This doesn’t sound good (EMH going away?)

I mean they have daily rates for tickets and if there happens to be a hard ticket event you get kicked out early.

This is the one part I have an issue with, along with the early morning hours going on for too many days. If they want to remove a perk, and feel that they can still sell out their hotels, good for them. But I do not like them potentially cutting back on my regular hours trip just to upsell something.
Also, the morning DAH takes away any advantage of showing up early, because there are already hundreds of people in the park before it opens. Any legitimate after hours paid events are fine in my book.

They’re gonna get nailed when the economy crashes, and honestly they deserve it. There is no valid reason to stay onsite anymore:

Nightly parking fees
Transportation to and from the parks is horrible
Select offsite hotels now get 60 day fast passes
Magic Hours at MK being removed, and you can bet the other parks will follow suit as well

If you’re tired of this stuff, take a break from the parks for at least a year, I promise you if enough people do it, it will have an effect.

Didn't they introduce all of the EMHs because of the economy crash? Maybe they are trying to fill the coffers as much as they can then they will just cut them and reintroduce EMH when the economy sucks. We will see a "WE LISTENED AND BROUGHT BACK EMH!" ad.

Didn't they introduce all of the EMHs because of the economy crash? Maybe they are trying to fill the coffers as much as they can then they will just cut them and reintroduce EMH when the economy sucks. We will see a "WE LISTENED AND BROUGHT BACK EMH!" ad.
EMHs were around well before the economy crash. They were one of the earlier benefits of staying on site, well before FP+

We generally plan around early EMH because that park is so crowded. Is the economy crashing??

We generally plan around early EMH because that park is so crowded. Is the economy crashing??

No, I thought I read the extra magic hours were introduced to lure people in when crowds were low. I thought it was the economy crash but maybe it was 9/11.

I assume they know the economy won't always support these paid extras. The crowds probably won't drop until the economy does.

Do people plan around EMH? When we planned our trip we already had our dates planned, hotel booked and had a rough idea of which park which day before EMH was even released. Then it just happened that some had EMH while we were there. We only do one park per day so EMH is kind of luck of the draw. This seems like more of a loss for park hopper people.
It's pretty easy to "guess" which parks will have extra magic hours on which days if you study the schedule. They are usually the same days of the week. That's what I did when planning our trip last year, and I guessed correctly. This year we booked free dining so we had to get hoppers.

Just spitballing here..
If you start offering way more hotels access to the 60 day fastpass perk making them harder to get for everyone
Star Wars opens and increases crowd levels exponentially
EMH hours are reduced/ removed making it harder to find any time that is manageable

Seems like a nice set up for introducing paid fast passes doesn’t it ?

It seems like everyone on these boards wants it to lately b/c then wdw will be punished & it'll be cheaper. But, I gotta think at least some of these ppl will also be negatively affected by an economic crash.

Do people plan around EMH? When we planned our trip we already had our dates planned, hotel booked and had a rough idea of which park which day before EMH was even released. Then it just happened that some had EMH while we were there. We only do one park per day so EMH is kind of luck of the draw. This seems like more of a loss for park hopper people.

When we go to Disney during Party Season, which is just about the only time we go, I can absolutely say YES we very much plan around Magic Kingdom evening magic hours. It's just about the only way to enjoy MK at night. You lose 4 nights a week to the party, and we always avoid MK on Saturday, so that left just 2 times a week to choose from to enjoy MK at night. Since both would be crowded, we always opted for the one that gave us a little extra park time.

It seems like everyone on these boards wants it to lately b/c then wdw will be punished & it'll be cheaper. But, I gotta think at least some of these ppl will also be negatively affected by an economic crash.

As nice as a cheaper Disney trip sounds, I'd rather be sound financially. It's easier to save money for a vacation when you have a job.

Who wants the economy to crash? I certainly don't. I just see people saying Disney will milk a good economy as long as they can. It only makes sense from a business standpoint to get as much money as you can while times are good because they won't always be.

If you make all EMH in the morning, never evening, that creates a bit of a problem for those of us in Central, Mountain, or especially Pacific time zones. How many people from California, for example, will get to MK for an 8:00 opening when it feels like 5:00am to them? Offering some evening EMH helped more guests.

Who wants the economy to crash? I certainly don't. I just see people saying Disney will milk a good economy as long as they can. It only makes sense from a business standpoint to get as much money as you can while times are good because they won't always be.
Some ppl keep talking about how it will happen & Disney will be sorry. They almost seem like the want it to happen just to spite Disney.

Some ppl keep talking about how it will happen & Disney will be sorry. They almost seem like the want it to happen just to spite Disney.

I don't want to punish disney. I assume they know the economy will eventually not support extra ticketed events and they have a plan in place for that. I also assume they have a plan in place for every possible scenario because they are good at business.

Except getting the message to the great mass of potential Disney visitors that "Disney is now nowhere near as expensive as you've been hearing it is for the last decade", is going to take a lot of expensive marketing. Once an idea has lodged in the collective consciousness, dislodging it is extremely hard. There's a balance to be maintained, and I'm not sure Disney are paying attention anymore, as short-term stock goosing seems to be the shape of the Iger's exit plan.

I dont want it to crash and i don't think anyone is wishing that, but it's inevitable.

All I'm saying is that for the industry disney is in, they are going to get nailed really hard. I'll quote Mark Cuban's comment in regards to the NFL, i think honestly it kind of fits here.

“pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered. And [it’s] getting hoggy.”

The economy is awesome, the parks are full, the resorts are full but they continue to reduce park hours? How can they continue to justify this? More people + less hours = extremely crowded parks. They have created the perfect model for upcharge events. Genius! If we didn’t have $3,000 in Disney gift card I would cancel our August trip and go to Hawaii.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter