There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
restaurants and lobby. That's an interesting addition to room refurbs.

Not sure which greeter said this. The lobby definitely is getting another rehab but the restaurants aren't on the list that I know of.

If anyone is there now, can you tell me if the Mickey Graduation Ears are available?

We will be staying 7 nights at Boardwalk Villas and then moving to the YC CL for 2 nights. We have ROOM only prices. I am an annual passholder, my DH has an 8 day park hopper. When I check out of the BWV do I have to check in again at the YC CL before I can go to the parks? I'm thinking no, because my DH park hopper is still in effect and I'm the PH. We can check in anytime, right? The magic bands should still work? I know I won't be able to use SAB until we check in. I know that the BWV will move our luggage to the YC but will our luggage be held at the YC until we get there or will it be out in our room?
Your luggage will be held until you check in and they assign the room. I think only the ME will put your bags in your room without calling for them.

Your MBs should work in the parks.

Thanks so much for this info! The only other pre-opening breakfast I have is at Crystal Palace and I was planning a taxi to the Contemporary anyway so we can sleep in as late as possible! We have had so many issues with the early ADRs at Tusker House over the years that we no longer make them. Buses never coming. Driving but having the entrance blocked until exactly 8 am so finishing the meal before rope drop is impossible. Taxi is definitely the way to go! Hope the rest of your trip is wonderful!
This is really disappointing. We love doing 8am ADRs at tusker house before the 9am opening. Taking a taxi would be difficult since we are 7 people including a double stroller. When we stayed at BLT in October we had no problem getting to AK for 8am (we caught the bus around 7:30). Is it just YC that stopped busses before 8am? I don't understand how they could offer ADRs and not the bus service to get to them. We will either have to only eat breakfast at cape May or pick a different resort to stay at.

We also like an 8am ADR for crystal palace. Do they not offer busses to MK before 8am either? I thought if we were waiting for busses around 7:20 it wouldn't be a problem. Boo.

This is really disappointing. We love doing 8am ADRs at tusker house before the 9am opening. Taking a taxi would be difficult since we are 7 people including a double stroller. When we stayed at BLT in October we had no problem getting to AK for 8am (we caught the bus around 7:30). Is it just YC that stopped busses before 8am? I don't understand how they could offer ADRs and not the bus service to get to them. We will either have to only eat breakfast at cape May or pick a different resort to stay at. We also like an 8am ADR for crystal palace. Do they not offer busses to MK before 8am either? I thought if we were waiting for busses around 7:20 it wouldn't be a problem. Boo.
I'm not sure about the early ADR busses, but we drove our own car to AK for our early breakfast at Tusker and had no problem getting in early. Also, we took a taxi home from Downtown Disney and there were eight of us and we all fit in one of the large vans that they have. Not sure if that might be an option for you.

Teena: Hoping to see you for our Thanksgiving trip this year!!! Have to wait until DD does her "traditions" for the college program (she arrives on August 4th!!!) to see if we will be able to get a discounted room at BC and or YC!! I hope BC is available for that. We may do a split stay with WL also!

She is so excited about the DCP, her dream (she has been chosen in merchandising) would be to work in the BC gift shop!!

Fingers crossed for DH, he loves staying at BC and visiting with you!!

P.S. Richard says hello, and he has to admit that the Magic Bands were pretty awesome....but he still hasn't made up his mind on the whole FP+ thing!!!

Don't we all dream of working at the BC! :goodvibes

That is so exciting that your daughter gets to participate in the college program. It sounds like such a great thing to be a part of!

I'm not sure about the early ADR busses, but we drove our own car to AK for our early breakfast at Tusker and had no problem getting in early. Also, we took a taxi home from Downtown Disney and there were eight of us and we all fit in one of the large vans that they have. Not sure if that might be an option for you.

I just realized the kids would need car seats to ride in a van. We will have three still in 5-pt harnesses, though one might graduate to booster by then, and I wasn't planning on bringing any. I figured with The busses from the airport and to the parks we would be set. If busses really don't start running until 8am then we might have to change plans. If we stayed at CR then we could walk to MK. I am off to see if the transportation board has any ideas.

Buses start rolling at 6:30AM every day for early ADRs.

Yay!!!! Thank you!!! I was scared for a minute there! My three year olds have beaten me to an emotional pulp with their antics the last few days and I don't think I could have taken another disappointment.

Tell Richard I'm starting to love the FP+ thing!!! I got Anna and Elsa FP+ for Lily for July!!!!!

That is One Hot Item you got for her!!!! So glad you won't have to do the whole "five hours in line" thing!!!!

I'm sure you are counting down the days to play in the parks with her!!!

Don't we all dream of working at the BC! :goodvibes

That is so exciting that your daughter gets to participate in the college program. It sounds like such a great thing to be a part of!

She is beyond excited!!! We were actually at Disney World for Mardi Gras this year when she called us to say she was accepted!!!

This is really disappointing. We love doing 8am ADRs at tusker house before the 9am opening. Taking a taxi would be difficult since we are 7 people including a double stroller. When we stayed at BLT in October we had no problem getting to AK for 8am (we caught the bus around 7:30). Is it just YC that stopped busses before 8am? I don't understand how they could offer ADRs and not the bus service to get to them. We will either have to only eat breakfast at cape May or pick a different resort to stay at.

We also like an 8am ADR for crystal palace. Do they not offer busses to MK before 8am either? I thought if we were waiting for busses around 7:20 it wouldn't be a problem. Boo.

There should, theoretically, be buses for the early character meals at the parks though the PP who is there now said they were discontinued. It seems difficult to imagine they would do such a thing. I prefer a taxi because, as I said, I haven't had good transportation experiences. But I am sure many people do not have my bad luck, you will probably be fine. The good thing is that, especially, the CMs at Tusker house know there are AK transportation issues and will seat you if you arrive late as will most other character breakfasts (only CRT have been sticklers about this, and I am sure it varies among CMs). Have a great trip!

Teena, will you be in the lobby either Sunday June 1 or Monday June 2? I would like to bring you something from Kentucky, I was thinking bourbon balls or maybe a derby pie :-) Last time we were there you were off so I am hoping to get to meet you this time :thumbsup2

Tell Richard I'm starting to love the FP+ thing!!! I got Anna and Elsa FP+ for Lily for July!!!!!

I was able to get one too! It wasn't for the day I originally wanted but I got one for Sunday, July 20.

I was able to get one too! It wasn't for the day I originally wanted but I got one for Sunday, July 20.

Congrats!!! It's kind of like Willie Wonka's Golden Ticket, huh??? Were you also able to get the Mine Train?

Just curious how difficult that one has been to get!!!

Teena, will you be in the lobby either Sunday June 1 or Monday June 2? I would like to bring you something from Kentucky, I was thinking bourbon balls or maybe a derby pie :-) Last time we were there you were off so I am hoping to get to meet you this time :thumbsup2

Unless something crazy happens with my COPD, I will be scheduled to work on both those days. Then on June 14th, I'm off on the Disney Fantasy again for a week! I can't wait to see you and the family!!!!!!

I'm so excited. Just got done getting ALL the Fast Passes for when Jeanne and Lily are here and got exactly what I wanted for every day I wanted. Also got all the dining we wanted with the princesses and characters. Now if I could only figure out a way to cool it off a bit while they are here.

TeenaS said:
Unless something crazy happens with my COPD, I will be scheduled to work on both those days. Then on June 14th, I'm off on the Disney Fantasy again for a week! I can't wait to see you and the family!!!!!!

I'm so excited. Just got done getting ALL the Fast Passes for when Jeanne and Lily are here and got exactly what I wanted for every day I wanted. Also got all the dining we wanted with the princesses and characters. Now if I could only figure out a way to cool it off a bit while they are here.

So glad you got all you wanted-you can relax now knowing you are sorted for a wonderful time with your favourite girls :)

Sorry, this is kinda :offtopic: but related to my upcoming BC stay so I thought I would ask...

On the old thread someone mentioned that if you place your GG order more than 60 days out you get a discount. I looked on the site and didn't see anything about it. Does anyone have any additional information or OP if you are still out there can you provide some more information.
Thanks!

We are here at the YC now and encountered this issue on Monday. We didn't see any boats and since I had developed a blister, we didn't want to walk that morning - its a nice walk but we didn't want to spend the steps. We took a cab and it was $10 with the tip.

We also had an 8 am breakfast at AK on Sunday, and I learned (from the front desk, bell desk and concierge) there is no longer a bus for early ADRs, and the bus doesn't begin to run until an hour before park opening. The last few years I have been here, at different resort hotels, there has always been a 6:30 bus. We drove to AK, but that's something to verify and keep in mind if you have early ADRs elsewhere.

Hmm, we have to be at AK by 8:30 am for a Girl Scout program. When is the earliest bus now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter