Things that gross you out in WDW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
note to self, remember to pick up more clorox travel packets at Target......

I have a pretty high tolerance for grossness (I have 3 boys) but I must say thongs gross me out. I really, really don't want to look up from lunch to see that hot pink thong in all it's glory. :scared: that memory is ingrained in my mind for.ev.er!!!!

With all the complaints about other people...I gotta ask....I am the only one that secretly laughs on the inside about how ridiculous some people look or act at Disney.:confused3
I admit, it's funny to look at some people and how absurd they are acting or looking.
I just keep on walking, laugh, then say to myself, I'm sure someone else is thinking the same about me...oh well. :rotfl:

I kinda hate to admit it....but DD and I do the same. We call it "judging" .... and yes everyone I know it's sooo very wrong and politically incorrect and good lord I don't want to start a breastfeeding troll......live and let live...everyone is different...etc etc etc My own priest would toss me in the confessional..:rotfl2: But it just seems that the ratio of what I (which may not be correct..I'm trying hard here folks) perceive to be normal dress and behavior vs. what I see in WDW is rather high. Regardless...everyone seems happy.....diversity at it's best.....it gives us something to lightly chat about and it truly truly makes us smile a LOT. On an educational level.....it opens a LOT of doors for conversation regarding proper parenting, behavior in public, values, handicapped kids, HYGIENE (hahahhaa)...etc. Life is a classroom for sure.

I'm "grossed" out by rude people. It just turns my stomach when I hear/see someone being foul/rude/intolerant. I'm physically grossed out by bad smells, like BO. I teach 7th grade so I'm pretty tolerant of odor, but some folks really are icky.

I saw a little boy playing in the fountains at Epcot, cute as a button...he also had poop running down his leg from his diaper. I noticed as I was walking by (trying to stop DS from jumping in the fountains) there was some floating in the puddles. I still get grossed out just thinking about it & avoid those fountains like crazy.

Unflushed toilets and mucus...other than that, not much grosses me out. I think my job helps with this..I am more than capable of being in a surgery with traumatic amputations and then going to eat lunch/supper. Also, you'd be surprised at the number of people who don't shave their legs,clean out their belly button and/or their nooks and crannies.(found a bit of a sandwich in a very large woman's stomach folds:eek:) Because of all this, I'm immune to a lot of the grossness. Even vomit.

i have to say, the turkey legs are the grossest thing i've ever seen. last june, DH, DD12 and i were standing at the ferry dock at the back side of world showcase (near the american adventure) and this woman and her teen children (13-15, i'd guess, 1 boy, 1 girl) were devouring a turkey leg like a pack of rabid dogs. they picked it CLEAN in about 5 minutes-nothing left but the bare bone and cartilage spikes sticking up-it was the most disgusting spectacle i'd ever seen. oh, and they had some sort of yellowish dip for it, so that was added bonus.

I actually don't mind seeing someone change a pee diaper. But I do agree that changing a poo diaper outside of the restroom is gross.

I also try and remember that sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Once we were on a very long car trip during winter. We stopped at an outlet mall to give DD (then 8 months a break). She was restless and just wanted to go. But we didn't have many options so we were browsing in a jewelry store and let her crawl. Boy did we get the looks from the lady working there. We were actually buying too so it wasn't that we were just in there to crawl. Ideally would I want her crawling there? No. But we figured it was the least crowded store and kept our eyes on her like a hawk to make sure no hands went in the mouth. Then we immediately use sanitizer to clean her up.

Please don't feed the troll:

troll-wdw.JPG

Thank you. You said EXACTLY what I was thinking. Look at the Join Date and the amount of posts the anti-breast feeding person has. They are just posting to rile everyone up.
If you ignore them, they will get bored and go away.

Well I might be a little late on this but about the breastfeeding and people thinking it's disgusting:

While I do not agree with it being disgusting, I think people should be allowed to be grossed out with whatever they feel grosses them out. I don't think it makes them a bad person at all lot be grossed out by anything. I think it's kind of unfair to berate them for their opinions and feelings like some of you have.

I can take it all, except the vomit....all done after that, usually joining them pretty quickly myself....dont know why, just cant take it. Now this board has been very helpful to me, I will toss the midriff t-shirt that really highlights my Man****s, keep the smoke in designated area and lose the turkey leg. Hope you are All really really happy now. Good day

I saw a little boy playing in the fountains at Epcot, cute as a button...he also had poop running down his leg from his diaper. I noticed as I was walking by (trying to stop DS from jumping in the fountains) there was some floating in the puddles. I still get grossed out just thinking about it & avoid those fountains like crazy.

I've a seen that before as well, at the fountains by Mission: Space... Ewwwwwww

BREASTFEEDING in public!! :sad2:

Well I might be a little late on this but about the breastfeeding and people thinking it's disgusting:

While I do not agree with it being disgusting, I think people should be allowed to be grossed out with whatever they feel grosses them out. I don't think it makes them a bad person at all lot be grossed out by anything. I think it's kind of unfair to berate them for their opinions and feelings like some of you have.

I agree, the original breast feeding response was short and direct. There were no additional comments to egg anybody into an argument, but lo and behold the posters comments go against the majority opinon and he only has 37 posts so he must be a troll. Thank goodness for all of you who have saved us and this thread from the troll.:rolleyes:

Why don't you just let people answer the question that was asked!!

People chewing with their mouth open and constant nose sniffing. Both make me sick to my stomach, and there is no excuse for either one!!! :crazy2:

Thank you. You said EXACTLY what I was thinking. Look at the Join Date and the amount of posts the anti-breast feeding person has. They are just posting to rile everyone up.
If you ignore them, they will get bored and go away.

so let me get this straight...if you joined recently, have a low number of posts and disagree, you are a troll? i have been seeing this accusation as of late on the boards. seems a bit immature to me.

now if a poster is always tossing grenades in threads then i can see calling them a troll. but that really has nothing to do with the number of posts or join date for a person. does it?

My gross outs are

- people talking on cell phones in the bathroom (come on! you can't even pee in peace?)
- that funky smell in Cool Zone at Epcot...guessing it has something to do w/ the fountain
- gum on the ground that gets stuck to my shoe (happened 2X one day at wdw!)
- kids picking their noses
- unflushed toilets
- #2 diaper changing in public
- Body odor and/or excessive sweating
- when the "snow" at wdw smells like throwup
- dirty water in rides or landscaping, if it has trash in it or a weird film
- wet seats on rides or anywhere else

And now I think I'll go take a shower.

People chewing with their mouth open and constant nose sniffing. Both make me sick to my stomach, and there is no excuse for either one!!! :crazy2:

hold on, the chewing with mouth open has no excuse. nose sniffing, c'mon, nothing wrong with a little coke habit...:rotfl2: (just kidding, no i'm not a troll)

never seen it happen, but you know it has......

Being trapped on mission space why someone vomits. :sick:
This is the main reason i will NEVER ride it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter