant sale option. This seems like it is not in the best interest of the seller.

How many points are you looking for?

I'm looking in the 150-160 point range. Thanks!

I admit it does bother me that they won’t even present offers to the sellers because *they* want to buy it if the seller is willing to accept the offer. It also means I can’t start negotiating with a seller until I’ve come up to a price too close to my max. This practice has sort of soured me with www.DVCResaleMarket.com, especially as the price they were refusing to present was a price I literally just purchased a contract on, though through FidelityResales.com ($134 at Copper Creek).

Agreed! I probably will just avoid them. I think i's also contributing to keeping prices higher, rather than letting the market set the price...

Has anyone spotted the Riviera points going for $110 pp for a 150 pt contract? It’s the cheapest I’ve seen yet. It’s on a banned site so I can’t post the link. Apparently one of their other Riviera listings went for $90 pp.
I still think it’s best for resale owners to just rent RIV (and rent your other points to offset) rather than buy outright. I mean are we going to keep buying at every resort we can’t stay at?

I still think it’s best for resale owners to just rent RIV (and rent your other points to offset) rather than buy outright. I mean are we going to keep buying at every resort we can’t stay at?

I’m sure Disney would like that! We can stay there as we bought direct back in 2007. I thought I recalled others looking for cheap Riviera deals, but I might have the wrong thread

put in a call to https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/ yesterday about VGF. I was psyched when I saw a VGF pass ROFR at $140. They told me they offer the sellers an instant sale price - they will buy it from the seller themselves. They won't bother presenting an offer if it's below their instant price (which makes sense). Their buy-it-now price on the listing was $146, and I don't want to go over $150 right now to make it worth it to the seller.
That seems very wrong - especially since that instant price makes the seller pay closing and dues in addition to commission. I would NOT be happy about that if I were the seller. If they won't even present offers at or below their instant price, I would NOT list with them (were I in the market to sell, which I am not). JMHO. YMMV.

I’m sure Disney would like that! We can stay there as we bought direct back in 2007. I thought I recalled others looking for cheap Riviera deals, but I might have the wrong thread
You are right, I heard someone saying that around $80 would make it cheaper than cash bookings so some people will be definitely interested
just my opinion to do renting/cash booking a room instead

I wish I had your patience I’m way too impulsive.

My first choice is VGF at $140 ($145 if I need to). My second is BC at $130 or less. This will be my first DVC purchase, so I'm debating between cheaper sleep around points, or buying where I really want to stay. Getting more points for the same money is sooo tempting, but if I can get what I really want in my 25k budget, I'll finally make an offer.

I feel like the kid who stands on the diving board for way too long and deciding when to jump 🤣

My first choice is VGF at $140 ($145 if I need to). My second is BC at $130 or less. This will be my first DVC purchase, so I'm debating between cheaper sleep around points, or buying where I really want to stay. Getting more points for the same money is sooo tempting, but if I can get what I really want in my 25k budget, I'll finally make an offer.

I feel like the kid who stands on the diving board for way too long and deciding when to jump 🤣
Well AKV is good for SAP but I am biased

Have you thought about Poly? There are some good deals to be had...https://www.fidelityresales.com/disneys-polynesian-villas-bungalows/unit/5008147

Well AKV is good for SAP but I am biased

Have you thought about Poly? There are some good deals to be had...https://www.fidelityresales.com/disneys-polynesian-villas-bungalows/unit/5008147

AK is top of my list for SAP because I'd enjoy it more than SS or OKW if I couldn't move at 7 months.

I've thought about Poly, but here's my reasoning in deciding against it so far:

- Only studios & bungalows: I will usually stay in studios, but plan to occasionally bank or borrow for 1 or 2 bedroom
- 7 month availability: There is usually availability for studios at Poly even if you don't own there
- Price: Since Poly points would be partially SAP, the price is still a little high for me. I would want SAP for $100 - $110 or less.

I'm ok with higher prices at VGF or BC to use there, and add on SAP later.

Edited to add: I'm glad for the suggestion though! My brain is spinning with all the options. I change my mind every day LOL.

Last edited:
I thought legally they had to present all offers unless instructed by the seller not to? Even if your price pp was lower than their instant sale offer, you would possibly pay closing costs and MF, which I believe they do not pay at all with their instant sale option. This seems like it is not in the best interest of the seller.

That is what I was told, If the seller requests to only be notified of offers at X, then they can let the buyer know.

I have to say, that I have never run into a situation where an offer has not been presented....well, I should say that I know of. Always told it was presented and either rejected or countered.

AK is top of my list for SAP because I'd enjoy it more than SS or OKW if I couldn't move at 7 months.

I've thought about Poly, but here's my reasoning in deciding against it so far:

- Only studios & bungalows: I will usually stay in studios, but plan to occasionally bank or borrow for 1 or 2 bedroom
- 7 month availability: There is usually availability for studios at Poly even if you don't own there
- Price: Since Poly points would be partially SAP, the price is still a little high for me. I would want SAP for $100 - $110 or less.

I'm ok with higher prices at VGF or BC to use there, and add on SAP later.

Edited to add: I'm glad for the suggestion though! My brain is spinning with all the options. I change my mind every day LOL.
I hear you on the buy-in price! The only reason we have been toying with it for SAP is because of the low annual dues.

facebook twitter