This is us..

If you've been paying attention, you know why Kate has issues with her weight. I am detail oriented, so I think I am picking up on a lot of things other people are missing.

I've picked up on on the details, but I like them putting it all together for the characters and seeing how they react. Yes, WE'VE known why Kate has issues with her weight, but Kate needs to discover why she has issues with her weight. And even if she "knew" why, she needs to find out how to put it together and work through those issues.

I'm pretty sure that Kate and Kevin discussed his ex when they were sitting in the closet before Kevin left for NYC. I wish I could remember more of that conversation now.

I found the horse guy really creepy. I don't know if he is supposed to be, but it wasn't flirty to me at all, just creepy. I don't particularly like Toby, but I definitely don't want there to be a "triangle" at this stage of their relationship, especially with someone even creepier than Toby.

I don't think Jack's death was as late as 9/11 looking at the kids at the funeral. When Kate said that she started watching football again because of her dad, I think that maybe Kate took possession of the urn because that's when Rebecca and Miguel married or moved.

I'm not sure how I feel about Kevin and Sophie yet.

I felt that pull on Randall about needing to be with William and still needing to attend to a high-stress job. In a way, I feel that William put him in a very difficult spot, but maybe he's teaching a lesson on what is truly important. Though it's also not realistic to just stop working either.

Okay, super obese. How does that negate her appeal if that's what is attractive to these guys? Both Toby and Horse Guy (this dude really needs a name, lol) put themselves into positions to meet large women. From there, for me personally it's not that far of a leap to take one look at her or get a vibe off of her and be smitten. We don't know what horse guy's intentions are yet, he could just want to sleep with her or he could have seen/felt something in that split second that drew him to her.

He has a name tag. Was it Derek? I'll have to go re-watch.

Edit: I see that someone else knew. Duke. Thank you!

I think one of the reasons Randall is willing to spend so much time with William is because Randall remembers losing Jack, and knows that any time remaining with William is precious. On the other hand, William isn't helping Randall's career any.

It will be interesting to see what develops with Kate and Duke, but since Duke isn't listed as a regular member of the cast, I suspect he won't be around much. Of course the web site could be updated if Duke does stick around.

I think one of the reasons Randall is willing to spend so much time with William is because Randall remembers losing Jack, and knows that any time remaining with William is precious. On the other hand, William isn't helping Randall's career any.

It will be interesting to see what develops with Kate and Duke, but since Duke isn't listed as a regular member of the cast, I suspect he won't be around much. Of course the web site could be updated if Duke does stick around.

I'll have to watch the episode again but I'm not sure William knew how important the thing Randall was doing was.

I'll have to watch the episode again but I'm not sure William knew how important the thing Randall was doing was.

I don't think William knew which why it was more difficult for Randall. He didn't want to tell William that work was more important than spending time with him and yet this was very important for him to do in the same time frame.

Does anyone think Jack committed suicide? I'm not sure why this thought came to me today. Maybe Rebecca blames herself, the kids blame her, hence the strained relationship? He was starting to get really stressed and distant in that episode in their teen years. The subject of suicide sadly came up at work since we found out someone's husband passed for that reason. It made me think of someone else I know (not well) whose husband also did and she just a miserable person now (not that Rebecca is that miserable just broken). No need to get anyone up in arms I just thought I would mention since it for some reason popped in my head. I was wondering if anyone else felt that way. I just feel like his death was very sudden and tragic for some reason.

In the flashback, the note at the pool was signed by Samantha. Are we 100% sure Sophie was part of that mean girl group? Last night's episode was the first time I can recall hearing her name.
The note was signed by both Samantha and Sophie. Sophie's name was written on the right hand bottom of the note half covered by Kate's thumb. The little details are sometimes hard to notice unless you are looking for them. I rewound and checked and yup, there was Sophie's "signature".

Does anyone think Jack committed suicide? I'm not sure why this thought came to me today. Maybe Rebecca blames herself, the kids blame her, hence the strained relationship? He was starting to get really stressed and distant in that episode in their teen years. The subject of suicide sadly came up at work since we found out someone's husband passed for that reason. It made me think of someone else I know (not well) whose husband also did and she just a miserable person now (not that Rebecca is that miserable just broken). No need to get anyone up in arms I just thought I would mention since it for some reason popped in my head. I was wondering if anyone else felt that way. I just feel like his death was very sudden and tragic for some reason.

That thought didn't occur to me - I think it would be really out of character from what we know of him. I think it could be a plane accident as someone else mentioned earlier since there have been a couple of clues pointing in that direction.

That thought didn't occur to me - I think it would be really out of character from what we know of him. I think it could be a plane accident as someone else mentioned earlier since there have been a couple of clues pointing in that direction.
I also thought it was out of character but they haven't explored his home life as a child which seemed to be very rough. I didn't know if he maybe had a breakdown, maybe he hit Rebecca or one of the kids and couldn't live with himself. I was hoping someone would talk me out of that thought : )

I also thought it was out of character but they haven't explored his home life as a child which seemed to be very rough. I didn't know if he maybe had a breakdown, maybe he hit Rebecca or one of the kids and couldn't live with himself. I was hoping someone would talk me out of that thought : )
That episode when the kids were teens w/the football game, he was forgetful, confused and a little snappish with the kids. My guess is brain cancer/tumor. IMO suicide is not a personality thing it stems from mental illness so it wouldn't be in or out of character for someone. You can be 100% devoted to your family and still find yourself in that dark place. That said, that would be taking a HUGE risk on the writer's part. I think they'd lose a lot of viewers if they did that. He has his flaws but they've built Jack up to be the ideal husband and father, to make a hard left and change people's perception of him like that could be suicide for the show. Does that talk you out of it?

That episode when the kids were teens w/the football game, he was forgetful, confused and a little snappish with the kids. My guess is brain cancer/tumor. IMO suicide is not a personality thing it stems from mental illness so it wouldn't be in or out of character for someone. You can be 100% devoted to your family and still find yourself in that dark place. That said, that would be taking a HUGE risk on the writer's part. I think they'd lose a lot of viewers if they did that. He has his flaws but they've built Jack up to be the ideal husband and father, to make a hard left and change people's perception of him like that could be suicide for the show. Does that talk you out of it?

I thought he was snappy that day because he was stressed from work? It's been a while since that episode aired but I seem to remember assuming that while I was watching it. I could be wrong though..

I thought he was snappy that day because he was stressed from work? It's been a while since that episode aired but I seem to remember assuming that while I was watching it. I could be wrong though..
Well yeah, but also because he forgot to tell Rebecca he loved her and other little things he wouldn't normally forget. He's also a talk it out kind of dad so his nature would normally lead him to take each of them aside and talk to them rather than dressing them all down in the parking lot. Stress could absolutely lead to that but it's what popped into my head at the time knowing he dies fairly young.

I felt that pull on Randall about needing to be with William and still needing to attend to a high-stress job. In a way, I feel that William put him in a very difficult spot, but maybe he's teaching a lesson on what is truly important. Though it's also not realistic to just stop working either.

I thought the same thing. I thought William put him in a tough spot just showing up. OTOH, William knows his days are numbered and want's to spend as much time as he can with Randall.

Horse guy is named Duke.

I saw the name tag, but I didn't make out the name on it. That's ok, I'll keep referring to him with what I've been calling him in my head. Mr. Creepy Stable-Dude McCreepster. o_O Ewwww. If some dude spoke to me like that, I would tell him to knock it off. Especially if he works there. How completely unprofessional and creepy. If he kept acting that way, I'd also complain to management staff. Definitely weird, creepy and icky.

I don't think Randall would ever regret how he spent the afternoon, even if he doesn't get the account at work that he was vying for.

Yes, this was the end result of the day. Randall was frustrated because he was up to his eyeballs in work trying to land a new account. Then william shows up wanting to go to lunch and buy sunglasses. You could see Randall trying to hurry him up in the sunglasses shop, then complaining about going to 3 different diners for the right egg cream. It all came together when william told him the story about the record shop owner in his cool car. You could see Randall let all the work stuff go. It was like at that moment he realized what was truly important, his dad. getting back to work didn't matter and he let him drive around and they were both laughing. It was such a great scene.

Last edited:
Y'all his name is FERG! He also has a job as Absaroka County Deputy working for Sheriff Walt Longmire. (kidding!) I love him on Longmire. :love:

I saw the name tag, but I didn't make out the name on it. That's ok, I'll keep referring to him with what I've been calling him in my head. Mr. Creepy Stable-Dude McCreepster. o_O Ewwww. If some dude spoke to me like that, I would tell him to knock it off. Especially if he works there. How completely unprofessional and creepy. If he kept acting that way, I'd also complain to management staff. Definitely weird, creepy and icky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter