This Is Us- Season two

I love your very real shares on the Dis. You're obviously incredibly strong. Sometimes it helps to hear that other people have crappy crap they've had to deal with, even if its not the crappy crap you've had to deal with, does that make sense? Anyhow, thank you.
It does and it’s why I share. Everyone has something and I think that’s what this show is trying to show. It’s why I don’t judge Madison, kwim? Kate thinks she’s superficial and has a perfect life the same way she thought of Kate when she was a kid and she’s absolutely not. In her mind Jack carried the whole load and could do no wrong and we’re finding out that’s not true either. He messed up big, many times and they’re all going to have to come to terms with that eventually. IMO at it’s core this show is about being very human.

If Milo is having dating problems, I'd volunteer as tribute.
I’m not much of a fan of “pretty” men (I like guys with a little edge, crooked nose, scar, “worn” a little bit) but I wouldn’t turn him away that’s for sure. I have noticed that when he talks his mouth is crooked. At first I thought it was the drunk scenes but it’s all the time and now it bugs the heck out of me.

I’m not much of a fan of “pretty” men (I like guys with a little edge, crooked nose, scar, “worn” a little bit) but I wouldn’t turn him away that’s for sure. I have noticed that when he talks his mouth is crooked. At first I thought it was the drunk scenes but it’s all the time and now it bugs the heck out of me.

That's why he was so perfect to play Stallones son in one of the Rocky movies! Even back on Gilmore Girls it used to bug me. Doesn't bug me anymore LOL, because I like Jack, but I didn't like Jess.

It does and it’s why I share. Everyone has something and I think that’s what this show is trying to show. It’s why I don’t judge Madison, kwim? Kate thinks she’s superficial and has a perfect life the same way she thought of Kate when she was a kid and she’s absolutely not. In her mind Jack carried the whole load and could do no wrong and we’re finding out that’s not true either. He messed up big, many times and they’re all going to have to come to terms with that eventually. IMO at it’s core this show is about being very human.

Love that whole entire first paragraph - all of it, so much!

All of the men on that show are very attractive. The actor who play Kevin doesn't really do it for me, but I can certainly recognize he's a good looking man. Milo is kinda my "type," but Stirling Cooper (I meant Brown!) though - weak in the knees attractive.

Last edited:

All of the men on that show are very attractive. The actor who play Kevin doesn't really do it for me, but I can certainly recognize he's a good looking man. Milo is kinda my "type," but Stirling Cooper though - weak in the knees attractive.
Who is Stirling Cooper??

All of the men on that show are very attractive. The actor who play Kevin doesn't really do it for me, but I can certainly recognize he's a good looking man. Milo is kinda my "type," but Stirling Cooper (I meant Brown!) though - weak in the knees attractive.
Oh yeah, he has that edge thing happening. He doesn’t walk, he kind of prowls.

That's why he was so perfect to play Stallones son in one of the Rocky movies! Even back on Gilmore Girls it used to bug me. Doesn't bug me anymore LOL, because I like Jack, but I didn't like Jess.
Did he? I didn’t know that. Sly bugs me on another level but I can’t pinpoint what it is.

Well, there's plenty of attractive men in Mad Men, that's for sure.

I just started watching Mad Men for the first time on Netflix last night. I tried watching it a couple years ago and for some reason it didn't catch my attention. So I wanted to try again and I liked the first episode so far! Looking forward to binging it when I have time, haha.

I relate to something almost every episode. Some too personal to mention but just a short list:

Kevin-the kid whose parents think he’s “okay” and focus their attention on the kids who “need” them. Man, let me tell ya, I was that kid. It’s a very lonely existence and having to always be “on” to prove you’re alright is exhausting. You just want someone to take it off your hands so you can just be a kid and don’t have such high expectations to live up to.

Randall-debilitating anxiety, the need to fix things, desperately wanting people to “be okay” to my own detriment.

Kate-Mom issues. Oh yeah, times two moms. Somewhere in my mid thirties I learned to make peace with a lot of it but after a recent conversation with my sister it’s clear I can’t forget. Her weight issues. My sister has been obese her entire life. She recently had weight loss surgery and I just didn’t understand it because she’s lost weight on her own in the past. Then she explained it to me, it’s not about food, not even close.

Jack-parents with addiction issues. DH the same. He also does not speak to his father and I dread the day I get the same kind of call Rebecca did. She’s a better woman than I though. Like Toby I’m “Team DH Foreva” and the amount of pain that man has caused him I won’t be giving him any kind of shot at redemption.

Rebecca-Wrapping your whole life up in your family and forgetting how to be you. Yep, have done that. Never gave anything up for it but I never pursued anything either.

eta: I have literally sat in the car waiting for a parent to come out of a bar more times than I can count. Those scenes were like a gut punch.
:flower3: I guess I'm just to literal a thinker to be able to identify with situations that are metaphorical. I'm just like that with fiction - books, television, movies. I can find the stories interesting but still not ever "engage" with the pretend people in them. :o

I didn't realize I related to much, but when Kate was telling Toby how it might not happen, I said out loud "Oh Kate, 7 months of fear, that's awful", the immediately it came to me, and out came "oh...been there done that" to my husband. My first pregnancy I started bleeding at 20 weeks and my son was born at 34 weeks. So my 2nd pregnancy, I was pretty much terrified anytime I went to the bathroom for the entire pregnancy, so I get it her fear.

Didn't want to press like on your post.

That must have been awful elgerber. :hug: to you and all the women who go through that constant fear.

:flower3: I guess I'm just to literal a thinker to be able to identify with situations that are metaphorical. I'm just like that with fiction - books, television, movies. I can find the story interesting but still not ever "engage" with the pretend people in them. :o

I can see that Annette.

I did that on the scene with Kevin and Randall in his office. It was very emotional for a lot of people on this thread, if not the most emotional scene of the series.

I was not there. In fact, I was thinking about office security at the time. And the logistics of the theatre to the office.

And sometimes when I feel I am being emotionally manipulated, I turn completely off. Even if it might have hit home.

But when something hits emotionally, I never ever forget it. Fried into my brain. Decades after I can recite it, place it and feel it. Totally off topic but there is one scene in Sex And The City that is probably two decades old. It seems like I saw it yesterday. I am sighing now just thinking about it. Big being so open and emotional with Carrie, on his own accord when he was ill. The next morning acting like it never even happened. Like she was crazy.

Last edited:
There was one scene that I thought was hysterical between Randall and Beth in the last episode. The dialogue that ensued when she was trying to tell him to dial down his cool! :rotfl2:

OT, but for anyone that is not aware the two actors have known each other for years. I believe that they went to school together. I just love their dynamic. Great casting. Great writing.

I just started watching Mad Men for the first time on Netflix last night. I tried watching it a couple years ago and for some reason it didn't catch my attention. So I wanted to try again and I liked the first episode so far! Looking forward to binging it when I have time, haha.

Thanks Erin. :rolleyes1 Speaking of scenes that are fried on my brain. :rotfl2:

Wait until you get to the last episode of season 6. I bawled. Very quiet scene. No talking and I bawled.

Man I just loved that show. Every Sunday I was so damn excited. Writing, acting and the fact that I believe NYC is my soulmate. :goodvibes

Well, there's plenty of attractive men in Mad Men, that's for sure.

For me it was because they were so complex and interesting. Always the brain for me.

Elisabeth Moss was the ultimate. Apparently the role of Peggy was written for Emily Van Camp. But she couldn't get out of a contract at the time.

I can't imagine anyone but Elisabeth.

Okay back to This Is Us. :rolleyes1 I could talk all day about Mad Men.

Last edited:

From his IMDb page: His self-described 'crooked mouth' is a result of dead nerves, which cause the left side of his mouth to remain immobile.

Justin Hartely (Kevin was married yesterday).
He married Chriselle Stause, if anyone watched All My Children she played Amanda Dillon.
Beautiful couple!!!:love:

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest