Those using swagbucks ???

Comcast limits you on internet data? Its this 4G like a phone? Do you Have an internet only plan? We have fios and I don't think we have limits.... We stream a lot on Netflix and Amazon prime. This is something new to me!

We didn't know there was because we've never had the problem before. There's only 2 of us and I use the internet the most so it seems crazy that a house of 2 would hit it. Yes I run a lot of ncraves and the apps but it doesn't seem like adding some streaming should have puahed it that far when we didn't have the problem last Dec. We already pay a ridiculous amount. Its over 100 for internet ans phone we don't use because it's cheaper to bundle. They are our only option though. We'll see how it goes when I call tomorrow.

We didn't know there was because we've never had the problem before. There's only 2 of us and I use the internet the most so it seems crazy that a house of 2 would hit it. Yes I run a lot of ncraves and the apps but it doesn't seem like adding some streaming should have puahed it that far when we didn't have the problem last Dec. We already pay a ridiculous amount. Its over 100 for internet ans phone we don't use because it's cheaper to bundle. They are our only option though. We'll see how it goes when I call tomorrow.

Crazy! We have Comcast and Fios in our area (along with Dish and Direct TV) so we have some competition. I still pay for things we don't use for your same reason, its cheaper to bundle!

Crazy! We have Comcast and Fios in our area (along with Dish and Direct TV) so we have some competition. I still pay for things we don't use for your same reason, its cheaper to bundle!

We also have century link but they stopped putting the line in right before our house so we wait for them to expand more. They are cheaper according to their commercials. We live in a suburb of Seattle so we're not away from anything. It's frustrating.

Lots of gifts from Swagbucks today
1- a low first goal!!!!
2- SwagCode good for 5 more hours for 6 SB: Christmas2017
3- a special collector bill for Christmas for 25 SB, and an accompanying bonus of 5 SB.
Wishing everyone a great holiday, and lots of Swagbuvks!

It took me a minute but I got the 25 SB collector bill! Thanks for the heads up!

I searched for about 40 minutes....nothing! :(

ETA...finally got it, awesome :-)

Last edited:
We also have century link but they stopped putting the line in right before our house so we wait for them to expand more. They are cheaper according to their commercials. We live in a suburb of Seattle so we're not away from anything. It's frustrating.

This is the same for us. Our options here in a suburb of Denver is Century Link or Comcast. Century Link has not upgraded their wiring so it would be cheaper but much slower speeds. Or we can go with Comcast but they were limiting our data since we did not have cable with them. We were getting cut off by the 20th of each month SO, last month, we dropped the land line and upgraded our internet to the unlimited package. We are only paying $10 more per month than we were paying before so not too bad.

My family in TX all has many more options for internet (and much better speeds) than us and yes, it is frustrating!

This is the same for us. Our options here in a suburb of Denver is Century Link or Comcast. Century Link has not upgraded their wiring so it would be cheaper but much slower speeds. Or we can go with Comcast but they were limiting our data since we did not have cable with them. We were getting cut off by the 20th of each month SO, last month, we dropped the land line and upgraded our internet to the unlimited package. We are only paying $10 more per month than we were paying before so not too bad.

My family in TX all has many more options for internet (and much better speeds) than us and yes, it is frustrating!

I have the choice between AT&T and Comcast. My parents had U-verse and the internet speed was like dial up...terrible. We've had Comcast forever and I hate it, but it's really the only viable choice we have. It's so ridiculous....we have ONE TV...one cable box...NO HD service, NO premium channels, NO DVR, nothing special. Our internet is the mid-tier since we do a LOT of streaming and we are hitting our 1TB data limit almost every month. We don't have the bundled phone service either. Our bill is almost $170 a month. I think that is so ridiculous for this day and age...no HD channels and no DVR and we can only watch on ONE TV??? I mean, I can sit in my bedroom and stream live TV to my iPad, but then I am using up data from my 1TB allowance and so that's not really a benefit. We don't even really watch that much live TV at home, but I do a lot of streaming of things like HGTV, Fox Sports and ESPN while I'm at work.

In the condo community I live in the whole complex can get U-verse with a 1TB cap per month, with the fastest speed being speed being 50MB. Half can get Spectrum with no data cap (by law can't have one until 2019) with speeds being up to 100MB. The other half has Comcast with a 1TB cap with speeds up to 75MB.

I am in one of four buildings in my complex that can access all three. We have Spectrum right now, but between my wife and myself we use well over 1.5TB a month. If (more like when) Spectrum goes to having a cap it is going to be cheaper to have two different internet services than paying the overage fee. It is BS that companies are imposing a data cap, and it is only going to get worse I am afraid.

We're paying an extra 30 a month to boost our speed, yet netflix will still stop and buffer while watching something, so I don't see how that is making things faster. I wanted to look at our options online but it's making us call to do it which is so annoying. I also discovered that when my mom switched our internet around she ended up in a 24 month contract, so I'm not sure we can even do anything. I also couldn't figure out how much data we had used and what we had left or how much we had been using each month. Comcasts website sucks.

We have directv bundled with our cell phones which saves us there and like it and don't want to go back to comcast cable.

I don't understand how some places can have so many options while others have one or two if they are lucky. I've also read about how people have choices with their electricity some places back east which is baffling to me.

We're paying an extra 30 a month to boost our speed, yet netflix will still stop and buffer while watching something, so I don't see how that is making things faster. I wanted to look at our options online but it's making us call to do it which is so annoying. I also discovered that when my mom switched our internet around she ended up in a 24 month contract, so I'm not sure we can even do anything. I also couldn't figure out how much data we had used and what we had left or how much we had been using each month. Comcasts website sucks.

We have directv bundled with our cell phones which saves us there and like it and don't want to go back to comcast cable.

I don't understand how some places can have so many options while others have one or two if they are lucky. I've also read about how people have choices with their electricity some places back east which is baffling to me.
Our main options are xfinity and fios. I can’t believe how much others pay. I pay $125/month for cable (with hd and free hbo), two boxes including multi room dvr, phone (because it’s bundled), and 50/50 Internet with no limit. Would be $135 for 75/75. I guess I’m somewhat lucky.

LOL I would KILL to have the internet options you all have!! No Comcast or Verizon in my area. Verizon has actually told me and my neighbors that they will NEVER come to our area. Most of my neighbors have internet through Directv or HughesNet, all of which they say is terrible. I have a Sprint MiFi card. I pay $110 a month for 30 GBs of internet. I can stream a couple hour long shows along with my normal internet usage (aka no nCraves on Swagbucks) and cannot hook my cell phone up to my home Wifi so I also pay for unlimited data. This is in addition to the $70/month I pay Directv for tv service.

Comcast did agree to come to our area earlier this year, but have yet to actually break ground anywhere. They have quoted me $7500 just to run the cable down my less than a 1/4 mile long driveway.

LOL I would KILL to have the internet options you all have!! No Comcast or Verizon in my area. Verizon has actually told me and my neighbors that they will NEVER come to our area. Most of my neighbors have internet through Directv or HughesNet, all of which they say is terrible. I have a Sprint MiFi card. I pay $110 a month for 30 GBs of internet. I can stream a couple hour long shows along with my normal internet usage (aka no nCraves on Swagbucks) and cannot hook my cell phone up to my home Wifi so I also pay for unlimited data. This is in addition to the $70/month I pay Directv for tv service.

Comcast did agree to come to our area earlier this year, but have yet to actually break ground anywhere. They have quoted me $7500 just to run the cable down my less than a 1/4 mile long driveway.
I have a friend in a more rural part of our area with a half mile long driveway and he can only get satellite internet. He works from home several days a week so he needs decent internet. Whenever he’s over visiting he can’t believe I let swagbucks run non-stop. His kids also complain because they can’t stream anything. I guess this is a perk of being in an established neighborhood in a suburb. I took it for granted.

Our main options are xfinity and fios. I can’t believe how much others pay. I pay $125/month for cable (with hd and free hbo), two boxes including multi room dvr, phone (because it’s bundled), and 50/50 Internet with no limit. Would be $135 for 75/75. I guess I’m somewhat lucky.

Our internet and phone bundle is almost that much which is nuts. I think we need to get rid of the speed boost. But I can't even see what plans are available to us and I know looking at the plans for new customers won't help. I like to see my options in front of me but I don't like going to their store, I don't trust the people there any more than the people on the phone. It's how we ended up paying so much for the internet when Mom switched it and I thought we got rid of the booster over a year ago but it's still there. I can't even threaten to cancel due to the contract and no options. I'm already stressing about how difficult this call will be because of how ridiculous their phone people are and I realize they are doing their job but they could actually listen and people helpful instead of not doing those things.

I can't even imagine, though hughes is our other option. We won't go that route but I still don't understand why that's your only option and why we only have one. And that cost to run it to a house is crazy. I would imagine you could find someone else to run the wire and then comcast could hook it up at the pole or something. They can't be the only option or I'd try and negotiate that price.

Yep, even with the higher speed internet, our netflix will still pause to buffer.

We did have to call Comcast also. We could do nothing online so thankfully, my dh called to deal with them. Also, did have to extend our contract out another 12 mos (we were still under contract). But the cancellation (or contract breaking fee) was surprisingly small. I think it's like $60 if/when we cancel.

Between having two teens who stream netflix and youtube, little kids who stream disney jr and pbs kids, dh & I streaming, trying to run SB's for 4 computers (me, dh, teens), it was just getting crazy how fast we were running through the data.

My mom lives in a rural area outside of Houston and this is basically the types of internet options she has also. She could never stream SB's. Just doing some internet browsing each day uses a ton of her allotted amount.

Yep, even with the higher speed internet, our netflix will still pause to buffer.

We did have to call Comcast also. We could do nothing online so thankfully, my dh called to deal with them. Also, did have to extend our contract out another 12 mos (we were still under contract). But the cancellation (or contract breaking fee) was surprisingly small. I think it's like $60 if/when we cancel.

Between having two teens who stream netflix and youtube, little kids who stream disney jr and pbs kids, dh & I streaming, trying to run SB's for 4 computers (me, dh, teens), it was just getting crazy how fast we were running through the data.

Was surprisingly not a bad call, though I did have a guy that was obviously still training on things based on when he'd mute me and actually hearing the trainer once through the phone. Was able to get unlimited for only 20 more than we were paying a month by also getting rid of the speed booster thing that was 30. So we're both happy and Mom added me so I can call in on my own without having her start the call. We did get 1 month free of their xfinity app tv thing that I'll have to call and cancel since we don't want it.

Oh happy day! Merry Christmas! This is the fastest I've ever had an in-store offer credit!

12/26/17
Shop: Kiwi In-Store
+1,500 SB

I went over and checked my MyPoints account and I got my credit there too! I am assuming that this was credit for the offer that included the purchase of the kit for $11. I assume that the offer for the purchase of 2+ products is the one that did not credit. I will let that one slide for now. If it doesn't credit after 30 days, maybe I will submit a ticket for it. If it doesn't credit, I won't press the issue.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter