Those using swagbucks ???

Has anyone had issues trying to use two $25 Best Buy GC in the store to buy a $50 Disney? I have $25 in Target, waiting for the that issue to be fixed and am worried I will end up with $50 in Best buy if that is an issue. My son used to work there and he said he doesn't think it will work. (didn't work at registers though)

Has anyone had issues trying to use two $25 Best Buy GC in the store to buy a $50 Disney? I have $25 in Target, waiting for the that issue to be fixed and am worried I will end up with $50 in Best buy if that is an issue. My son used to work there and he said he doesn't think it will work. (didn't work at registers though)

I've done it before and haven't had an issue.

QUESTION: Has anyone had trouble cashing in $50 worth of BB gift cards for a Disney GC and NOT gotten their 500 points using the special QR code? I was just reading what did not qualify and it says gift cards.. or does this just mean BB GC?

QUESTION: Has anyone had trouble cashing in $50 worth of BB gift cards for a Disney GC and NOT gotten their 500 points using the special QR code? I was just reading what did not qualify and it says gift cards.. or does this just mean BB GC?
It has been working on Disney GC. I think it wouldn't work on BB GC.

ETA: Sorry I just reread where you said BB GC to pay so I am not sure.

I've done it several times with no issue. I used up to 6 buying a $200 Southwest GC (can't remember the exact number). I forget where I read a limit but it was something like 10 maybe? And that's just a general limit to the number of gift cards on one transaction.

Nope. We think this means buying a BB store gift card is excluded. I'm pretty sure all of us have been using GC's cashed out from SB to buy the Disney GC, I know that's the primary source of my BB GC's. I don't recall anyone saying they haven't got it as long as it's a $50 (or more) purchase.

No, they do not go towards your daily goal. Unfortunately, neither do referral credits, and I've never figured out why those don't count:confused3. DH and my sister usually earn 50-100 SB each per day and that earns me another 5-10 SB each day, but they do not count towards my daily goal. Sometimes, that's the difference between making my goal and just missing it...I guess that means I need to work a little harder:thumbsup2.

Thanks! I'll go ahead and redeem then!

Does anyone play SwagIQ? im hooked!

I do! I do not win very much but it is so much fun that I cannot stop playing!

I did once, on the day that they had a big pot, and I won 3549SB!! It's a bit addictive - I'm actively trying to earn as much as possible for our trip, so I haven't been playing because I'm afraid I'll get caught up and spend too many SBs to get back in if I get a question wrong.

I did once, on the day that they had a big pot, and I won 3549SB!! It's a bit addictive - I'm actively trying to earn as much as possible for our trip, so I haven't been playing because I'm afraid I'll get caught up and spend too many SBs to get back in if I get a question wrong.

I tend to use some to get back in too. I try not to do that but...I tend to have a trigger finger:rolleyes1

So my videos appeared back today, but everytime I try to click one, it loads for a second, then I get the "Oops, that one got away" message. My son said I shouldn't try using my husband's work hot spot because if they are throttling me and catch me, then might deactivate me. :( So no videos for me today.

I have been able to get nCraves at work which allows me to get to my daily goals. The program is DH and DD can't get nCraves at home on their computers. Our only saving grace is the apps which have been running relatively ok. I have my phone and iPad at work. Next week when my DD returns to school I will bring her phone and ipad to work as well and run the apps.

...... I have $25 in Target, waiting for the that issue to be fixed ......

I don't think the Target issue is going to be fixed. I went there today - just posted this on the Target thread....

So...I could not use target gc to buy disney gc directly. But I could ring up all my other things with the disney gift card. When it came time to pay it only took the target gc amount for the other items I bought. I had to use another form of payment (I used my red card) for the disney gc. This was on self-checkout.

This, to me, is confirmation that the policy has in fact changed. Others here posted that when the computer "glitch" first appeared disney gc had to be rung up totally separate from any items that were being paid for with a target gc. Looks like they worked out that kink and everything can be rung up together - as long as you pay for the disney gc some other way. Still have some free target gc money I will just use as I did today. But my earnings from swagbucks, etc will be used mostly for Paypal for now and maybe Walmart if they keep letting us buy disney gc with a walmart gc.

I bought a gift card to fill my Swaggo board. It’s for my dad for Father’s Day, but it’s an ecard. Is there a chance the amount will be stolen before I gift it in June, like with cards from raise? I’ve never bought a gift card from this place before.

I don't think the Target issue is going to be fixed. I went there today - just posted this on the Target thread....

So...I could not use target gc to buy disney gc directly. But I could ring up all my other things with the disney gift card. When it came time to pay it only took the target gc amount for the other items I bought. I had to use another form of payment (I used my red card) for the disney gc. This was on self-checkout.

This, to me, is confirmation that the policy has in fact changed. Others here posted that when the computer "glitch" first appeared disney gc had to be rung up totally separate from any items that were being paid for with a target gc. Looks like they worked out that kink and everything can be rung up together - as long as you pay for the disney gc some other way. Still have some free target gc money I will just use as I did today. But my earnings from swagbucks, etc will be used mostly for Paypal for now and maybe Walmart if they keep letting us buy disney gc with a walmart gc.

OH NO! I just cashed out $75 in Target GCs for Disney GC purchases. Well I guess it is time I get a paypal account now so that I can start getting paypal money.

Here is what I found on Target:

Are there any exceptions for purchasing gift cards?
Target GiftCards can’t be used to purchase the following:
  • American Express, Visa, Mastercard and iTunes gift cards in store or from Target.com.
  • Specialty gift cards from Target.com, including gift cards for gaming, music and restaurants, such as Xbox and Olive Garden.
  • Target GiftCards from Target.com.
I just chatted with someone on Target and this what they told me:

Me: I heard a rumor that I can no longer use target Gift cards to buy Disney gift cards, is that true?
Joushua: Actually you can purchase the GiftCard's using a GiftCard at store.
Joushua: In order to purchase a GiftCard on Target.com, you'll have to use the credit/debit card.

Last edited:
Has anyone created a "dummy" email account for all those sign ups under Discover? I don't really want my personal email filled with junk but I could easily created a free gmail account to use.

I bought a gift card to fill my Swaggo board. It’s for my dad for Father’s Day, but it’s an ecard. Is there a chance the amount will be stolen before I gift it in June, like with cards from raise? I’ve never bought a gift card from this place before.

There's always a chance, but I think it's small. MGCP isn't a reseller like Raise where they are selling someone else's GC, MGCP is more like Gift Card Mall. They're selling you a new gift card for that retailer. So it's about the same chance as buying it from the store.

Has anyone created a "dummy" email account for all those sign ups under Discover? I don't really want my personal email filled with junk but I could easily created a free gmail account to use.

Yup!

Unless it's a paid offer that I'm sure is ok and high value (Hulu, JustFab are the two I've done) I've used all gmail accounts I made up just for discover type offers for all the spam.

I actually have several now that I use just for that since some (lifescript, for one) using yet another address is the only way to get them to credit sometimes. Also it's worth doing the thing mentioned earlier in this thread about adding random periods to a gmail address (since it'll still go to you and work) to a throwaway address - to give myself a bunch of variations of each throwaway address.

I definitely would NOT use your "real" email address for all those random discovers or you'll get so much spam/junk/yucky links you'll no doubt be bummed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter