Those Famous Room Service Cookies...meh

rere101399

DISmom
On our first cruise recently we were excited to order those huge chocolate chip cookies that get so much lip service. One thing led to another and it was probably an hour between when they arrived and when we finally tried them. I have never been so disappointed. They truly tasted like overcooked plastic. The plastic wrap flavor was the only thing drowning out the overdone flavor of the cookie itself. I mean it was awful. Did we get a bad batch? Is it because we didn’t unwrap and eat them immediately? Has anyone else been so underwhelmed with these that they spit out the first bite and couldn’t touch a cookie again all week? We saw other cookies during the week, like at Cookies Too, and they all appeared to be the same well done cookie. Whether or not they tasted borderline burnt and like plastic wrap was what we couldn’t decide but didn’t want to stomach again. Trying to decide if it’s worth trying again on our upcoming cruise.

The quality of the cookies isn't what it once was. I had one on our cruise last Nov and it wasn't as good as I remember. I think I took one or two bited and stopped. I liked it better when you could get them "fresh" on deck or at least on Castaway. I think the plastic doesn't help.

The quality of the cookies isn't what it once was. I had one on our cruise last Nov and it wasn't as good as I remember. I think I took one or two bited and stopped. I liked it better when you could get them "fresh" on deck or at least on Castaway. I think the plastic doesn't help.

I totally agree. On our latest cruise I felt the quality had gone down drastically. My youngest said she couldn't remember a difference. IDK maybe someone who goes more frequently can tell as it was 18 months between cruises for us.

Oh man my family still teases me about ,"And we can get a cookie!".
First cruise 2009...they were no big deal then! Now its a family joke on me if I mention anything good I've read on the dis.

I honestly didn't order them for room service my last couple of cruises, so it's been a few years since I've had them, but we requested that they warm them up and that along with milk made them enjoyable. With that being said, I never would have classified them as one of the best cookies I've had.

I'm hearing you! Not my specialty...but now I may try them this time as an ice cream sandwich...yummy!

We like to order them with Mickey ice cream bars to make our own late night ice cream sandwich! Mmmmm! Can’t wait!!

they've always been overcooked to me too. Heating helps, ice cream helps, but amazing cookies they are not.

Yes, overcooked is the best description. I make a killer chocolate chip cookie at home and these are almost endible in comparison. It isn't hard to make a decent cookie, even is mass production, so I don't understand they they have been this bad for so long. I had my first in 2013, and couldn't figure out why people thought they were so good.

We had 4 delivered every night with other room service items on our last cruise (18 months ago) and they were good. We'll just have to try them again and compare!!

Speaking of subpar cookies, what is up with Disney and pizza? I would bet $1,000 that I could help them make a much better pizza at the same price. Who is the chef designing these recipes? It isn't rocket science. Even sports stadiums can make an edible pie with cheap ingredients, but Disney, whether in their parks or on their ships, can't make one that is even slightly edible.

Speaking of subpar cookies, what is up with Disney and pizza? I would bet $1,000 that I could help them make a much better pizza at the same price. Who is the chef designing these recipes? It isn't rocket science. Even sports stadiums can make an edible pie with cheap ingredients, but Disney, whether in their parks or on their ships, can't make one that is even slightly edible.
I agree, even the cheapest frozen pizza out there is better that what Disney serves.

Are the room service cookies the same as the ones you can get up on the pool deck? Or are they supposed to be more closely matched to the ones you get on Castaway? I'll admit, the ones on Castaway are definitely in my top 5 chocolate chip cookie rankings!

Are the room service cookies the same as the ones you can get up on the pool deck? Or are they supposed to be more closely matched to the ones you get on Castaway? I'll admit, the ones on Castaway are definitely in my top 5 chocolate chip cookie rankings!

They look just like the Castaway ones but come wrapped tightly to a plate in plastic wrap. I didn’t taste the ones on CC though.

They're all the same. All made onboard..

I don’t hear people raving about the room service cookies. I hear them raving about the big island cookies. Those are tasty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter