This is your 24th Anniversary? But you're so young!~A 5/12 TR!*PTR link pg 49, 9/14!*

YAY! Another TR!! Joining in!!:thumbsup2

:welcome: Thanks for joining!

Hi Jen, I'm here! :wave2: I know you weren't thrilled with the balcony on your room, but WOW(!), that BC room is gorgeous! What a perfect backdrop for an anniversary trip. :cloud9:

I feel the same way you do about Disney. The more I go, the more obsessed I get (and I have the DVC contract to prove it! :lmao:). My Disney playlist is on an almost-constant loop in my car. And when I was sick with the flu last week, Franklin watched the 2012 Disney planning video with me to try and make me feel better. Speaking of Franklin, I got my "refuse to say I'm addicted to Disney" significant other onto the Dis, I think Brandon should join us!

What happened with Brandon is exactly why I love having an AP, I don't have to be so bonkers about losing it (it's ALWAYS replaceable).

And finally, I love the IG. It feels like a private entrance to Epcot. It's always so peaceful and beautiful back there. Sigh. These next 143 days need to move quicker!

Hi, glad you're here! OMG I'm so behind on your TR, I know, I will catch up this weekend I hope, I'm so behind on a lot of them!

Haha, I'm not sure I'd want Brandon to join the DIS...he knows I'm on here, he knows I'm a little Disney crazy, but I'm not sure I'd want him to know the extent of it, you know? :rotfl2: I'd love to buy a small DVC contract someday, but that will have to be years from now! And I'd only want one at either WL or BC, so that's probably pretty impossible! :confused3

I'm glad it's so easy to replace an AP, I was a bit freaked out for a little while!

I love the IG! I thought I'd miss going into Epcot through the front and hearing "Legacy" playing, but they had the Fantasia soundtrack playing in the front of the park for the Flower and Garden festival so I was happy to go in through the back! (I mean, I love Fantasia, but I was happy I wasn't missing my lovely Epcot entrance music! :cool1:)

I wish I was down to 143 days. I'm at 174. :sad2:

I agree with Marissa, we should just have this DIS Friends club, because anything related to Friends is awesome! Case and point:

Ross: Joey what would you do if you were omnipotent?

Joey: I would kill myself!

Ross: No, OMNIpotent.

Joey: Dude, I'm so sorry.

:lmao: Every day I could watch this.

That is weird that you guys had one bed. Was it at least a king bed? I'd be okay with it if it was a king bed.

Le Cellier. So good. Yet so long since I've eaten there. :confused3

Friends is the best show ever! :cool1: I do watch it every day, it's on for 2 hours after work, it's great! :thumbsup2

"Some girl ate Monica!"

"Shut up, the camera adds 10 pounds"

"So how many cameras were actually on you?" :rotfl2:

Ohhh, I love Fat Monica!

Yeah, the one bed thing was weird! And no, it wasn't a king size bed, isn't that strange? I suppose I should have mentioned that, since a lot of people seem to think it was! Still, it was a nice room!

We skipped Le Cellier in December. We won't be making that mistake again, it's a must do for us! :thumbsup2

It sounds like your travel went so smoothly- other than forgetting the AP! :scared1: That is always nice when there are no major "hiccups". I'm sorry you did not get the balcony you wanted. Were you hoping for a room with two queen beds? Or why did you not want just the king? Your room looks gorgeous and it must be awesome to be able to walk to Epcot through the IG. I am excited to continue reading!!!!

It was a nice travel day, other than forgetting the AP, that was a bit stressful at first! :rotfl2: I didn't even think about the room only having one bed, I had no idea BC had rooms like that! It wasn't even a king bed, it was one queen! And I didn't like that weird divider curtain in the middle either...but still, it was a nice room! :thumbsup2

Going to Epcot through the IG was awesome, I love staying in that area! :)

I'm just joining in :wave2:

So jealous of your Beach Club room! Would love to stay there.

Isn't the Beach Club so beautiful? I love it there! :cool1:

Oh I'm OCD about alarms on important days too. 3 alarms is not out of the question in my house!
What a quick and easy travel day. I'm so jealous!
I think that the one bed and the day bed are kind of nice, if it's a king. If not... yeah that's a little odd.
EPCOT! Man it must be so nice to just walk there! My favourite park!
Can't wait for Le Cellier!

I'm so happy other people share my alarm OCD! :thumbsup2 I have 2 set every morning for work, even though I'm usually up before they go off, I need them!

It was a quick travel day, it was so nice, we were there before I knew it! :cheer2:

Yeah, the one bed was strange...if it was a king bed, it would have made sense, but it wasn't...and that daybed is not comfortable at all. It's fine for a couch, but a bed? Eh. :confused3

I love Le Cellier soooo much! I wish I could eat there every day of my life!

Looks like we'll be at WDW at the same time! My trip is Nov 5-Nov 12.

I'm taking my mom for her first trip in 21 years! I'm more excited for her than for myself! I can't wait till she experiences everything she has been missing!

The beach club looks pretty amazing! Maybe one year I'll make it there! Can't wait to hear more!

Oh no, Brandon left his AP at home?! It is nice that they can print out a new one. That's partly why it took us so long to get ours on our arrival day-the CM took down all the info from our driver's license in case they were misplaced.

YAY for finally being at Disney World! Bummer about not getting your balcony request. The room still looks nice though! And I think I spot your new VB bag...so cute! ;)

Isn't it great how easy it is to replace an AP? :cool1: People must misplace them or leave them home all the time!

That room was cute, it just wasn't what I was expecting! :confused3 Isn't my VB bag adorable? I LOVE that pattern, I want another style in it! :thumbsup2

I am the same way about alarms. I am convinced I will sleep through something so I set many alarms and make DH set several too!:lmao:

We forgot our tickets to MNSSHP several years ago. It was before I knew about DIS (rookie mistake:mad:) so we lost an hour, driving back to get them. We even tried calling Disney from the road that day and were having major phone/computer problems that by the time we got through, we were back home and just got the tickets. Now, I know better;)

I am with you...walking through IG is the BEST! I love how easy and quiet it is to go through the turnstiles and get into Epcot.

Can't wait to hear what's next!

Haha, I'm always afraid I will sleep through something important! :rotfl:

Ugh, I'm always SO afraid to lose/forget a ticket to a party, don't they not replace those if you lose them? Glad you got to go home and get them, although losing Disney time is no fun!

I love the IG! I'm going to miss it on my next trip!

I don't think it's strange that you took a picture of your luggage. I'd be happy to see mine too. It means no lost luggage for me.

Your room looks so pretty. I think only having one bed makes the room look so much larger. Unless you like to use both beds, then that's a problem.

Starting off with lunch at Le Cellier gets bonus points. My favorite place to eat. Did you get the cheddar cheese soup? I could make a whole meal out of that delicious pretzel bread and soup.

Haha, that was my first thought, at least I know my luggage will be on the plane! :dance3:

It was a pretty room, I love the BC decor! I do like having 2 beds, because Brandon snores REALLY bad, so sometimes I make him sleep as far away from me as possible! :rotfl2:

OF COURSE I got the cheddar cheese soup! I can't go to Le Cellier and not get it!

New reader here! Great start!!

I do the SAME thing with alarms on travel day! I end up not sleeping well since I'm so nervous I'll sleep too late!

I can totally sympathize with getting emotional at Disney! On a trip in Nov 2010 my grandpa had just passed away, and his funeral was the day before we left. That first night at Illuminations I cried, it just really moved me. I just felt him there with us, ya know?

Sorry now onto happy things!! :) I'm in & can't wait to hear all about it!!

I usually don't sleep well on travel day either, but I did that night because I was so exhausted! I'm glad we woke up on time! :rotfl:

Illuminations is very moving, it's my favorite nighttime show at Disney, I love the music and the song at the end! It makes me cry every time I see it!

Looks like there are a bunch of us that have issues with alarms! LOL

If I have to get up early the next morning, then the night before just as I am getting into bed, I set the alarm to go off in a few minutes - just to make sure if works...so if I'm in bed at 9pm, I set the alarm for 9:03.....any one else???...or am I the only lunatic that does that...LOL

Sorry about the balcony....I do like the kind bed though...the room looks really big...

Haha, I know right? I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I don't do that, but I turn the alarm on and off like, 50 times to make sure it's really set before I go to sleep, it drives my DH crazy! :rotfl:

I wish it was a king bed, but it was just a regular queen bed! The room does look big, but it looks a little empty to me...it was just weird!

I am the same way. Our first trip we lost an entire day because DH hates to travel so I planned a later flight. Only I can't sleep before vacation anyway....and we have a 2 hour drive to MHT, so it is still pretty early to get up even with a later flight. This time DH is not invited ;) So we are leaving super early and getting there in the morning so we can hop right to a park.

Ha ha... love this. "I'm a DIS'er, I can figure this out". So true....you can find out anything at all on here!

You are not the only one. I got all teary eyed on the M.E. bus! Yep, my son was so excited to be at Disney and I was just so happy to share it with him, I was crying like a dork on the frickin bus! :sad2:

They probably thought they were doing you a favor with the big King bed on your honeymoon. I've never been a big fan of the BC room decor. The bathroom scares me, and I don't love the carpet. I do love the hotel, and I wouldn't let the rooms stop me from staying there, but I just think they could've done better.

Great start! Nothing beats walking into your first park! I can't wait....2 months from today and I will be back there!

My DH would love to do a late afternoon flight and not go to a park the first day...the only way I'd agree to that if we were doing a long trip, like 10+ days and he said he won't do trips that long anymore, so...looks like we're sticking to the early flights! :thumbsup2

I love all the great info on the DIS! I knew I'd find the answer really easily here!

Haha, there's nothing wrong with being excited on the ME bus, especially seeing how excited your son was! I've never taken the ME, but if I ever do, I'll probably cry!

It would have been nice if that bed was a king bed, but it wasn't! I don't know why they stuck us in that room! I love the BC decor, but I like the rugs that are in the hallways better, with all the Little Mermaid characters on them!

Yay, 2 months til you're in Disney? I'm a little jealous! :dance3:

See? That is why I don't leave ANYTHING up to my BF when it comes to packing! I do it all so I KNOW what we have and what we don't!

I can't wait to be able to use the IG! Not until next year, but I'll get there!

I know exactly why you were so emotional...you were in DISNEY WORLD...and it WASN'T RAINING!!!!! :dance3::dance3:

Haha, well, I nag Brandon a lot about packing, and he gets mad and says he has it under control, so I try to keep it to a minimum. See what happens when I do? :sad2:

You are going to love using the IG, it's so nice! It's like your own private entrance to Epcot!

Haha, yeah, probably! It was nice having those beautiful blue skies every day! :dance3:

:thumbsup2 Yippee! Great start!

I know I must have missed it in the PTR, but I thought you were going to surprise Brandon with the resort choice? Hadn't you told him you were staying elsewhere for this trip or am I really confused? I should probably go back to the PTR because I know I missed quite a few updates! ;)

Can't wait to read more!

Thanks!

Haha, no, you don't have to go back to the PTR! I did originally tell him we were staying at CBR, but then I was wondering if we could get away with NOT renting a car for once, but I wasn't sure how he would feel about it. So I broke down and told him we were staying at BC! I wish he would surprise me for once and upgrade our resort or something! I suppose that might be impossible, though! :rotfl:

I'm joining in! Ahh first chapters are always my favorite. I think it's because my favorite part of the trip is always the first day. I'm always just so happy to be there. I know that the room wasn't what you were hoping for which is a bummer but to me the room looks beautiful! I hope it didn't bother you too much through out your trip.

:welcome: Glad you're here! I love the beginnings of TR's too, it's always so exciting starting your trip! The room was beautiful, I guess I was just expecting it to look like the room we stayed in on our Disneymoon (you know, with 2 beds and a balcony! :rotfl2:)

im in we went on our 20th anv.and I want to go back on our 25th cant wait to read about your trip.

:welcome: Thanks for joining! You should definitely go back on your 25th anniversary! We will probably be taking a break from May trips for a while, but I would LOVE to go on our 5th anniversary and do a vow renewal down there!

Great start...I want to be there NOW!!

I can totally relate to getting emotional. Illuminations gets me every time! My DH laughs at me but I just can't help it. I love the time we spend together as a family at Disney. We work really hard all year to be able to go and I cherish our family time.

Thanks! Me too!!!

I cry at Illuminations every time too, and my DH makes fun of me! I feel the same way about Disney, it's nice getting a whole week (or in our case, 5 days) to spend together, since we work opposite schedules! I love Disney! :thumbsup2

I think your BC room looks lovely!! I understand the disappointment about the balcony, though. When we were on our honeymoon at AKL we didn't get the king room we requested, which kind of bummed me out at first, but we got over it. ;)

I agree about the IG entrance - we've never stayed at any of those resorts, but did eat at YC once and walked back to Epcot, and it was just so beautiful! We kind of felt like we were part of some secret club walking in that way. :lmao:

Glad to hear the AP was re-printable! Whew! Looking forward to hearing about Le Cellier - Yum!

It is a nice room, I mean, it's a BC room, so of course it's beautiful, I was just thinking it would be different, I guess!

Haha, I feel the same way using the IG entrance, like we have our own private entrance! I love it back there, if I was a CM who had to work the gates, I'd love to work at the IG! :thumbsup2

I'm glad it was so easy to replace the AP, that was scary for a few minutes when I thought we might have to go home and get it! I love Le Cellier, one of my favorite Disney restaurants!

So, I have to laugh...when I was thinking up ideas for my TR titles, all that kept coming to mind where things like, "The one where..." and I kept telling myself, "I can't use Friends references in my report, nobody'll even remember that show.":rotfl: And when I saw your title, I literally laughed out loud.

I think Friends is becoming a major trend here on the DISboards, which is perfectly all right!

That balcony is kind of a joke, and it's especially disappointing, because I know you wanted to have some pool and relaxation time on this trip. Plus, after your WL room, BC doesn't measure up. :confused3 However, I kind of liked the room, but I feel like they should've just put a sleeper sofa in the room instead of the weird daybed. :rolleyes:

Ahhh, back in Disney! And starting your trip with your favorite park and one of your favorite meals...what could be better?!

You can totally use a Friends reference for your TR title! I almost used a Ross quote for my title, because I said it when we were talking on our trip about me going back to school to do the college program, and it was just really funny at the time! :rotfl: Lots of DIS'ers like Friends, which makes sense, Friends and Disney are 2 of the best things ever!

Yeah, those tiny balconies are...well, tiny! I didn't really want a pool view, I don't care much about views, I just wanted a balcony, but it turned out alright! :rolleyes1

I wish I was back in Disney right now! How am I going to make it to November? :scared:

I cannot believe Brandon forgot his AP. Wait a minute, yes, yes, I can. Such a typical guy thing. I NEVER let Mark carry anything that we need to get into the park, our resort (he's lucky I give him $20 to put in his wallet for fear he'll lose that too :lmao::lmao::lmao:).

So glad the flight was smooth and 30 minutes early to boot! That is great.

Sorry you weren't thrilled with your room and balcony (although it is a lot better than someone else's TR I glanced where the room had two beds, but no daybed, the room was a disaster -- peeling paper, dirty boards on the bottom of the wall, dirty bathroom, dirty patio, etc.--let's just say she was not impressed with the BC at all).

Glad you got to Epcot and that Brandon was able to get his new AP and YOU arrived!

Haha, you know what's annoying? He didn't even forget it, he just assumed we didn't need it! I'm just speechless. It's still so weird to me that he thought that!

The flight was great, and it's always nice getting there early! :thumbsup2

Wow, I can't believe that about the BC room! That's sad that some rooms are so worn out, I'm surprised Disney lets them get so bad!

I was SO happy to be at Epcot! I just wanted to lay on the ground and soak it all in, but that would have been weird!

Yay the Party has started!!!! :cool1:

I LOVE Friends!!! Good "borrowed" idea ;)

SOOOO glad that Brandon got the AP situation resolved. That could have been bad!

YAY for your room being ready and it looks so cute, even if it wasn't EXACTLY what you expected or wanted ;)

I can not wait to hear more! pixiedust:

Yay! :cheer2:

Friends is the best! I love the TR's that have the chapter titles "Friends style"!

I'm glad it's so easy to get a new AP! I'm guessing people forget them a lot!

It was a cute room, but definitely not what I thought I'd see when I opened the door! :rotfl2:

Yay! Disney day! :cool1: I do the same thing when we drive down...I always say we're going to split the drive up over two days, but then we end up frantically driving as far as we can because I don't want to waste a second in Disney World!

Thank goodness for Brandon's alarm! ;)

HAHA he thought he didn't need his AP? :rolleyes: Silly boy.

That plane is really cool! Haha that's funny that you can see your luggage!

Wow you guys got there so early!

I'm sorry you weren't really happy with you room. I love king sized beds! :goodvibes It stinks you didn't get your balcony, though.

If there's anywhere to go for people to understand your emotions while arriving at Disney, it's here on the DIS!

YAY LE CELLIER! :dance3:

Haha, Brandon said he wanted to try driving to Disney on our next trip, which I thought, ok, maybe we can give that a try...then I remembered, that's 20 hours of driving, and we would definitely have to stop somewhere...I'd be losing like 3 Disney days all together, no thank you! :lmao:

I know, I can't believe he thought he didn't need his AP. I'm glad he got a new one!

That plane was really nice, and the inside was all pretty and new! I'm such a dork, getting excited about seeing my luggage!

I was ok with the room, but I guess I just thought it would be different! I wish it was a king size bed, it would have been a little more acceptable!

That's true, I always read TR's where people get emotional at Disney, it's nice that everyone here understands! :grouphug:

Yay Le Cellier! LOVE that place!

Looks like we'll be at WDW at the same time! My trip is Nov 5-Nov 12.

I'm taking my mom for her first trip in 21 years! I'm more excited for her than for myself! I can't wait till she experiences everything she has been missing!

The beach club looks pretty amazing! Maybe one year I'll make it there! Can't wait to hear more!

Yay! You're doing Jersey week then? I considered that week, but I wanted to be as close to Christmas as possible while also getting in some F&W fun...and also, the Bounceback didn't cover it!

Aww, that's nice that you are bringing your mom to Disney, you guys will have such a great time! :thumbsup2

The Beach Club is amazing, I love staying there! I'd really like to try the Yacht Club too, but I'd rather wait til we go in December again, it is so Christmasy in there in December! :thumbsup2

Sounds like an exciting first day so far!

That "one bed" is a big 'ole king size bed---You were on an anniversary trip, right? ;)

I can sense your emotion and I am so happy your arrival to WDW was pretty much flawless. Well, except for Brandon and his missing AP.

I have to admit that there is NO WAY I could get up at 2:30am for a flight. I would end up staying up all night and that's why I can't do the early morning flight. So :worship: for you!

That plane was so cute! So funny your luggage was on top. Beautiful take off shot.

I noticed those balconies when I stayed at the BCV and I wondered why anyone would want that? I didn't know those balconies even existed until I stayed there. I do like the room and the king size bed. I hope you settled into that rather quickly. Take advantage of the now while you can. Once you start taking kids to Disney world you'll never have a king again! ;)

I'm here! I'm here! :cool1: I am so excited to hear all about your trip! Great start so far!!!

I am the same way with alarms. I check them, and check them, and then check them again every night. I'm always so paranoid, too! I'm sorry you didn't get exactly the room you had hoped for at the BC. We had one of those teeny balconies too, and I was really hoping for a full sized, but it ended up not being too important. I agree, entering Epcot through the IG is amazing! It's a completely different park entry experience. Can't wait to hear about lunch at Le Cellier! :goodvibes

I'm here! Sorry you were disappointed with your room at the BC. I wonder if you had gone back to the front desk and asked for a different room if they would have gotten you one? I think for a couple I'd rather have the one bed and more space, but I can understand why you would be disappointed, especially with the Juliet balcony.

Looking forward to more posts!!!

I'm here! :) A little late, but still here now! Can't wait to read all about it! :mickeyjum

Oh I think your room was awesome! Too bad about the balcony but bonus on the king bed!! Plus, without a second bed, the room seems bigger, no? Was it a handicap accessible room? The only times we've gotten (after requesting) king bed rooms, they've both been accessible.

And OMG about Brandon forgetting his AP!! What were you thinking leaving that up to him to be responsible for?! :rotfl2: I take care of all that stuff. I practically pack Tom's suitcase for him! But for sure the paperwork and everything has to be in my control.

Every night for weeks before a trip I always think to myself, wow, wouldn't it be bad if I over slept and didn't get to the airport on time? This is weeks before I even go! So sad. Thank goodness for Brandon's alarm :)

How lovely it must have been to just walk to Epcot. What a dream! Hoping to stay at a monorail resort or an Epcot resort next year!

Subbing in!

I think your room at the Beach Club looks great - we always try to get king bed rooms on vacation, though. Something about going from a full shared by 2 people, 2 full grown cats, and any number of kittens to all that space just screams vacation.

That little bench thing doesn't look comfortable at all! It needs a back cushion or something.

International Gateway is so nice and relaxing and such a great perk for the Epcot resorts - even if it doesn't have a geodesic ball. ;)

I'm normally not too alarm-paranoid, but for those rare super-early-and-important mornings like that, I'd probably have at least 3 alarms set. Glad one of them worked to get you up!

I can't believe Brandon didn't think he needed his AP! :confused3 Perhaps this confuses me as I have a husband who is on the DIS (not often) and plans as much as I do. Glad he got his AP replaced without any trouble and that you didn't have to turn around to go back for it.

I'd be excited to spot my luggage too! Of course, I have luggage that looks like all the other luggage, so that will probably never happen.

I love how early you are able to get to WDW...in time to check in and go to lunch in a park. Love it!

I was going to agree with the other posters who said that your BC room was nice for a couple, but I see that you are saying it was only a Queen bed. That's just weird! Honestly, I probably would have gone back to the desk immediately and requested something else. We have a King at home and, especially if there's only one bed in the room, would want a King on vacation too. I do agree that the extra space is nice and the room looks nice. However, the daybed doesn't look comfy for lounging and the balcony is sad...good thing you had plenty of other things to do besides hanging out in the room, I guess!

Looking forward to hearing about this visit to Le Cellier!

Forgot to say, I'm in the DIS Friends fan club too, so I approve of your chapter naming system! We actually bought the whole series on DVD when we got a good deal a few months back. We haven't been watching them lately, though, so we'll have to get back on that. Great show, though. If only they had done an episode or two at WDW...how cool would that be?

Sounds like an exciting first day so far!

That "one bed" is a big 'ole king size bed---You were on an anniversary trip, right? ;)

It was a great beginning to a trip-our room being ready, going to Epcot for lunch, blue skies-can't ask for much more! :thumbsup2

It wasn't a king size bed!! Isn't that weird? That would have made sense, but it was just a regular old queen bed! :rotfl2:

I can sense your emotion and I am so happy your arrival to WDW was pretty much flawless. Well, except for Brandon and his missing AP.

I have to admit that there is NO WAY I could get up at 2:30am for a flight. I would end up staying up all night and that's why I can't do the early morning flight. So :worship: for you!

That plane was so cute! So funny your luggage was on top. Beautiful take off shot.

I noticed those balconies when I stayed at the BCV and I wondered why anyone would want that? I didn't know those balconies even existed until I stayed there. I do like the room and the king size bed. I hope you settled into that rather quickly. Take advantage of the now while you can. Once you start taking kids to Disney world you'll never have a king again! ;)

I was really happy to finally be in Disney! It was so nice to be there and not have it be raining for once!

I've stayed up all night a couple of times when we've had early flights, but I try not to, because the second I get to Florida, I'm ready to sleep! I can at least get a couple hours in now! :laughing:

I don't know why they did the Beach Club with those little balconies, I feel like if you are paying for a deluxe resort, you should get a balcony, no question! :confused3 Haha, the bed was a queen bed! I would have been thrilled with a king size bed, but no, just a regular one! That's why I thought the room was a bit odd! :rotfl:

I'm here! I'm here! :cool1: I am so excited to hear all about your trip! Great start so far!!!

I am the same way with alarms. I check them, and check them, and then check them again every night. I'm always so paranoid, too! I'm sorry you didn't get exactly the room you had hoped for at the BC. We had one of those teeny balconies too, and I was really hoping for a full sized, but it ended up not being too important. I agree, entering Epcot through the IG is amazing! It's a completely different park entry experience. Can't wait to hear about lunch at Le Cellier! :goodvibes

Yay so glad you're here!! :cool1:

Those tiny balconies are so weird, I wonder if anyone is ever ok with getting one? :rotfl: I love the Epcot resorts, and getting to use the IG! I wish I could stay over there on every trip!

I'm here! Sorry you were disappointed with your room at the BC. I wonder if you had gone back to the front desk and asked for a different room if they would have gotten you one? I think for a couple I'd rather have the one bed and more space, but I can understand why you would be disappointed, especially with the Juliet balcony.

Looking forward to more posts!!!

Welcome, glad you're here! :thumbsup2

I wasn't exactly disappointed, I was just a little caught off guard, I guess! It's still a nice room, it's the Beach Club, so of course it's beautiful! I should have just asked if we had a full balcony at check in, but I was so excited, I forgot! :scared1:

I'm here! :) A little late, but still here now! Can't wait to read all about it! :mickeyjum

Woo hoo, glad you're here!!! :woohoo:

Oh I think your room was awesome! Too bad about the balcony but bonus on the king bed!! Plus, without a second bed, the room seems bigger, no? Was it a handicap accessible room? The only times we've gotten (after requesting) king bed rooms, they've both been accessible.

And OMG about Brandon forgetting his AP!! What were you thinking leaving that up to him to be responsible for?! :rotfl2: I take care of all that stuff. I practically pack Tom's suitcase for him! But for sure the paperwork and everything has to be in my control.

It was a nice room, but I guess I was kind of hoping for a room like the one we had on our Disneymoon! I would have loved a king bed, but it wasn't, it was just a queen! :confused3 It did seem bigger, but it seemed empty to me, I just felt weird in it!

Haha, I don't know, I can't believe I didn't ask Brandon if he had his AP with him! I have all of the paperwork, but I thought he could handle his AP, I guess not! :rotfl2: I assumed he had it in his wallet, he told me he keeps it there all the time, so I just figured he had it! At least I'll know for next time, if we end up renewing them! :thumbsup2

Every night for weeks before a trip I always think to myself, wow, wouldn't it be bad if I over slept and didn't get to the airport on time? This is weeks before I even go! So sad. Thank goodness for Brandon's alarm :)

How lovely it must have been to just walk to Epcot. What a dream! Hoping to stay at a monorail resort or an Epcot resort next year!

I think about that too, that would be the worst thing ever, sleeping in and missing a flight! :eek: Especially to DISNEY! I'm glad Brandon's alarm went off and we made it to the airport on time!

It was amazing to walk to Epcot, I loved it! I'd love to stay at a monorail resort someday, I really need to stay at the Poly soon! :woohoo:

Subbing in!

I think your room at the Beach Club looks great - we always try to get king bed rooms on vacation, though. Something about going from a full shared by 2 people, 2 full grown cats, and any number of kittens to all that space just screams vacation.

That little bench thing doesn't look comfortable at all! It needs a back cushion or something.

International Gateway is so nice and relaxing and such a great perk for the Epcot resorts - even if it doesn't have a geodesic ball. ;)

Yay, glad you're here! :banana:

Haha, well, if it was a king bed that would have been fine, but it was a queen! I like having 2 beds, because if Brandon is snoring too loud, I kick him out and make him sleep in the 2nd bed, away from me! It's bad enough that I have to sleep with earplugs in, but if he's in my face snoring, forget it, I can't sleep! :laughing:

The IG was such a nice way to enter Epcot, I loved walking in and seeing the France pavilion! I did miss the ball, though!

I'm normally not too alarm-paranoid, but for those rare super-early-and-important mornings like that, I'd probably have at least 3 alarms set. Glad one of them worked to get you up!

I can't believe Brandon didn't think he needed his AP! :confused3 Perhaps this confuses me as I have a husband who is on the DIS (not often) and plans as much as I do. Glad he got his AP replaced without any trouble and that you didn't have to turn around to go back for it.

I'd be excited to spot my luggage too! Of course, I have luggage that looks like all the other luggage, so that will probably never happen.

I love how early you are able to get to WDW...in time to check in and go to lunch in a park. Love it!

I was going to agree with the other posters who said that your BC room was nice for a couple, but I see that you are saying it was only a Queen bed. That's just weird! Honestly, I probably would have gone back to the desk immediately and requested something else. We have a King at home and, especially if there's only one bed in the room, would want a King on vacation too. I do agree that the extra space is nice and the room looks nice. However, the daybed doesn't look comfy for lounging and the balcony is sad...good thing you had plenty of other things to do besides hanging out in the room, I guess!

Looking forward to hearing about this visit to Le Cellier!

I'm glad out of our 3 alarms, at least once got us up! :laughing:

I don't know what Brandon was thinking with the AP, he just assumed it was expired! I'm sure he doesn't even remember that I got them in October last year!

I love getting to Florida early so we can go right to a park and get the day going! I was nervous about the early Le Cellier ADR, but it worked out! :yay:

Yeah, it was only a queen bed! Weird, right? I didn't even know they had rooms like that, but I guess maybe they think couples don't need a second bed? Don't they realize people snore? :laughing:

Forgot to say, I'm in the DIS Friends fan club too, so I approve of your chapter naming system! We actually bought the whole series on DVD when we got a good deal a few months back. We haven't been watching them lately, though, so we'll have to get back on that. Great show, though. If only they had done an episode or two at WDW...how cool would that be?

Haha, thanks, I love Friends! :woohoo: I have all of them on DVD, but I don't need to watch them, thanks to TBS having Friends on like 50 times a day! :thumbsup2 I would love a Friends episode at WDW, that would have been amazing!

YAY for 1st day in the park :) I sooo wish we could be in the parks our first day of our trip but it's a stretch to get in one the 2nd day. LOL. By the time we travel alll day and then don't get into our condo til late we are lucky if we have groceries to live off before I'm pushing us into the park before rope drop the next day. lol. Oh well, that's why we make our trips so long so I can't really complain.

Sorry about the room requests not working out :( Hope it ended up being wonderful anyway.

Can't wait to read more :) :)

YAY for 1st day in the park :) I sooo wish we could be in the parks our first day of our trip but it's a stretch to get in one the 2nd day. LOL. By the time we travel alll day and then don't get into our condo til late we are lucky if we have groceries to live off before I'm pushing us into the park before rope drop the next day. lol. Oh well, that's why we make our trips so long so I can't really complain.

Sorry about the room requests not working out :( Hope it ended up being wonderful anyway.

Can't wait to read more :) :)

I love going into the parks on our first day, but I can see how that might be tough when you have a long travel day! We're lucky, it's only a little over 2 hours to fly to Florida! :cool1:

That's ok, we still had a great time at the Beach Club, it's so beautiful there! Getting ready to do my 2nd update!

The One Where we eat in the Best Restaurant in the Entire World!!

May 5, Part 2

That's right everyone, Brandon and I are about to eat at

P1010984.jpg

LE CELLIER!!! :worship:

I'm most of you know by now how much we LOVE this place! I don't really understand anyone who compares it to the Outback or another steak restaurant chain, because to me, it's perfection. There is never a time that you eat at Le Cellier and think "eh, that was ok." You always leave saying "THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!" :thumbsup2 If I could eat there every day of a Disney trip, I would. And probably every day of my life.

We checked in a little early, so we had some time to walk around and look at the gardens, and they were absolutely beautiful! They always are, but they seemed extra colorful for the Flower and Garden festival!

P1010981.jpg

P1010982.jpg

Pretty, right?

Unfortunately, it was ridiculously hot already, and I could only stay outside for so long, so we went inside to wait. We had an 11:30 ADR so we got to see the waitstaff officially open the restaurant by singing "O Canada", which, as I mentioned in my October TR, Brandon loves because he's a big hockey fan.

We were seated right away, in a corner table that seemed a little secluded, and I grabbed my camera really quick to get a picture of the almost empty restaurant:

P1010985.jpg

(Don't the servers look like ghosts in that picture?)

Brandon and I are not adventurous when it comes to Le Cellier. Once in a while we will get something different off the menu, or try a new dessert, but I mean, really. You go to Le Cellier for pretzel bread, cheddar cheese soup, mushroom filet, and chocolate "moose". Which is exactly what I got!

IMG_1184.jpg

(Is it me or are they giving less and less cheddar cheese soup?)

IMG_1185.jpg

YUM, Mushroom filet with cream cheese mashed potatoes!

IMG_1186.jpg

Chocolate Moose!!!

I don't have pictures of Brandon's food, but he got the same as me, except he got the risotto with his filet instead of substituting it with cream cheese mashed potatoes (which I think is insanity, but whatever!) and he got a different dessert. I was far too interested in my food to take pics of his! That's kind of a theme throughout my TR's, if you haven't noticed! :rotfl:

Once again, Le Cellier was amazing, and I'm SO happy I was able to get a last minute arrival day ADR there! It's such a great way to start a trip, eating at your favorite place!

We left the World Showcase and went over to Future World to check out the Soarin' wait times and hopefully get a FP for later that night. We walked through the little walkway that leads you from WS to Future World, and brings you right to:

BUTTERFLIES! :eek:

Yes, right near the end of the walkway is right where the butterfly house was located, and I was already starting to get a little nervous walking towards it...I could already see escapees fluttering around, fangs out, just waiting to attack...

P1010988.jpg

(Yes, I'm terrified of butterflies. They are FRIGHTENING. I can't help it, I know it's weird, but I just don't like their unpredictable fluttering patterns. If they could just fly from flower to flower in a nice, calm pattern and stay away from me, I'd like them just fine, but it seems like they can sense my fear and they always come right for me. I repeat. FRIGHTENING!)

(And I'm kidding about the fangs, obviously, but if you saw how I act around butterflies, you would think they had fangs!)

Of course, Brandon decides he wants to go in. Since there was no way that I was going anywhere near that house, I found a nice tree near Journey Into Imagination that had a speaker right next to it playing the Innoventions music loop. I was content, I could have stayed there all night, far away from the killer butterflies and listening to some of my favorite Epcot music!

Brandon found me after being in the butterfly house for a little while, and told me how nice it was, and how people were so happy in the house, holding butterflies, letting butterflies land on them, and actually tried to convince me to go in...just thinking about it makes me shudder. The only thing that might make that house worse for me is if it was full of bees. :scared:

Thankfully, we reached a nice, safe place, free of butterflies, The Land! :hyper: Which was more crowded than I've ever seen it! They actually had ropes up so you couldn't go to the left, they made you walk to the right, go down the escalator, cross through Sunshine Season, and then get to Soarin'! The standby time was way too long, but we were able to grab some FP's for 7:20 that night, which was perfect!

We left Soarin' and we were getting kind of tired and really hot, and I could tell Brandon was ready to go back to the Beach Club and shower and rest and everything.

I asked Brandon if he wanted to leave, and he said he didn't care, so I suggested we do one attraction and then go back to the Beach Club. He was fine with that, so I had to decide what to do...what should be the first attraction of our trip? I really wanted to do Maelstrom, but I didn't feel like walking all the way over there.

"I know! Spaceship Earth!"

"No way, I'm not going on that right after we just finished eating."

"Uh, not Mission Space. Spaceship Earth. The ball."

:rotfl: He always confuses those two! He agreed to go on SE, so we walked over there and there was a huge line, but it said the wait was only 15 minutes!

P1010991.jpg

Brandon started complaining that there was no way it was only 15 minutes, and I said it's probably shorter, because even though the line looks long, it's constantly moving. He grumbled a little to himself, but reluctantly got in line with me, and we ended up getting on in 12 minutes! :cool1:

P1010992.jpg

Yay, first ride of the trip!!!

P1010996.jpg

Spaceship Earth was fun, as always, but for some reason, it's always really hot in that ride. You think you're going to go in and get some nice, refreshing AC, but no. It was nice to be out of the sun, but by the end, I was hot and ready to go back to the Beach Club.

We started the long walk back, and we had to stop in front of the Fountain!

P1020009.jpg

P1020010.jpg

(Inspired by MEK!)

I don't know what it is about the Fountain, but I could spend hours there and be perfectly happy. Especially when the sun is going down, it's just a really happy place right there. In fact, that's how I feel about Epcot in general. I know I've said it before, but I could probably go to Epcot, find a nice place to sit, and spend and entire day there and have a great time. I LOVE it there. I love finding places there to just stop and chill out and really enjoy being there, in Disney World, and not worry about when your next FP time is, or if you have to rush to your next ADR. Those moments don't happen that much on a trip (especially on a short trip like this!) so when they do, I really try to appreciate them! :lovestruc

Up next...Beach Club drama and Cape May Cafe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter