This is your 24th Anniversary? But you're so young!~A 5/12 TR!*PTR link pg 49, 9/14!*

It sounds like your travel went so smoothly- other than forgetting the AP! :scared1: That is always nice when there are no major "hiccups". I'm sorry you did not get the balcony you wanted. Were you hoping for a room with two queen beds? Or why did you not want just the king? Your room looks gorgeous and it must be awesome to be able to walk to Epcot through the IG. I am excited to continue reading!!!!

I'm just joining in :wave2:

So jealous of your Beach Club room! Would love to stay there.

Oh I'm OCD about alarms on important days too. 3 alarms is not out of the question in my house!
What a quick and easy travel day. I'm so jealous!
I think that the one bed and the day bed are kind of nice, if it's a king. If not... yeah that's a little odd.
EPCOT! Man it must be so nice to just walk there! My favourite park!
Can't wait for Le Cellier!

Oh no, Brandon left his AP at home?! It is nice that they can print out a new one. That's partly why it took us so long to get ours on our arrival day-the CM took down all the info from our driver's license in case they were misplaced.

YAY for finally being at Disney World! Bummer about not getting your balcony request. The room still looks nice though! And I think I spot your new VB bag...so cute! ;)

I am the same way about alarms. I am convinced I will sleep through something so I set many alarms and make DH set several too!:lmao:

We forgot our tickets to MNSSHP several years ago. It was before I knew about DIS (rookie mistake:mad:) so we lost an hour, driving back to get them. We even tried calling Disney from the road that day and were having major phone/computer problems that by the time we got through, we were back home and just got the tickets. Now, I know better;)

I am with you...walking through IG is the BEST! I love how easy and quiet it is to go through the turnstiles and get into Epcot.

Can't wait to hear what's next!

I don't think it's strange that you took a picture of your luggage. I'd be happy to see mine too. It means no lost luggage for me.

Your room looks so pretty. I think only having one bed makes the room look so much larger. Unless you like to use both beds, then that's a problem.

Starting off with lunch at Le Cellier gets bonus points. My favorite place to eat. Did you get the cheddar cheese soup? I could make a whole meal out of that delicious pretzel bread and soup.

New reader here! Great start!!

I do the SAME thing with alarms on travel day! I end up not sleeping well since I'm so nervous I'll sleep too late!

I can totally sympathize with getting emotional at Disney! On a trip in Nov 2010 my grandpa had just passed away, and his funeral was the day before we left. That first night at Illuminations I cried, it just really moved me. I just felt him there with us, ya know?

Sorry now onto happy things!! :) I'm in & can't wait to hear all about it!!

Looks like there are a bunch of us that have issues with alarms! LOL

If I have to get up early the next morning, then the night before just as I am getting into bed, I set the alarm to go off in a few minutes - just to make sure if works...so if I'm in bed at 9pm, I set the alarm for 9:03.....any one else???...or am I the only lunatic that does that...LOL

Sorry about the balcony....I do like the kind bed though...the room looks really big...

Every single trip, I tell myself it will be the last one, and then I plan another trip and what happens? We're taking the earliest flight to Florida. I can't help it, why should I fly down there in the middle of the day and lose all of those Disney hours when we can get there at 9:30 or 10 am and have basically the entire day?

I am the same way. Our first trip we lost an entire day because DH hates to travel so I planned a later flight. Only I can't sleep before vacation anyway....and we have a 2 hour drive to MHT, so it is still pretty early to get up even with a later flight. This time DH is not invited ;) So we are leaving super early and getting there in the morning so we can hop right to a park.

I was about in full panic mode at that moment, until I remembered...I'm a DIS'er, I can figure this out. So I pulled out my phone, got on DIS Theme Parks and Strategies board and looked for the Tickets sticky thread...sure enough, there was a whole section on replacing lost tickets, and what to do if you lose an AP! All we would have to do was go to a ticket window and he could show his ID and get a new one printed out. Whew. Crisis averted.

Ha ha... love this. "I'm a DIS'er, I can figure this out". So true....you can find out anything at all on here!

There is just something about seeing that sign that brings tears to your eyes, doesn't it? I was just SO happy to be there, I got really emotional. I was so happy to be back in my favorite place on earth!

You are not the only one. I got all teary eyed on the M.E. bus! Yep, my son was so excited to be at Disney and I was just so happy to share it with him, I was crying like a dork on the frickin bus! :sad2:

I was kind of disappointed. I know, I was shocked too!

They probably thought they were doing you a favor with the big King bed on your honeymoon. I've never been a big fan of the BC room decor. The bathroom scares me, and I don't love the carpet. I do love the hotel, and I wouldn't let the rooms stop me from staying there, but I just think they could've done better.

Great start! Nothing beats walking into your first park! I can't wait....2 months from today and I will be back there!

See? That is why I don't leave ANYTHING up to my BF when it comes to packing! I do it all so I KNOW what we have and what we don't!

I can't wait to be able to use the IG! Not until next year, but I'll get there!

I know exactly why you were so emotional...you were in DISNEY WORLD...and it WASN'T RAINING!!!!! :dance3::dance3:

:thumbsup2 Yippee! Great start!

I know I must have missed it in the PTR, but I thought you were going to surprise Brandon with the resort choice? Hadn't you told him you were staying elsewhere for this trip or am I really confused? I should probably go back to the PTR because I know I missed quite a few updates! ;)

Can't wait to read more!

I'm joining in! Ahh first chapters are always my favorite. I think it's because my favorite part of the trip is always the first day. I'm always just so happy to be there. I know that the room wasn't what you were hoping for which is a bummer but to me the room looks beautiful! I hope it didn't bother you too much through out your trip.

Great start...I want to be there NOW!!

I can totally relate to getting emotional. Illuminations gets me every time! My DH laughs at me but I just can't help it. I love the time we spend together as a family at Disney. We work really hard all year to be able to go and I cherish our family time.

I think your BC room looks lovely!! I understand the disappointment about the balcony, though. When we were on our honeymoon at AKL we didn't get the king room we requested, which kind of bummed me out at first, but we got over it. ;)

I agree about the IG entrance - we've never stayed at any of those resorts, but did eat at YC once and walked back to Epcot, and it was just so beautiful! We kind of felt like we were part of some secret club walking in that way. :lmao:

Glad to hear the AP was re-printable! Whew! Looking forward to hearing about Le Cellier - Yum!

So, I have to laugh...when I was thinking up ideas for my TR titles, all that kept coming to mind where things like, "The one where..." and I kept telling myself, "I can't use Friends references in my report, nobody'll even remember that show.":rotfl: And when I saw your title, I literally laughed out loud.

I think Friends is becoming a major trend here on the DISboards, which is perfectly all right!:thumbsup2

That balcony is kind of a joke, and it's especially disappointing, because I know you wanted to have some pool and relaxation time on this trip. Plus, after your WL room, BC doesn't measure up. :confused3 However, I kind of liked the room, but I feel like they should've just put a sleeper sofa in the room instead of the weird daybed. :rolleyes:

Ahhh, back in Disney! And starting your trip with your favorite park and one of your favorite meals...what could be better?!

I cannot believe Brandon forgot his AP. Wait a minute, yes, yes, I can. Such a typical guy thing. I NEVER let Mark carry anything that we need to get into the park, our resort (he's lucky I give him $20 to put in his wallet for fear he'll lose that too :lmao::lmao::lmao:).

So glad the flight was smooth and 30 minutes early to boot! That is great.

Sorry you weren't thrilled with your room and balcony (although it is a lot better than someone else's TR I glanced where the room had two beds, but no daybed, the room was a disaster -- peeling paper, dirty boards on the bottom of the wall, dirty bathroom, dirty patio, etc.--let's just say she was not impressed with the BC at all).

Glad you got to Epcot and that Brandon was able to get his new AP and YOU arrived!

Yay the Party has started!!!! :cool1:

I LOVE Friends!!! Good "borrowed" idea ;)

SOOOO glad that Brandon got the AP situation resolved. That could have been bad!

YAY for your room being ready and it looks so cute, even if it wasn't EXACTLY what you expected or wanted ;)

I can not wait to hear more! pixiedust:

Yay! Disney day! :cool1: I do the same thing when we drive down...I always say we're going to split the drive up over two days, but then we end up frantically driving as far as we can because I don't want to waste a second in Disney World!

Thank goodness for Brandon's alarm! ;)

HAHA he thought he didn't need his AP? :rolleyes: Silly boy.

That plane is really cool! Haha that's funny that you can see your luggage!

Wow you guys got there so early!

I'm sorry you weren't really happy with you room. I love king sized beds! :goodvibes It stinks you didn't get your balcony, though.

If there's anywhere to go for people to understand your emotions while arriving at Disney, it's here on the DIS!

YAY LE CELLIER! :dance3:

I'm an over-checker of alarms too! But usually I wake up before they go off anyways! :laughing:

Glad to hear that there was an easy solution to Brandon leaving his AP at home!! :headache:

I'm sorry to hear your BC room was a disappointment! The room does look a little off-balance with the daybed! Hopefully it worked out well for you!

I usually wake up before alarms go off too, especially on Disney days, but I was just so exhausted that night, it didn't happen for some reason! :scared1:

I knew when we got the AP's the CM told me if we ever lost one, they are easy to replace, but I had to double check with the DIS to make sure! I'm glad we didn't have to turn around! :thumbsup2

The room was ok, there were more things that annoyed me about it when we went back later in the day though...

Following along!! I did my little cousins Flat Stanley, and it was a lot of fun! Can't wait to read more :goodvibes

:welcome: Thanks for joining! The Flat Stanley thing was so much fun!

Ahhhhh! Nothing as wonderful as arriving in WDW!

That balcony is disappointing... but I think the room is very pretty! And I have major resort envy- someday I will stay at the Beach Club!

I know, I wish every day of my life could be as exciting as Disney Arrival Day! :jumping3:

Yeah, the balcony was tiny, really annoying! I'm not really sure why they did that with the BC but not the Yacht Club! You should definitely stay at the BC someday, it's beautiful there!

Ahhh you're there!!!! :woohoo: I think I will cry when I see the gates on our next trip...between being so overwhelmed at being back and then happiness that I'll be on my honeymoon, emotions will take over!

Epcot :yay: Can't wait to hear about your Le Cellier meal!

P.S. When are you going back?! Your dates might overlap mine!

OMG being at Disney on your honeymoon is so amazing, you are probably going to cry multiple times during your trip! :goodvibes

I love Epcot, I have to start my trip there, and I usually like to end it there too!

As of now, the dates for our trip is 11/9-11/17, but we might add a day at the beginning or end, if i can talk Brandon into it...and I'd much rather add at the beginning to get in more F&W time! :drinking1 When are you going again? I feel like I should know this!

Friends titles are AWESOME. I don't even mind a little bit because it turns out it wasn't my idea first anyway! Hahah I started reading DDuck's 'Drunk Little Cucumber' TR a couple months after I started mine and I was like, oh, okay... yeah. Same thing happening. But it's cool! We can be like the Dis-Friends club. Best show ever meets best place ever. :thumbsup2

I'm the same way with alarms! Especially if it's for something really important! OMG AP FREAKOUT. Hahah! Maybe Brandon was confused about the meaning of the world 'annual' haha!

THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN DISNEY THERAPY!!!

Yay, I'm glad you don't mind that I'm using the "Friends" style titles! :rotfl: I might not do all of them that way, I mean, there are always Stacey quotes I can use too! :thumbsup2 I love that show so much, but you know what annoys me? The ones where Joey and Rachel try to date...ugh, I don't like those episodes at all, and those are the ones that are on TBS right now!

Haha, I can't believe Brandon thought we didn't need our AP's! :sad2: The whole reason I got them in October was because we wanted to go back in May, and he thought they were expired! He's so strange sometimes!

I wish I could go to Disney every time I had a bad day, it would make life so much easier!

I'm here! And I prefer to think I'm right on time since you just posted the first update (instead of being 4 pages behind) :rotfl2:

Can't wait for more! It will help get me through the next 2 weeks and 3 days until we take DD to the World for the first time! :cheer2:

:welcome: You are definitely on time, you didn't miss anything! :thumbsup2

Wow, you're going in 2 weeks? I'm so jealous! I know, crazy right, since I just got back, but...I'm already ready to go back! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!