The Wish is Terrific

The TV over the bed is a huge negative/deal breaker? I'm not being sarcastic, i'm just amazed that they could spend $1 Billion on a ship and because they didn't use swivel mounts people are like, "Never again!".
Some people don't like change and they don't like when things are different from what they're familiar with. If a family has a regular practice of playing cartoons for the kids before bed, then the swivel TV matters. If a couple usually sits on the couch to watch the morning show, then the swivel TV matters.

Personally, I'm quite happy to see the larger TV at the end of the bed. That's exactly where I'd want it to be because I like to sometimes put a movie on before bed and those small TVs on the swivel arms were hard to see from the far side of the bed. Now, I'll get a much better view!

Some people don't like change and they don't like when things are different from what they're familiar with. If a family has a regular practice of playing cartoons for the kids before bed, then the swivel TV matters. If a couple usually sits on the couch to watch the morning show, then the swivel TV matters.

Personally, I'm quite happy to see the larger TV at the end of the bed. That's exactly where I'd want it to be because I like to sometimes put a movie on before bed and those small TVs on the swivel arms were hard to see from the far side of the bed. Now, I'll get a much better view!
In some rooms the tv is sideways by the bed. Can’t watch from the couch and can’t watch from the bed without straining your neck
1370C5EE-A8CE-4669-B36D-C5C74D1A4971.jpeg

Maybe it's not just the fact that it's a change, maybe it's the fact that the change impacts some element f a cruise experience that is important to a person.

Change for the sake is change is nothing great, change that improves a product or service, in the eye of a particular consumer, is a good thing.

For Dad and I it could be a problem, but I will gladly give him the bed if it’s really a problem.

Oh, I get that some people don't like change, I'm more amazed that people would name (as that poster did) that the TV setup is an absolute deal breaker for them. I picture making one of those big lists with the Pro's on one side and the Con's on the other and the Pro's list just runs on and on and the Con's list says "No Swivel Mount" and someone looks at it and goes, "Well that's a pretty easy no from me!". I'll acknowledge the other poster showing the TV on the side wall as a pretty ridiculous solution, but it's also probably a bit like many airlines dropping the seat back TV's because everyone just uses their phone/ipad instead anyway.

A couple more years and every ship will have Starlink like RCCL, they'll make money selling fast wifi streaming packages, Concierge will get free Wifi but they'll line up at midnight, 120 days out, to get limited edition "Cabana Wifi" that includes hors d'oeuvres, and maybe they'll replace the sidewall TV with towel hooks.

On the Wish now. This is my family’s 10th Disney cruise. We’ve been on all the ships. Im here with wife and daughter 16. We are in an ocean view stateroom. Not concierge. The ship is amazing. The food and service are terrific. Everything is brand new. So much negativity on this board with prior reviews of the Wish. Most people don’t care about all the stuff that is complained about here - cove cafe and supposed dead ends / design flaws and a different kind of quiet adult area?!?! 99 percent of people have interests other than these complaints. We had high expectations and are having a great time. Just wanted to post some positivity for those who may be popping over to this site before going on the Wish. It’s certainly not a horrible or weird or disturbing experience — which is the vibe that can come off on this site. So if you are going on the Wish in the coming months, you have a lot to look forward to. It’s been great.
Question for you: What is the activity listed in the Disney Wish Navigator called "Wish Quest"?
Navigator lists that "Wish Quest" takes place in Luna on deck 4. It is listed as an all ages activity.

Preparing for a cruise on the Disney Wish in November 2022, can you offer suggestions for "not to be missed" activities or spaces on the ship to visit?

Question for you: What is the activity listed in the Disney Wish Navigator called "Wish Quest"?
Navigator lists that "Wish Quest" takes place in Luna on deck 4. It is listed as an all ages activity.

Preparing for a cruise on the Disney Wish in November 2022, can you offer suggestions for "not to be missed" activities or spaces on the ship to visit?
If it is like the one on the other ships it is like a scavenger hunt

Yessss! This was one of my favorite things about the Wish too! So many more espresso machines! I need to be wired up for my trek to find a chair around Castaway Cay lol (I am not a morning person)! My room was on deck 6 forward so I would jaunt down to the Bayou real quick on 3, grab my iced shaken espresso with oatmilk and start my day!
Question for you: Are the coffee shops free? Or is there an extra cost?
In general, how do you know which quick service foods and drink shops are free or an additional cost?

Question for you: Are the coffee shops free? Or is there an extra cost?
In general, how do you know which quick service foods and drink shops are free or an additional cost?
Once u are on the ship it is easy peasy, the menu or signage generally says what costs extra and you can always ask if you want to be sure. If trying to plan ahead:

—Food at MDRs, buffet and poolside quick service are included.
—Sodas, basic juice (eg apple or orange juice) and basic hot coffee/tea are included at the MDRs, buffet and pool deck self service drink station. Coffee/tea and juice at the cafes are “fancier” (eg lattes, cold brew, matcha tea, fresh squeezed “green juice”) and is an upcharge.
—Popcorn, candy, and drinks at the theater (even soda) are an extra charge. However you can get your own soda from the pool deck and carry it down to the theater.
—Most room service food is free but some items like popcorn and candy are an upcharge (see menu for details). Most room service beverages are an upcharge, but you can get milk, basic coffee/tea, and basic juice for free.
—Dole whips, slushees, smoothies are an extra charge
—Late night buffets are free.
—At the pub themed bar on various ships, there is a menu where you can order wings/bar appetizer type food for an upcharge.
—For dessert, some ships have a sweet shop (Vannellope’s, Inside Out) with candies, cupcake, and gelato for an extra charge. The soft serve on the pool deck is free and any cakes/ice cream in the buffet and MDR are free. On ships other than the wish there are also free cakes at certain cafes but not on the Wish—you have to go to marceline market for that. On the wish one of the bars (Tianas) also has beignets for an upcharge.

Is the scavenger hunt a contest? Do you make a team with your family?
Yes and yes. They give you a prompt like “a tattoo” and you have to find a way to satisfy it, eg find someone with an actual tattoo or draw one on yourself with a pen. People get very creative with it sometimes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts