The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I'm not Lisa, but...assuming you have a car, getting to/from anyplace not named Magic Kingdom is generally faster than relying on Disney transportation and e.g. Saratoga or Old Key West. For MK you have to do the TTC dance, but even that's not horrid. We are a staunch mid-day-break family, and thought Bonnet was an excellent location for this.
Oh wonderful, thank you!!! My kids are still nappers (and it gets ugly real quick if they don't) so I was hoping this was the case. Thanks for all your help!

We will also be going for a week in a couple of month. I’m also interested in knowing if they will replenish the clothes detergent and dish detergent. I’m not sure if I should pack extra.

I'll try to answer a couple questions...

CWBC has replenished d/w soap, TP, and tissues for us on request. IIRC, they said they didn't have extra paper towels available beyond the roll under the sink. For longer stays, we've brought our own toiletries, clothes detergent pods, dryer sheets, all in ziplocs, as well as ziploc bags, favorite coffee & creamer, etc. They do have basic supplies for sale in the lobby gift shop & Starbucks.

It's taken us about 5-10 minutes, tops, to get from our room, down the elevators, out to our car, and drive out the exit gate. Add longer when dealing with car seats and little ones. Then of course, there's the drive to the parks, walking across the parking lot, security, lines, etc.

IMO, taking a couple hours to leave a park midday, return to the room for an hour or more, and "lose" park time is a no-brainer. Everyone's enjoyment of the parks is really impacted by over-stimulated and worn-out kids (or adults!). We live by the ideas: "quit while you're ahead" and "enjoy what you ARE able to do, without regrets". That's just us. CWBC is located as close to the parks as CBR, OKW, and SSR.

There are single outlets (1 plug) in 2 MBR lamps and 1 LR lamp. (I don't remember the 2nd BR situation.) There are standard double outlets on the kitchen peninsula counter, and on each wall of each room - which meets modern building codes. If you want to charge multiple items (especially with USB cords) right next to each other, you may want to bring a splitter with you for those.

The balcony doors are heavy and easy to lock. However, our 4 year old DGD was able to open them (with permission) and a good effort. The balcony railing is tall and safe. The balcony is large enough to place the chairs and side table against the sliding doors, away from the railing. They may also be taken inside and left in the dining area when not in use. Get some dangling "jingle bells" and tape them (with duct tape or painters' tape) to the upper frame of the slider so you'd hear if a toddler tried to open it. HTH.

Last edited:
We will be staying at Club Wyndham for 6 nights in Dec. How much/little do they decorate the resort for Christmas and the holidays?

Get some dangling "jingle bells" and tape them (with duct tape or painters' tape) to the upper frame of the slider so you'd hear if a toddler tried to open it. HTH.
This is GENIUS. Thanks so much for all of that information- super helpful!!

3. At night, we will need to charge 4 iPhones, 2 Apple Watches, 2 stroller fans, 1 ECV, and 2 portable iPhone chargers (we come prepared LOL). Can anyone comment on the amount of outlets in the 2BR units? Or will we need to charge in shifts?
There are plenty of outlets. And also, check this out:
I’m in what I think is a renovated 2 bedroom, tower 1. There are USB ports in the plug on the kitchen counter. There are also a couple ports at the base of the lamp in the 2nd bedroom (the b/r with two beds).
The above quote was from 2018. All units have been renovated at least once since then, so you should be OK.

There are 2BR Deluxe units in all towers - I believe, with the possible exception of Tower 6, which has many presidential units of all sizes. All towers surround the lake and there's a walkway all the way around. It's really not a long walk to anywhere.

You may like to request Tower 5 to be closest to the pirate ship pool and the Spanish fort pool as well. Also, Tower 3 is on the other side of the pirate ship pool. If you wait until a few days before check-in, you may call the resort to make your request IF your FIL is an owner, and your name is on the reservation, understanding that requests are not guaranteed.

Yes, you may use all resort amenities on check-out day. Your wristband will still work in resort's front gate to give you access after you've checked out. I don't think you can use it to charge resort food & beverages after check-out, though I could be wrong.

Check the resort's activity schedule when you check-in. Visit the recreation desk: It's across the breezeway from the check-in lobby. There's an indoor children's craft/game room, an outdoor stage where animal presentations and entertainers perform, a firepit, a nicely shady playground area... lots for families to do on resort days. If your kids would like to feed the fish, turtles, birds, bring some fish food pellets or buy them at the activity desk. Have a fun trip!
Thanks! Could you share any thoughts on parking? I’ve read some stuff that it can be very difficult to find a spot on the surface spots if you’re coming back late. If I found the correct map, it looks like the garage is by tower 5 as well, is that correct?

Also, do all towers have elevators? It blows my mind that many Disney resorts don’t have elevators!
You may like to request Tower 5 to be closest to the pirate ship pool and the Spanish fort pool as well. Also, Tower 3 is on the other side of the pirate ship pool. If you wait until a few days before check-in, you may call the resort to make your request IF your FIL is an owner, and your name is on the reservation, understanding that requests are not guaranteed.
Thanks! I also had heard that finding parking in the surface lots can sometimes be a problem later at night. I think I saw on a map that the garage is near Tower 5 as well, is that correct? If we end up having to park in the garage, it would be nice if our room was close!

Sorry, a couple more questions: are life jackets provided for kids?

I also saw in a video that they were not providing tubes for the lazy river due to COVID. Is that still the case? If so, does anyone know how much the tubes cost at the shop there?

Hi all! We are staying in a few weeks (Sept 7-14, 2022) and have a few questions, if anyone is able to offer input it would be greatly appreciated!

1. Of the provided amenities (dishwasher soap, coffee/filters, salt & pepper, etc.) how good are they about providing refills when you're there for an entire week? Should I plan on bringing my own replacements (not ideal) or can I bank on them being accommodating and offering up more laundry detergent etc. if needed? Not all I'm about to list are included, I know, but specifically I'm wondering if I can save any luggage space on: paper plates/paper towel, garbage bags, laundry detergent, dish soap/dishwasher detergent, coffee filters, ziplock baggies, travel coffee mugs.
2. How long, would you estimate, it takes to get from the FURTHEST tower to the front gates/leaving the property? I know this place is huge, and I'm trying to strategize our arrival for Rope Drop. How long do I need to account for getting from our hotel room (wherever it may be), to our car and then out the gates? 5 minutes? 20 minutes?
3. At night, we will need to charge 4 iPhones, 2 Apple Watches, 2 stroller fans, 1 ECV, and 2 portable iPhone chargers (we come prepared LOL). Can anyone comment on the amount of outlets in the 2BR units? Or will we need to charge in shifts?
4. How safe do you find the balcony doors? Easy to lock & hard/heavy to open? Our kids are 3 and 2 and the youngest one considers himself a Houdini of sorts and my biggest fear is him getting out on the balcony.

Thanks all!!
Chip clips are something we always bring now. Small, but so useful. And dryer sheets and ziplocks. The salt & pepper is tiny. If you want to coat a bunch of steaks with salt, I would bring it from the store.
Thanks! Could you share any thoughts on parking? I’ve read some stuff that it can be very difficult to find a spot on the surface spots if you’re coming back late. If I found the correct map, it looks like the garage is by tower 5 as well, is that correct?

Also, do all towers have elevators? It blows my mind that many Disney resorts don’t have elevators!

Thanks! I also had heard that finding parking in the surface lots can sometimes be a problem later at night. I think I saw on a map that the garage is near Tower 5 as well, is that correct? If we end up having to park in the garage, it would be nice if our room was close!
All the towers have elevators. Speedy elevators. This resort is much newer than some of the older Disney resorts without them.

Parking can be tighter on the Tower 4, 5 and 6 side of the resort if you show up late after most of the guests have returned. There is a parking garage on that side and some people don't like parking in a garage.

Parking is easier on the other side of the resort as the towers are smaller. That is all surface parking.

I have never had an issue with not finding a space, but I have had to park in the garage a couple times.

The parking situation is going to vary from week to week depending on occupancy, how many people drove, etc.

There is always the option of dropping everyone off at the front entrance of your tower and then going off to park. I have done that with tired kids.

Agree with above. And the lazy rivers have plenty of inner tubes available, right next to the entry points, at no charge. Have a fun vaca!

Any idea how early rooms are assigned? We're going next week and will be in a 4 bedroom for the first time. It's a bit of a splurge as we don't need the extra room (the 3 bedroom presidential we prefer wasn't available), so I'm really hoping that we get a good view. Is there any point in calling in advance to check for an assigned room/tower number, or should I just try to be patient and wait till we check in.

Any idea how early rooms are assigned? We're going next week and will be in a 4 bedroom for the first time. It's a bit of a splurge as we don't need the extra room (the 3 bedroom presidential we prefer wasn't available), so I'm really hoping that we get a good view. Is there any point in calling in advance to check for an assigned room/tower number, or should I just try to be patient and wait till we check in.
All the four bedrooms are on the top floors of the towers and have great views

With towers between 7 and 19 floors high, rooms on the upper floors will all have long range views. It may be a view past the lake to the other side or it may be a view over the trees to surrounding regions and theme parks. To see the ground below (and possibly a parking lot), you'd need to step out on the balcony and look down. Enjoy the views!

Sorry, a couple more questions: are life jackets provided for kids?
I second this question!!! Would love to save luggage space!!

Chip clips are something we always bring now. Small, but so useful
Oooooh- do you bring them strictly for their intended use (to close opened chip bags LOL) or do you have some other secret hack I should know about???? Thanks for all your insight!

Chip clips are great for blackout curtains that don't quite close all the way/overlap by themselves.
Oh yes, I do have clothespins packed for this reason! Good call!

Side question - does anyone know if the two double beds in the 2BR Deluxe Units can be pushed together? Or are they fixed to the floor? TIA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter