This is us..

I'm pretty sure that Kate and Kevin discussed his ex when they were sitting in the closet before Kevin left for NYC. I wish I could remember more of that conversation now.

I thought that was a recent ex-girlfriend. This episode made it sound like he hadn't seen the ex-wife in years.

Life got in the way yesterday, and I finally watched this morning. Loved it!

- except for horse guy. I really think he's just a jerk taking advantage and causing trouble for drama's sake.

I loved that Randall chose his dad over getting the new account, and how wise he was even as a child!

I felt so bad for young Kate! (And yes, Sophie was definitely part of the pool incident. - I'm hoping that was before the party, and they made up and became good friends. That way, I can root for Kevin to get back together with her!)

I don't buy the 9-11 theory, because I do think the kids were too young for that to be when Jack died. My personal theory is that he falls off the wagon and gets in a car accident.

I enjoyed the episode a lot. I love William and Randall. I kept thinking it was such a happy day for him doing what he wanted that he was going to die and I am not ready for that. I could do without Kate's character to be honest. I don't like her - there is just something about her that bugs me and maybe its that I think she is a bit whiney and just full of excuses. I don't really know.

I actually like all of the characters on this show. Even Toby and creepy horse dude. I find creepy horse dude hilarious, for now. I actually really like Toby.

I thought that was a recent ex-girlfriend. This episode made it sound like he hadn't seen the ex-wife in years.

That's probably right...I can't remember the conversation at all. I wonder if he left Sophie when he went to Hollywood... He would have been only 24 when they parted ways which means that they probably married young or weren't married long.

I felt so bad for young Kate! (And yes, Sophie was definitely part of the pool incident. - I'm hoping that was before the party, and they made up and became good friends. That way, I can root for Kevin to get back together with her!)

Or that Sophie matured and became nicer as she got older even if the pool incident was after the party. I've known some pretty obnoxious, self-centered kids who grew up to be wonderful, caring adults. Sophie may have been a follower in that group and eventually realized the error of her ways. I hope so anyway!

Being a native Pittsburgher and had just turned 17 around the time of the crash, I vividly remember when Flight 427 crashed in an area around Pittsburgh in September 1994. It was a flight from Chicago O'Hare to Pittsburgh International. Maybe this is it?

I was talking to a friend about "This is Us," and she told me that the swim pool note was signed "Sofia" and the birthday card to Kevin was signed "Sophia." I didn't catch that, and I haven't had a chance to go back and confirm that she's right. Do you think they're two different girls? Or something else?

Edit: I went back and looked at the pool note a few pages back. The names could have all been written by the same person, and maybe that girl spelled the name wrong.

I was talking to a friend about "This is Us," and she told me that the swim pool note was signed "Sofia" and the birthday card to Kevin was signed "Sophia." I didn't catch that, and I haven't had a chance to go back and confirm that she's right. Do you think they're two different girls? Or something else?

Edit: I went back and looked at the pool note a few pages back. The names could have all been written by the same person, and maybe that girl spelled the name wrong.

I noticed that too, but when I looked more closely at the picture of the pool note I could see the part of the paper where Sophia's name is written is bent over. The letter that looks like an F could be a P with part of it obscured, and the rest of the paper fold completely covers the H.

I noticed that too, but when I looked more closely at the picture of the pool note I could see the part of the paper where Sophia's name is written is bent over. The letter that looks like an F could be a P with part of it obscured, and the rest of the paper fold completely covers the H.

This is the one that I looked back to. It is folded a bit, but I can't work that f into a p or see how an h would fit in before the i. I need to go back and look for the birthday card signature.

I love how we're turning into detectives for the show..analyzing every little thing lol

For the record, I think the pool note says Sofia because if it was Sophia, there wouldn't be a cross through the P as there is for the F. Does that make sense? Lol

There are a lot of shallow men out there, this is true. However, Kate has met both of these men in weight loss groups where the men are attending for their own weight issues.
Yeah and it's TOTALLY just as shallow for a guy to only be attracted to heavy women because they are heavy as it is for a guy to only be attracted to a Victoria's Secret model. Totally. If I'm reading your post right I think you agree but there have been a few other posters seem to be affirming the guys that like the heavy girls based on their appearances alone. (Not sure I'm buying the whole "big girls have a vibe" thing. ;) )

Toby wears a fat suit for This is Us.
Have they now got Kate in one too? Maybe to facilitate the upcoming weight-loss story line? This last episode in particular her shape seemed really different, her stomach area was just super-big and sort of low (maybe I'm not describing it right :blush: ). Did anyone else notice?

Yeah and it's TOTALLY just as shallow for a guy to only be attracted to heavy women because they are heavy as it is for a guy to only be attracted to a Victoria's Secret model. Totally. If I'm reading your post right I think you agree but there have been a few other posters seem to be affirming the guys that like the heavy girls based on their appearances alone. (Not sure I'm buying the whole "big girls have a vibe" thing. ;) )

Have they now got Kate in one too? Maybe to facilitate the upcoming weight-loss story line? This last episode in particular her shape seemed really different, her stomach area was just super-big and sort of low (maybe I'm not describing it right :blush: ). Did anyone else notice?

I saw Kate at an awards show a few weeks ago and she did not look like she lost weight. It actually surprises me because I thought she would've for the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter