Thoughts on crowds week after new years

Kmilos1024

Earning My Ears
I'm a new member so apologies if this has been asked. Assuming covid doesn't derail everything (I know big assumption). What are everyone's thoughts on crowd levels the week after new years 2022. I know most years after new years are busy, but that is when the holiday is in the middle of the week and winter school break goes that whole week. This year winter break will be over since new year is on a sat. Anyone think that's will give lower crowds or same as usual

The break will go through Monday or Tuesday for most in the area, but then the following weekend is marathon weekend, so you'll have those crowds arriving on Tuesday and Wednesday that week. While they're not going to be a huge dent in park crowds every day, the events will be something to contend with.

We’re going then since it works with my kids college breaks. Looking forward to cooler trip since we usually always used to go in June or August’s due to high school breaks.
we’ll be there for 10 days following and I’m pretty sure Run Disney weekend is in there so that weekend after will be crowded. Park crowd calendars shows that first week building up to mega crowds on the weekend, but then the second week it drops decently.

Our schools return to the classroom Jan 3rd.

Based on schools I would anticipate lower than many year crowds except, a large number of people have delayed their summer/fall trips until the new year which I feel cancels out the advantage and more. I would anticipate normal if not higher crowds than are normally crowds for that week.

The break will go through Monday or Tuesday for most in the area, but then the following weekend is marathon weekend, so you'll have those crowds arriving on Tuesday and Wednesday that week. While they're not going to be a huge dent in park crowds every day, the events will be something to contend with.

Checking in on Monday or Tuesday is your best bet to avoid New Year's crowds. The marathon runners do impact resort transportation later in the week, however it never seems to impact park crowd levels, from what we have noticed.

Keep in mind that Festival of the Arts may fall on the Friday after New Year's... just something to keep in mind. That will definitely impact crowd levels at EPCOT, especially since the marathon is that week as well.

Thanks everyone it sounds like it will be middle of the road to a little busier which is fine, were are there for 7 park days so we should have plenty of time, just wanted to have an idea of what to expect, all the responses are helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter