The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Hey everyone, we will be staying at WBC in October. Does anyone know if WBC supplies high chairs upon request? I saw it mentioned much further back in this thread but it seemed a bit unclear.

Yes, they'll bring a high chair to your room on request, as available, after you check in. Check that it has a working strap & buckle when it arrives. They're the wooden, stacking kind that you see in most restaurants, rather like this:
1660179808210.png

Yes, they'll bring a high chair to your room on request, as available, after you check in. Check that it has a working strap & buckle when it arrives. They're the wooden, stacking kind that you see in most restaurants, rather like this:
Thanks so much! I was hoping that was still the case. :)

Hi,
We're looking at WBC for a future stay, but I'm a little confused about the "cancelling reservations" thing I've seen, where preference goes to owners and reservations could be canceled? I was looking at vacation upgrades to rent, but I didn't know how that works with the current rules of owner preference. I hope I'm making sense, lol! Like I said, I'm confused about the whole thing, and I don't want to rent through vacation upgrades if there's a chance the reservation could be cancelled.
I read a recent review on tripadvisor, where someone had a reservation booked through the direct link on the WBC site (Extra Holidays) for one year ahead, and they canceled her reservation one hour before check in. There are a few other reports on there about reservations being cancelled on trip advisor so I have no idea what's going on.
Thanks for any info!

Sorry, me again!
Anyone know if the front desk might have a steamer we could use? Our clothes are going to be soooo wrinkly upon our arrival! I can obviously throw them in the dryer when we arrive but a steamer would be better. Thanks!

Anyone know if the front desk might have a steamer we could use? Our clothes are going to be soooo wrinkly upon our arrival! I can obviously throw them in the dryer when we arrive but a steamer would be better. Thanks!
Sorry, I've never heard of a resort having hand-held steamers available for guests. We've used the in-room iron & board, with or without a spritz of water. We've also hung clothing in the shower after steaming up the bathroom and we sometimes spray onto the hanging clothes, some Downy Wrinkle Release or a mixture of one part white vinegar with three parts water in a spray bottle. And of course, we may sprinkle an item or two (like a clean washcloth) with a little water and toss it into the dryer with wrinkled clothes.

Hi,
We're looking at WBC for a future stay, but I'm a little confused about the "cancelling reservations" thing I've seen, where preference goes to owners and reservations could be canceled? I was looking at vacation upgrades to rent, but I didn't know how that works with the current rules of owner preference. I hope I'm making sense, lol! Like I said, I'm confused about the whole thing, and I don't want to rent through vacation upgrades if there's a chance the reservation could be cancelled.
I read a recent review on tripadvisor, where someone had a reservation booked through the direct link on the WBC site (Extra Holidays) for one year ahead, and they canceled her reservation one hour before check in. There are a few other reports on there about reservations being cancelled on trip advisor so I have no idea what's going on.
Thanks for any info!
There are limits to how often a timeshare owner can book a reservation for a guest during certain times of the year at WBC and other Wyndham properties. If someone books a bunch of reservations past their limit, they can be canceled. The large point-management companies, like Vacation Upgrades, would be well-aware of these rules. They have been dealing with them for months.

I have not seen a bunch of reports of people showing up at the resort and having their reservations canceled. Obviously, you want to make sure the person you are renting from knows what they are doing and knows about these rules.

As to an Extra Holidays booking, that could be the case of Wyndham overbooking and "walking" the customer to a different property. That kind of thing happens much more in the hotel world than in the timeshare world, but it does happen. It happens to people staying at Disney resorts as well. Usually, you hear about "pixie dust" when someone is moved from a value to a deluxe hotel, but the reality is likely the value was likely overbooked.

I don't want to rent through vacation upgrades if there's a chance the reservation could be cancelled.
As @Upatnoon suggests, most owners who rent even moderately often should be well aware of the rules by now.

The first thing to check is to see if your dates are even covered: not all of them are. Here's the full list:
https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinat...rces/reservations/owner-priority-reservations

The short version: MLK weekend, President's Weekend, Spring Break (3/10-4/15), Summer (Memorial weekend through mid-August), Labor Day wekeend, Thanksgiving, and Christmas/New Years. For now, no other times are covered, and there is nothing to worry about. That could change, but reservations with guests added before those changes are allowed to stand.

Even if your dates are covered, you can still sometimes find someone who has one of their two exceptions remaining and/or will be traveling at the same time. Ask the owner why the reservation is within the policy. Most owners should know what they are doing and be able to explain it. The one answer you do not want to hear is that they won't add your name until the last minute so there is no time for Wyndham to cancel it. Wyndham is starting to find ways to prevent that.

Ok, we booked our week through Ken and Denise at Vacation Upgrades. My husband, kids and I have a two bedroom and my parents have a one bedroom. My Mom didn't wait for us to all coordinate flights and long story she booked a flight time that our points would not cover with the points we have. So, my parents arrive in Orlando at 3 and we arrive in Orlando at 8: 30. I had hoped we could check-in together to see if our rooms could be close together but that is not happening. Any suggestions on how we could do this? Could we call in advance? Could my Mom ask when she checks in?

Yes, I'd call the resort a few days prior to check-in and request that the two rooms be as close as possible to each other. They can look up the 2 reservations and put a note/comment that you're traveling together. When the first of you checks in, ask about it. They don't guarantee requests and they don't normally take room location requests from non-owners. But they'll try to place travel parties near each other, at least in the same tower, if not on the same floor.

Does anyone know if housekeeping still does a bedding change during an extended stay? I’m sure we’ve had this done before after about a week, but maybe things have changed since our last trip,

Wyndham owners can now book a single stay of up to 14 nights, and that is booked as a single reservation with a single cleaning between you and the next person who occupies the room. So if it is 14 nights or less from a single owner, probably not, but YMMV.

That is new in the last few years. Previously, reservations over seven nights were usually charged two housekeeping credits and had a mid-stay clean.

Is Wyndham Bonnet Creek as strict about closing pools during lightning storms as Disney and Universal? As in the MILES away that a storm is, and then closures. Not sure how many miles away the storm has to be, but they close very easily across whole park no matter where the lightning is closest to, parkwide. ((not trying to be disrespectful of safety, just wondering.)) Thanks!

Many Orlando (and Florida) resorts have a lightning notification system that sounds an alarm when lightning is detected within eight miles. Not sure if WBC has this system installed at their pools.

Was so surprised to hear about the new rules of Wyndham blocking popular dates for non owners. Tried to book spring break but only owners can stay during these times. Anyone know if this is temporary?

only owners can stay during these times. Anyone know if this is temporary?
Non-owners can stay there during restricted periods, but an owner either (a) has to be traveling to that resort at the same time as the guest or (b) use one of two "exceptions" per year. If you find an owner who hasn't used both exceptions yet, you can probably line something up.

As for permanent vs. temporary: Your guess is as good as mine. If this is just to remove the COVID point backlog, then it might not last more than another year or two. But a lot of owners (the ones who rarely rent) seem to like this, so it might stick around.

Non-owners can stay there during restricted periods, but an owner either (a) has to be traveling to that resort at the same time as the guest or (b) use one of two "exceptions" per year. If you find an owner who hasn't used both exceptions yet, you can probably line something up.

As for permanent vs. temporary: Your guess is as good as mine. If this is just to remove the COVID point backlog, then it might not last more than another year or two. But a lot of owners (the ones who rarely rent) seem to like this, so it might stick around.
Thank you! Good to know

What happens if we check in the day AFTER our reservation? Go-Koala has one extra night than we need - I don't mind paying for an extra night, especially since this should mean we have access to the room as soon as we check in, but I can't tell if the reservation is canceled if we don't show up or if they hold it. Since it's booked through Go-Koala, I can't see a way to ask the owner directly.

(previously, we have done this at Vistana without an issue)

Anyone know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter