Thoughts on Lowball Offer

I would just hold off on purchasing for another few months. I'm thinking the values will continue to keep tanking.

It’s funny you posted this. I put in a lowball offer On a OKW just to see what would happen and to my surprise it was accepted. Then I didn’t posted it (even though I check the boards daily) cause I was afraid someone would tell me I was wasting my time 🤣

It’s funny you posted this. I put in a lowball offer On a OKW just to see what would happen and to my surprise it was accepted. Then I didn’t posted it (even though I check the boards daily) cause I was afraid someone would tell me I was wasting my time 🤣

No offer is offending or a waste of time. If they don’t accept, move on to another. A realtor for a seller will always preach to not low ball. Less money in their pockets.

Do not feel guilt or shame or anything else when making a lowball offer. Aside from the fact that you're not insulting anyone, this is a buyer's market where the prices have yet to come down. It is going to be lowball offers like yours that help this market correct itself. Speaking particularly to your situation, Aulani is one of the least in-demand DVC resales. It is likely that a lot of the listings have yet to receive a single offer. There might be a seller out there who is thrilled to get any interest at all. Additionally, this is a numbers game. You only need one seller to say yes. So who cares if you get rejected 19 times as long as number 20 says yes.

Good luck and don't feel badly! :)

They should be shared based on the percentage each side occupies. So maintenance fees should be somewhere in the neighborhood that they currently are, unless wages are still going up. If Hawaii decides to raise property taxes, that could also make them go up a bit. The only way for the hotel side to pay less than they are is to convert hotel rooms to villas.

Aren't they based on the percent of occupancy, not just size?

Aren't they based on the percent of occupancy, not just size?

That is what was reported by DVC many years ago to justify a higher shared cost. It was that DVC rooms had more guests vs the average hotel room.

Its hard to tell what will happen with a "Low Ball" offer. If it is accepted and it really is low ball, I would expect Disney to take it in ROFR, unless its a resort that is not having much demand for direct purchase.
Worst case, is you lose it in ROFR. Best case, it passes.
Good luck!

This is a good question--how low is too low?

I have itchy fingers...having a hard time waiting 6 more months to see where the market goes. :bored:

One thought is to just low ball about $20 lower and try to get that price now. :joker:

Last edited:

I have itchy fingers...having a hard time waiting 6 more months to see where the market goes. :bored:

One thought is to just low ball about $20 lower and try to get that price now. :joker:
Some brokers may give you a hard time but go ahead and make the offer.
Do it! The worse they can do is say now
I agree. Some brokers may give you a hard time but go ahead and make the offer.

I've been rethinking target prices the past couple days and I'm thinking down. My guess is that most "under agreement" contracts are lingering from last month. Other than the small point contacts that go no matter what, some of the new listings are just way out there, considering the economy. I'm waiting with my budget in hand too...

Okay, you can hit the send button, but you have to promise you'll let us know what happens! :rolleyes1

If its a contract you are really interested in, an offer too low is one that the seller won't even consider and won't even counter.

I totally get your point and think that would apply to most buyers; however, I am interested in SSR and there are a good number with the use year/points that I like....except for the price.

An offer $20 under asking might not be low enough... Consider AKV selling at $113 a point in March would now only be $93. We have seen sellers accept $95 so offering even lower isn't out of the question without having to wait 6 months.

An offer $20 under asking might not be low enough... Consider AKV selling at $113 a point in March would now only be $93. We have seen sellers accept $95 so offering even lower isn't out of the question without having to wait 6 months.

What do you think would be a good lowball for SSR? (100-150 point range)

What do you think would be a good lowball for SSR?
SSR average sale price in March was $104. I think low balling offers of 30% off right now might work. This would mean $73 a point. The seller can always counter and maybe meet you in the low $80s which would be closer to 20% off. No shame in trying as you might get lucky. I'm low balling Aulani right now myself...

We just put in an offer of $95 on a stripped December AKL contract. They had it listed over $115. My fiance doesn't think they'll accept but I said the worst they can do is say no. Over $115 pp for a contract you can't really touch until 2022 seems.. expensive for AKL. But that's just me. :charac2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter