The Wish is Terrific

I had a chai tea latte at the place near Marceline Market (not Cove Cafe). I thought it tasted different and when I asked I found out it was made from a liquid concentrate and not the powdered chai they use on the other ships. Not a complaint, just a comparison. What I didn't like about it was that it was a much smaller cup than the other ships. It also was served lukewarm and not hot. I politely asked if they could make it hotter and they graciously made me another one....that one was the same temperature as the first so I thanked them and went on my way. I don't enjoy paying the same price for less product. I think that is a valid complaint. I did not have any other Chai lattes at other places onboard but I did notice larger cups at the bar/coffee bar on Deck 4 (forget the name).

MJ
Thanks for the heads-up.
I'm seriously considering bring either a powder or concentrate on my next cruise. Disney's same price but smaller cup tactic is annoying, but at least now I'm prepared.

Thanks for the heads-up.
I'm seriously considering bring either a powder or concentrate on my next cruise. Disney's same price but smaller cup tactic is annoying, but at least now I'm prepared.
I would definitely bring an alternative if you're concerned! I actually bring packets of decaf instant coffee to have in the evenings before bed because I don't care very much for the free decaf coffee on the ship (this is the same on all DCL ships, not just the Wish).

Thanks for the heads-up.

They may use the larger cups at other areas onboard but that one place the cup was way smaller.

On the other ships they had chai tea bags from room service and in cabanas if that helps.

Last edited:

On the Wish now. This is my family’s 10th Disney cruise. We’ve been on all the ships. Im here with wife and daughter 16. We are in an ocean view stateroom. Not concierge. The ship is amazing. The food and service are terrific. Everything is brand new. So much negativity on this board with prior reviews of the Wish. Most people don’t care about all the stuff that is complained about here - cove cafe and supposed dead ends / design flaws and a different kind of quiet adult area?!?! 99 percent of people have interests other than these complaints. We had high expectations and are having a great time. Just wanted to post some positivity for those who may be popping over to this site before going on the Wish. It’s certainly not a horrible or weird or disturbing experience — which is the vibe that can come off on this site. So if you are going on the Wish in the coming months, you have a lot to look forward to. It’s been great.
Thank you for a bit of positivity. Going on my first Disney Cruise on the Wish next month, and I’ve been having anxiety that we will be disappointed given all of the negative comments/reviews.

On the ship now. It is beautiful…but. Hate to agree with the majority but the layout is horrible. So many dead spaces. The two biggest negatives and they are huge is no walking/jogging promenade and the fixed tv over the bed. They are honestly deal breakers for us. We love walking around the outside of the ship and you can only walk one side for about 50 yards and then hit a dead end and need to go back inside and walk the other side. Ridiculous.
The food is fantastic and the service has been outstanding so far. Very clean. Nice for a once and done cruise but back to the Dream for us.

On the Wish now. This is my family’s 10th Disney cruise. We’ve been on all the ships. Im here with wife and daughter 16. We are in an ocean view stateroom. Not concierge. The ship is amazing. The food and service are terrific. Everything is brand new. So much negativity on this board with prior reviews of the Wish. Most people don’t care about all the stuff that is complained about here - cove cafe and supposed dead ends / design flaws and a different kind of quiet adult area?!?! 99 percent of people have interests other than these complaints. We had high expectations and are having a great time. Just wanted to post some positivity for those who may be popping over to this site before going on the Wish. It’s certainly not a horrible or weird or disturbing experience — which is the vibe that can come off on this site. So if you are going on the Wish in the coming months, you have a lot to look forward to. It’s been great.
This is so nice to hear. We sail early next year and all the negativity had me so nervous and thinking about switching back to the Dream, which we know and love. Aqua Mouse breaking down reports particularly were not great to hear.

On the ship now. It is beautiful…but. Hate to agree with the majority but the layout is horrible. So many dead spaces. The two biggest negatives and they are huge is no walking/jogging promenade and the fixed tv over the bed. They are honestly deal breakers for us. We love walking around the outside of the ship and you can only walk one side for about 50 yards and then hit a dead end and need to go back inside and walk the other side. Ridiculous.
The food is fantastic and the service has been outstanding so far. Very clean. Nice for a once and done cruise but back to the Dream for us.
No you don't. You walk up stairs and or down stairs to go... There is no one straight path yes but you certainly don't need to go to one side after 50 yards.

Also, I never ran into dead spaces I have no idea where people are walking to or not paying attention to on the signs or maps.

No you don't. You walk up stairs and or down stairs to go... There is no one straight path yes but you certainly don't need to go to one side after 50 yards.

Also, I never ran into dead spaces I have no idea where people are walking to or not paying attention to on the signs or maps.
There is a stair well on both deck 5 sides leading up to deck six that is locked when the ship is in motion. On the aft side it is a dead end. Trust me, I am on the ship now - you can not walk around. Even when the stairs are open to deck 6 promenade you have to go back down and hit a dead end on deck 5 midship.
On deck 12 and 13 aft dead ends abound.

There is a stair well on both deck 5 sides leading up to deck six that is locked when the ship is in motion. On the aft side it is a dead end. Trust me, I am on the ship now - you can not walk around. Even when the stairs are open to deck 6 promenade you have to go back down and hit a dead end on deck 5 midship.
I never ran into locked areas based on the ship moving. We walked to the bow of the ship when we were going to Nassau in the morning. It may be weather dependent though would be my guess... We had zero wind issues and sunny every day.

This is so nice to hear. We sail early next year and all the negativity had me so nervous and thinking about switching back to the Dream, which we know and love. Aqua Mouse breaking down reports particularly were not great to hear.

Pay attention to what people are positive or negative about and then apply that to what it is you enjoy about a cruise. Just because someone had a good time or a bad time is irrelevant, it's why they did or didn't enjoy the ship that matters.

Thanks for your report. I will be on the Wish for the first time in 2 weeks. I can’t wait to see this ship. It’s my 9th cruise and I completely agree with you on that I am happy just to be on vacation. And how blessed I feel to be able to take a DCL cruise every couple of years, in between my DVC vacations. So, many people will never have the means to experience these beautiful ships and enjoy these fabulous vacations. 😎🚢👍🏻💫✨

I am so grateful for your post!! We were going back and forth on whether or not to cancel or cruise on the Wish in May. Based upon your comments we are going to keep our reservation. Thanks a bunch!!

The promenade spans three decks, not two. You start on deck 4, take stairs up to deck 5, and then take another set of stairs up to deck 6. There's no dead end at deck 5 midship unless those stairs are also closed. Even if the deck 6 stairs are locked (why?), it's still nearly the full length of the ship before you have to go inside to get to the other side.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no way from one side to the other around the back. It's nice to finally have access to the bow on deck 6, though!

There are spaces that are in a U-shape and have only one entrance/exit at the top of the U. So when you walk all the way around….dead end and you have to go back. The spa, fitness center, the adults area and the ring around the sports deck. It also causes unnessesary congestion in traffic flow

Thank you for the review.
We are so excited.
This is our first cruise ever just me and my husband. We have booked a spa treatment on first day at 4:30. We don't want to miss the sail away party. We wasn't sure what time the sail away party is. Can anyone tell us what time the deck party start? I don't think we will have enough time to get to spa.

Thank you for the review.
We are so excited.
This is our first cruise ever just me and my husband. We have booked a spa treatment on first day at 4:30. We don't want to miss the sail away party. We wasn't sure what time the sail away party is. Can anyone tell us what time the deck party start? I don't think we will have enough time to get to spa.
I think that the sail away party starts at 4pm.

The TV over the bed is a huge negative/deal breaker? I'm not being sarcastic, i'm just amazed that they could spend $1 Billion on a ship and because they didn't use swivel mounts people are like, "Never again!".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter