This is us..

Loved the FUNeral. I actually liked Beth this show. She seemed to have a softer side wasn't crazy about the drug mention. I loved how William touched so many lives. I wished they had been invited to the funeral.

I'd love Sophie gave Kevin crutches that was cute, I like seeing Ron Howard.I think Kevin will have to choose between making it big and Sofie

I'm pretty sure that something will happen to Jack next week not sure he will die next week but I'm pretty sure that is coming probably next season.

I don't like Mandy Moore as older Rebecca. Love her as young Rebecca though. I didn't really "feel" her performance last night when she was talking to Randall about how sorry she was for keeping William away from him. For me, it came off as kind of fake. Maybe it's just that I think they did a terrible job of aging Mandy so I can't get past that. I almost wish they hired another actress to play the older version of Rebecca. I'm just not buying her performance.

But man, when Randall delivers a scene, I feel it, I feel his raw emotion, his message, his strength etc.

I don't like Mandy Moore as older Rebecca. Love her as young Rebecca though. I didn't really "feel" her performance last night when she was talking to Randall about how sorry she was for keeping William away from him. For me, it came off as kind of fake. Maybe it's just that I think they did a terrible job of aging Mandy so I can't get past that. I almost wish they hired another actress to play the older version of Rebecca. I'm just not buying her performance.

But man, when Randall delivers a scene, I feel it, I feel his raw emotion, his message, his strength etc.
I love Randall, his character and the actor. I can't stand Mandy Moore as an actor or the character she plays. She always makes everything about her. Even her apology last night to Randall was all about her. :rolleyes:

Last weeks was so much better. This one was just meh to me. Glad Beth got her good bye from William with the postcard. Don't blame Randal going off on his partner and co workers for the unpersonal card and pears.

I knew Jack's demise would be his drinking....wonder if he had to go pick up Kate from somewhere while he was drinking. But in the previews that was a lot of cans in the car.

I think he headed to Cleveland after talking to Kate. And I'm wondering if he found something going on with Rebecca and the drinking and driving were on the way back to Pittsburgh.

Rebecca comes across as so self-centered, especially when she's older. I want to like her, but she's my least favorite. Yes, behind Miguel even.

LOVING this show!! Just found this thread, way too long to be able to fully catch up but I have read the last few pages. I just watched last night's episode, I teared up when I saw the Post Card.

When did William move from the apartment in Pittsburgh, and do we know why? He was in Pittsburgh when Rebecca first visited him, right? And I think they said that he was in the same apartment when she visited him the second time which is how she found him. But on Thanksgiving, Randall runs out to go to the apartment and says he'll be back after the movie. Pittsburgh is over 5 hours from New Jersey, and there is no way that Randall was gone for over 10 hours. Also, William takes the bus back and forth to feed the cat in the beginning. Then he goes to a meeting that is nearer his apartment hoping to reconnect with Jesse. It doesn't seem that he could be traveling so far each time, so the apartment must be closer to them than Pittsburgh. Or are we missing something?

I got the feeling he was living in Philadelphia. It's close enough to most of NJ to be able to get there and back fairly quickly.

I think the most touching part of the episode was when the mail carrier found out William died. I think that made a huge impact on Randall and how he will not choose to live his life. I am glad he left his job. Maybe he will open up his own shop now. He is certainly smart enough to.

I love Randall, his character and the actor. I can't stand Mandy Moore as an actor or the character she plays. She always makes everything about her. Even her apology last night to Randall was all about her. :rolleyes:

Hi DaisyJ. I thought I might find you posting in this thread.

I think the most touching part of the episode was when the mail carrier found out William died. I think that made a huge impact on Randall and how he will not choose to live his life. I am glad he left his job. Maybe he will open up his own shop now. He is certainly smart enough to.

I agree. Having the mailman tear up was very sweet.

I loved this episode. I was wondering if I am the only one who does not care for Sophie? What woman in her right mind could be dumped and left behind and not see someone for 12 years and then almost immediately take him back, dumping someone else to do so? I hate the way it lets Kevin off the hook so easily. I would think there would be some hard feelings there but she sure got over them quickly. I don't like the aspect of his character that is so charming and where everything comes so easily for him.

I loved this episode. I was wondering if I am the only one who does not care for Sophie? What woman in her right mind could be dumped and left behind and not see someone for 12 years and then almost immediately take him back, dumping someone else to do so? I hate the way it lets Kevin off the hook so easily. I would think there would be some hard feelings there but she sure got over them quickly. I don't like the aspect of his character that is so charming and where everything comes so easily for him.

Yeah, I think his life has been always getting what he wants, getting by on charm and good looks. I think he is trying to change, that is why he was having such and issue being "the Manny" which basically seemed like a take your shirt off, eye-candy type of show. He is growing because he wants to do more serious work.

I think he headed to Cleveland after talking to Kate. And I'm wondering if he found something going on with Rebecca and the drinking and driving were on the way back to Pittsburgh.
I don't think so - Kate would blame Rebecca, not herself, for his death.

Why don't Kate and Sophie get along?

I realize Sophie loves her job, but there are lots of nursing opportunities in California.

Why don't Kate and Sophie get along?

I realize Sophie loves her job, but there are lots of nursing opportunities in California.

We don't know why they don't get along. We will probably find out next season. The only glimpse we got into their relationship was the scene at the pool where a bunch of Kate's friends wrote that note to her and Sofie/Sophie signed it.

Loved this episode, as always!!

Agree it was perfect to have the girls plan the memorial! And I loved that Randall found out more about his dad touching others' lives.

I actually find Randall a pretty amazing person for being able to forgive Rebecca so quickly. I do believe she tried to do what she thought was best for the most people, but I'm afraid I would still have been really angry at that point at having lost all that time with William.

I'm looking forward to seeing Randall tell Beth that he quit.

I think our speculation that Jack will have a car accident (from now and earlier in the thread) is correct, and I expect the story will be drawn out over the next episode so that that's where it ends. I feel like it explains a lot for Kate's character, too.

The Ron Howard thing was definitely about setting Kevin and Sophie up in the same situation as before, so he can make a different choice. (Part of me hopes she finds out and offers to go with him this time, but a bigger part hopes he stays in theater and with her.)

I agree about not liking how they aged Mandy Moore. Rebecca isn't my favorite character anyway, but it makes it all the harder to identify with her in the present scenes because she just doesn't quite look right to me on top of it.

I can't believe we only have one more episode in the season!!

Loved this episode, as always!!

Agree it was perfect to have the girls plan the memorial! And I loved that Randall found out more about his dad touching others' lives.

I actually find Randall a pretty amazing person for being able to forgive Rebecca so quickly. I do believe she tried to do what she thought was best for the most people, but I'm afraid I would still have been really angry at that point at having lost all that time with William.

I'm looking forward to seeing Randall tell Beth that he quit.

I think our speculation that Jack will have a car accident (from now and earlier in the thread) is correct, and I expect the story will be drawn out over the next episode so that that's where it ends. I feel like it explains a lot for Kate's character, too.

The Ron Howard thing was definitely about setting Kevin and Sophie up in the same situation as before, so he can make a different choice. (Part of me hopes she finds out and offers to go with him this time, but a bigger part hopes he stays in theater and with her.)

I agree about not liking how they aged Mandy Moore. Rebecca isn't my favorite character anyway, but it makes it all the harder to identify with her in the present scenes because she just doesn't quite look right to me on top of it.

I can't believe we only have one more episode in the season!!

I actually hope he stays in NYC. I don't think it would be very bright for Sophie to move to LA to be with him. His track record isn't the greatest.

I actually hope he stays in NYC. I don't think it would be very bright for Sophie to move to LA to be with him. His track record isn't the greatest.

I agree - Like I said, the bigger part of me hopes he stays! I was just thinking a movie might give the audience a fun "relief" sort of story line, compared to all the sad ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter