Those Who Responded to My Need For Advice

Teagan

what have you done today to improve the quality of
Hello All. Last week I had posted a request for advise regarding how I feel about my sweetheart's six year old daughter. I had talked about how much she and I adore each other, but that I had sometimes viewed her a a responsibility.

First of all, thanks so much to everyone who replied ... I can't tell you how much I appreciate the thought that each of you put into it.

Just wanted to update you that the three of us spent last weekend away at a cabin and it was such an amazing experience. I want both of these people in my life forever! That weekend truly solidified in my mind that this is want in my life, and I will no longer view her as a "sometimes responsibility".

Though yes of course any child is a big responsibility ... that's why I hadn't had children of my own yet. I wanted to be certain that the responsibility of shaping a life was something that I was prepared for, and wanted to do. No one can afford to take parenting lightly.

Anyway ... thank you so much!!!!

Teagan

I wish you the best of luck.

I also wanted to tell you that everything will not always go smoothly. Sometimes you will look at that child and wonder "where DID this creature come from?".

Part of being a parent (good times and bad times) is being realistic. You had a wonderful weekend. Weekend. It's not always wonderful 24/7. It is rewarding, fulfilling, frustrating, funny, awful, hateful.............

Always work hard at your relationship with him and her. That's the key to sucess with ANY relationship.

I'm glad the weekend went well. It sounds like you have a good head and your shoulders and understand the commitment you're making. That little girl and her dad are lucky to have you. Best wishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter