The Wish is Terrific

Doob

Earning My Ears
On the Wish now. This is my family’s 10th Disney cruise. We’ve been on all the ships. Im here with wife and daughter 16. We are in an ocean view stateroom. Not concierge. The ship is amazing. The food and service are terrific. Everything is brand new. So much negativity on this board with prior reviews of the Wish. Most people don’t care about all the stuff that is complained about here - cove cafe and supposed dead ends / design flaws and a different kind of quiet adult area?!?! 99 percent of people have interests other than these complaints. We had high expectations and are having a great time. Just wanted to post some positivity for those who may be popping over to this site before going on the Wish. It’s certainly not a horrible or weird or disturbing experience — which is the vibe that can come off on this site. So if you are going on the Wish in the coming months, you have a lot to look forward to. It’s been great.

Glad you posted a comment, looking forward to more of your reviews of stateroom, any tips on boarding and EVERYTHING! a so excited to you. I sail in Sept and am really getting excited somI want to hear all your thoughts!m

On the Wish now. This is my family’s 10th Disney cruise. We’ve been on all the ships. Im here with wife and daughter 16. We are in an ocean view stateroom. Not concierge. The ship is amazing. The food and service are terrific. Everything is brand new. So much negativity on this board with prior reviews of the Wish. Most people don’t care about all the stuff that is complained about here - cove cafe and supposed dead ends / design flaws and a different kind of quiet adult area?!?! 99 percent of people have interests other than these complaints. We had high expectations and are having a great time. Just wanted to post some positivity for those who may be popping over to this site before going on the Wish. It’s certainly not a horrible or weird or disturbing experience — which is the vibe that can come off on this site. So if you are going on the Wish in the coming months, you have a lot to look forward to. It’s been great.

Glad you’re enjoying your cruise. How exactly do you know for a fact that most people don’t care about the things you mention?

Last edited:

Thank you for your thoughts. Are CM or some passengers wearing masks?

A couple folks have asked — How do I know the overwhelming majority of people on the Wish cruise right now aren’t miserable / complaining about minutia (cove cafe!? Ha!) like some folks do on this board?

People are having a great time. You can see it. They say it. There is great energy on the ship. The dinners have been amazing. The food is fantastic. The crew are falling over themselves to serve and help. Pirate night was different and more fun than ever. Aqua mouse was fun. We had no problem getting into Hyperspace lounge — it was cool. The Senses fitness center is wonderful — kids 14-17 can work out with an adult; so my daughter came with me.

I could go on and on about good stuff on the Wish. Did we get turned around once or twice while walking around the ship? Sure - who cares!! Did we have to take an elevator then walk a flight of stairs once or twice? Sure - who cares!! Some folks here complain about foolishness.

Disney obviously doesn’t build its ships only for some of the Disboards crowd. Nor should Disney do so.

We are getting ready to get off for Castaway Cay now. Looking forward to another great day.

A couple folks have asked — How do I know the overwhelming majority of people on the Wish cruise right now aren’t miserable / complaining about minutia (cove cafe!? Ha!) like some folks do on this board?

People are having a great time. You can see it. They say it. There is great energy on the ship. The dinners have been amazing. The food is fantastic. The crew are falling over themselves to serve and help. Pirate night was different and more fun than ever. Aqua mouse was fun. We had no problem getting into Hyperspace lounge — it was cool. The Senses fitness center is wonderful — kids 14-17 can work out with an adult; so my daughter came with me.

I could go on and on about good stuff on the Wish. Did we get turned around once or twice while walking around the ship? Sure - who cares!! Did we have to take an elevator then walk a flight of stairs once or twice? Sure - who cares!! Some folks here complain about foolishness.

Disney obviously doesn’t build its ships only for some of the Disboards crowd. Nor should Disney do so.

We are getting ready to get off for Castaway Cay now. Looking forward to another great day.

So you don't know, got it.

On the Wish now. This is my family’s 10th Disney cruise. We’ve been on all the ships. Im here with wife and daughter 16.
Welcome to Disboards. I see this is your first post. Since you have been on 10 Disney cruises but new
to this forum what is your opinion on the other ships in comparison?

We shall see in the future when newness wears off how well it does.

Thank you for posting age of your daughter as we will be sailing with teens so good to hear she had a
good time. They are beyond excited to go. Glad you had a good time!

We love the other 4 ships. The wish is great too. People often like to just complain on this forum. They are basically just talking to each other — without regard for the other 99 percent who are perfectly happy. And thrilled to be on vacation! And don’t care about cove cafe! And don’t care about so-called design flaws raised by people who certainly don’t have an engineering degree! And don’t care about the number and size of jewelry shops onboard!

These people would be mad it was the same style as the others ships - boring they would say. Or they are mad that there are some differences - how dare they move my coffee bar?! Haha.

So I wanted to add some balance and perspective with my original post. My wife and I have had a blast on our 10th Disney cruise. My 16 dsughter (her 9th cruise) has had a good time too with bingo, Vibe, fitness, trivia, meals, the Aqua mouse slide, etc. We’ve gone on the slide 3 times; once was enough for Star Wars lounge (fun though). The lines for entry into dining rooms have not been long. The lines for food by the pools have been fine, too. The shows during the dinners have been fun. After dinners, we liked the Seas show. We see Mermaid tonight.

We are bummed to be leaving the ship tomorrow. Off to Disney World. But you haters can keep on posting your hate here. We will still be having fun.

Thank you so much for your review of the Wish! We haven't booked yet because we like the longer cruises, but have decided that when we do book it would be a B2B to make it at least a 7 night cruise. The Wish is beautiful and I like the idea of the smaller pools. We look forward to sailing on this amazing ship. Our family has sailed with DCL 32 times, mostly on the longer European and Panama Canal sailings, but we did sail on the Dream back in 2014 and loved it.

We love the other 4 ships. The wish is great too. People often like to just complain on this forum. They are basically just talking to each other — without regard for the other 99 percent who are perfectly happy. And thrilled to be on vacation! And don’t care about cove cafe! And don’t care about so-called design flaws raised by people who certainly don’t have an engineering degree! And don’t care about the number and size of jewelry shops onboard!

These people would be mad it was the same style as the others ships - boring they would say. Or they are mad that there are some differences - how dare they move my coffee bar?! Haha.

So I wanted to add some balance and perspective with my original post. My wife and I have had a blast on our 10th Disney cruise. My 16 dsughter (her 9th cruise) has had a good time too with bingo, Vibe, fitness, trivia, meals, the Aqua mouse slide, etc. We’ve gone on the slide 3 times; once was enough for Star Wars lounge (fun though). The lines for entry into dining rooms have not been long. The lines for food by the pools have been fine, too. The shows during the dinners have been fun. After dinners, we liked the Seas show. We see Mermaid tonight.

We are bummed to be leaving the ship tomorrow. Off to Disney World. But you haters can keep on posting your hate here. We will still be having fun.

For someone that’s having such a great time you sure sound bitter , it’s good you posted a positive review but all of the other Wish lovers are free to post as well (we just haven’t heard from many of them)

One other thought - many folks have paid for their cruise over the course of a year. Me included. So it’s awesome to finally be on the cruise. I think it’s important to keep some perspective about that when you do reviews. Most all folks are truly just happy to be on vacation, on a beautiful ship, after paying a lot of money for a year. It’s a blessing to finally be here. They have no time or patience for the kind of nitpicking and dumb complaints that color entire reviews on this board. It’s quite a downer to read. But the first hand experience on the ship is incredible. Fear not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter