Thoughts on Lowball Offer

An offer $20 under asking might not be low enough... Consider AKV selling at $113 a point in March would now only be $93. We have seen sellers accept $95 so offering even lower isn't out of the question without having to wait 6 months.
What do you think would be a good low ball number for BCV with 151 - this year & 210 next? They have one listed for $139 but not closing till August?

All of you have been super helpful in looking at possible offers for varying places. I know we have one successful under 100 point contact for OKW that settled in at a nice rate. Any of you guys have opinions on SSR right about now? I've been looking at a few 50-100 point contacts but they're all sitting at $115+. Just like AKL, we want a little piece of SSR or AKL but asking $115-135 in this market seems like crazy talk! I might be unreasonable; looking at too many numbers. LOL. :magnify:

I've been watching SSR closely and have attempted to purchase 3 contracts of 100-120 pts. All three settled in the price range of $92-94. This seems to be the line drawn in the sand at the moment. And, yes, there are still many listed and being listed about the $100 price mark. I think those are optimistic.

I've been watching SSR closely and have attempted to purchase 3 contracts of 100-120 pts. All three settled in the price range of $92-94. This seems to be the line drawn in the sand at the moment. And, yes, there are still many listed and being listed about the $100 price mark. I think those are optimistic.

Do you mind saying how much you were offering (understand if you’d rather not say)?

All of you have been super helpful in looking at possible offers for varying places. I know we have one successful under 100 point contact for OKW that settled in at a nice rate. Any of you guys have opinions on SSR right about now? I've been looking at a few 50-100 point contacts but they're all sitting at $115+. Just like AKL, we want a little piece of SSR or AKL but asking $115-135 in this market seems like crazy talk! I might be unreasonable; looking at too many numbers. LOL. :magnify:
Crazy prices! I'm holding out for lower prices as in $70+ OKW, $80 SSR, $90 AKL for smaller contracts, and even lower for larger contracts.

IMO brokers want the listing and will go along with the seller rather than telling them there is no way they will get the price they want. After a week or two with no offers, either the seller calls to ask why or the broker calls to say that the market has dropped and then the price is "reduced". By having the listing, the broker will likely eventually get a commission. If they are honest with the seller initially, the seller may just get upset and list with someone else...volume of listings is key (especially now) to staying afloat.

On the seller's side, an aggressive price will likely get negotiations going quickly and can often end with an amicable agreement where everyone wins. Once a listing lingers, it gets stale and the seller often has to get more aggressive to get anyone to take notice. It is a buyer's market even if brokers and sellers won't admit it - eventually they will get the memo!

Crazy prices! I'm holding out for lower prices as in $70+ OKW, $80 SSR, $90 AKL for smaller contracts, and even lower for larger contracts.

IMO brokers want the listing and will go along with the seller rather than telling them there is no way they will get the price they want. After a week or two with no offers, either the seller calls to ask why or the broker calls to say that the market has dropped and then the price is "reduced". By having the listing, the broker will likely eventually get a commission. If they are honest with the seller initially, the seller may just get upset and list with someone else...volume of listings is key (especially now) to staying afloat.

On the seller's side, an aggressive price will likely get negotiations going quickly and can often end with an amiable agreement where everyone wins. Once a listing lingers, it gets stale and the seller often has to get more aggressive to get anyone to take notice. It is a buyer's market even if brokers and sellers won't admit it - eventually they will get the memo!

Thanks for the insight. We're hoping for either a small SSR or AKL contract (or a small contract at both, who knows). I spoke to a broker the other evening and they were a bit aggressive about how they really don't believe the market will start falling at all and said they anticipate small AKL and small SSR (under 100pts) to not drop under $110. :rotfl2:

Oh man. Maybe I should be doing things your way. I felt a little wishy washy on my $95 offers, but looks like you're getting solid counter-offers in the 90s. :worship:

Thanks, but I'm still a contract-less loser. :rotfl2:

We have decided just to wait it out like MICKIMINI. The brokers/sellers are pretty much holding the line right now.

What do you think would be a good low ball number for BCV with 151 - this year & 210 next? They have one listed for $139 but not closing till August?
151 for 2020 or banked from 2019? 210 for which year? Is 210 the points on the listing? Which UY?

Thanks for the insight. We're hoping for either a small SSR or AKL contract (or a small contract at both, who knows). I spoke to a broker the other evening and they were a bit aggressive about how they really don't believe the market will start falling at all and said they anticipate small AKL and small SSR (under 100pts) to not drop under $110. :rotfl2:
BLA, BLA, BLA!

We were just fed a similar line this morning. Offered on a 100 point SSR contract. Obvious the broker wants to see the sale go through at the highest point. It is a sellers market, and it has only just started. We are early to the party, the brokers are late to the party....soon enough though.

Offer rejected, on the the next one.

What would you all offer on this one? It’s listed at 143.
Poly Dec Use year 135 pts

December 2019 - 54 points
December 2020 - 160 points
December 2021 - 135 points

I feel you can offer 20% off any resorts average March price and probably have a lot of luck. I'm not in a hurry so I'm offering 30% off seeing if anybody accepts or if they counter.

I feel you can offer 20% off any resorts average March price and probably have a lot of luck. I'm not in a hurry so I'm offering 30% off seeing if anybody accepts or if they counter.
I’ve been trying with 0 luck so far :(

facebook twitter