those of you with expensive cars

:rolleyes1
Oh please-each post of yours is very troll-worthy
popcorn::

I guess Countess Lu-Ann was right.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEDvlSAMhQU
The reason I posted what I did was because this lottery winner did not want to get some great ideas. This lottery winner seemed to want everyone on the budget board know she did not have to budget and could rub it in the faces of those putting coins in a jar that she wanted to stay a month at The Poly's King Suite. BTW I agree budget are for all (my Grandfather died with quite a large estate but he also drove an older car and wore the same clothes for years...why? because what he had still worked..he budgeted..but then he also earned his money) but that is not the reason for the visit.

The reason I posted what I did was because this lottery winner did not want to get some great ideas. This lottery winner seemed to want everyone on the budget board know she did not have to budget and could rub it in the faces of those putting coins in a jar that she wanted to stay a month at The Poly's King Suite. BTW I agree budget are for all (my Grandfather died with quite a large estate but he also drove an older car and wore the same clothes for years...why? because what he had still worked..he budgeted..but then he also earned his money) but that is not the reason for the visit.

I didn't come to the budget board and tell people about my future plans of staying at the Polynesian for an extended stay. I believe that post was on the resort board, which is the proper place for it, if I'm not mistaken. If other posters looked up my posts, that's not really my fault. Initially, I came to this board because a Disney rewards Visa thread caught my eye. I didn't come to this board to 'rub anything' in anyone's face. That much is clear.

I didn't come to the budget board and tell people about my future plans of staying at the Polynesian for an extended stay. I believe that post was on the resort board, which is the proper place for it, if I'm not mistaken. If other posters looked up my posts, that's not really my fault. Initially, I came to this board because a Disney rewards Visa thread caught my eye. I didn't come to this board to 'rub anything' in anyone's face. That much is clear.

Exactly - 1jackpot actually answered the OP's question, and people jumping on her for being wealthy is ridiculous. Other peoples jealousy is not her fault or problem
Honestly, tracking down other posts on other boards?

:rolleyes1
Oh please-each post of yours is very troll-worthy
popcorn::

I guess Countess Lu-Ann was right.............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEDvlSAMhQU

Read her posts on the DIS-suites for a month, private planes, no budget...;)

If you read my original post in this thread, you will see the majority of my answer had to do with the benefits of an SUV versus a minivan. Only when asked and confronted about how I made my purchase did I answer. I didn't come to this thread going 'look at me!! I have millions in the bank'.

I have no idea who your 'countess luann' is, but I certainly wouldn't take advice from supposed royalty singing on YouTube.

I'm not trying to be rude, but it's really no one's business how I afford an extended Disney stay or if I choose to take a vacation with no budget. (you implied my whole life is 'no budget', which simply isn't true).

I've dealt with some ugly feelings from strangers in the past. Jealousy is a very ugly emotion to harbor. We all know you will come back with a 'I'm not jealous' type of a statement, but it's VERY evident in your posts.

I would also like to apologize to the OP. Your thread has taken an unexpected detour and I am sorry.

I would say you either make a larger down payment, pay for more months or make the larger payment.

Also it is not a law in NY that children under 12 can't sit in the front. I agree the back seat is safer but it isn't required.

NHSTA recommends that all children age 12 and under ride in the back seat. This is NOT a law.

Exactly - 1jackpot actually answered the OP's question, and people jumping on her for being wealthy is ridiculous. Other peoples jealousy is not her fault or problem
Honestly, tracking down other posts on other boards?

You mean other forums. Any post on the disboards can easily be seen by anyone, even though it may be in a different forum of the board. Each forum does not exist in a vacuum.

I drive a 2008 Toyota Sienna that I love. It is my third Sienna - the first did great in Upstate NY winters for 6 years. The second was AWD and did great on unplowed WV roads (except that the run flat tires were really expensive), and the third has no reason to worry about snow where we live now! :goodvibes

But if you don't like minvans, you don't like minivans. DH just bought a 2012 Toyota Highlander with a third row seat. It cost about the same as my Sienna and is smaller, but he feels better driving it. :rotfl2: His car is plenty functional for the soccer carpool, but we will still take mine on vacation - it has a lot more storage space if you need to use the third row for people. You can buy the Highlander without all the bells, whistles, leather, etc. that DH bought, and I think the base model is about $10K less than his car.

As others said before me, you can

1. pay cash for your cars
2. put down a large downpayment (or have a trade-in worth a good amount)
3. buy used
4. finance longer (I personally don't recommend this, but it is an option)
5. lease (maybe?) - not sure this is a good deal for most people, but I do know people who leased nice cars so they would have a lower payment
6. budget for higher payments.

I've dealt with some ugly feelings from strangers in the past. Jealousy is a very ugly emotion to harbor. We all know you will come back with a 'I'm not jealous' type of a statement, but it's VERY evident in your posts.
I'm jealous! ;) I'll never win the lottery, but hey. I am sure there are headaches that go along with it.

what i make a month watching them will way more than cover the cost of a bigger car payment, more gas costs and insurance.

not to mention the fact that when i have kids in after school activities they need to get to just staying home isnt an option!

Than what's the issue? You just said you can afford it, so go ahead and buy it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter