The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Anyone know the status of Tower 6 renovation? I know it is still in their welcome emails and states until 2023, and what construction project ever wraps up early??? But I figured I'd ask :rolleyes:

We have a 2BR Presidential reservation coming up soon, and it occurs to me that we most likely won't be getting the lake view that I always prefer. Oh well.
Wondering the same thing. Wondering if you went or if you got any information. We go next week. Thank you!

The lazy river is at Tower 5 between Tower 4 and 6. It's open and tubes are provided.
Looking for any current information on if the construction for Tower 6 was finished and are all the pools/lazy rivers open currently. We go next week. Thank you for your help!

Wondering the same thing. Wondering if you went or if you got any information. We go next week. Thank you!
We did go :) We were there about a month ago now. Tower 6 exterior is likely still being worked on, it looked like they were mid way through the right side and still needed to do the left side. When we were there the pool was open and just the pool deck area directly beneath the side they were working on was closed. Plenty of space on the rest of the pool deck, though. And aside from visually seeing the construction, it didn't have any impact on our stay.

how is the Internet connection? would my husband be able to work online from the room during the day?

Internet has always been good for us. My DH and I have both done plenty of work online from WBC over multiple visits. I didn't have to log on at all on this last trip (woo hoo!) but my DH did, and no problems.

We are excited to stay at WBC again this September; haven’t been since 2017. I’ve looked through a lot of this thread but can’t seem to put all the info together to answer my question: are there any towers/buildings that haven’t been renovated or updated in the last few years? We are booked for a one bedroom and if given a preference, prefer a more quiet, non hectic location. Any advice? Thanks!

We are excited to stay at WBC again this September; haven’t been since 2017. I’ve looked through a lot of this thread but can’t seem to put all the info together to answer my question: are there any towers/buildings that haven’t been renovated or updated in the last few years? We are booked for a one bedroom and if given a preference, prefer a more quiet, non hectic location. Any advice? Thanks!
They have all been renovated, multiple times.

As for where to stay, I think Tower 1 is the quietest area. It is a smaller tower and doesn't have a pool right in front.

The busiest area would be in front of Tower 5 and 6.

The Tower 1, 2 and 3 side of the resort is less hectic overall because of the smaller towers.

While there are people around, I really don't think the resort is overly hectic. Many people are away at the parks. The units are large, so the "population density" isn't what you would see at a hotel.

The only place I wouldn't want to stay is on the ground level of Tower 2 in front of the minigolf area.

Have fun!

They have all been renovated, multiple times.

As for where to stay, I think Tower 1 is the quietest area. It is a smaller tower and doesn't have a pool right in front.

The busiest area would be in front of Tower 5 and 6.

The Tower 1, 2 and 3 side of the resort is less hectic overall because of the smaller towers.

While there are people around, I really don't think the resort is overly hectic. Many people are away at the parks. The units are large, so the "population density" isn't what you would see at a hotel.

The only place I wouldn't want to stay is on the ground level of Tower 2 in front of the minigolf area.

Have fun!
Thank you for sharing, I appreciate it!

Hi everyone! I'm new to Disboards and I'm hoping this is an appropriate place to post a couple of questions about Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We will be staying there October 23-29 with our 3 boys (4, 7, and 9). We have a two bedroom deluxe room booked for us by my FIL and we are super excited; the resort looks awesome! I'm not sure if the two bedroom units would only be in certain towers and I was just wondering if there's any certain building or other special request that I should make. The pirate ship pool looks pretty cool, so maybe something close to there? If I can/should make a special room request, when can I do that?

I was also wondering if we can still use the pools and other amenities after we have checked out on our last day.

Also, I would love any recommendations for restaurants on property or close by (we will have a rental car), particularly anything that will be budget-friendly. Lastly, what are some things to do on-property with 3 young boys besides mini-golf and swimming?

Thanks!

There are 2BR Deluxe units in all towers - I believe, with the possible exception of Tower 6, which has many presidential units of all sizes. All towers surround the lake and there's a walkway all the way around. It's really not a long walk to anywhere.

You may like to request Tower 5 to be closest to the pirate ship pool and the Spanish fort pool as well. Also, Tower 3 is on the other side of the pirate ship pool. If you wait until a few days before check-in, you may call the resort to make your request IF your FIL is an owner, and your name is on the reservation, understanding that requests are not guaranteed.

Yes, you may use all resort amenities on check-out day. Your wristband will still work in resort's front gate to give you access after you've checked out. I don't think you can use it to charge resort food & beverages after check-out, though I could be wrong.

Check the resort's activity schedule when you check-in. Visit the recreation desk: It's across the breezeway from the check-in lobby. There's an indoor children's craft/game room, an outdoor stage where animal presentations and entertainers perform, a firepit, a nicely shady playground area... lots for families to do on resort days. If your kids would like to feed the fish, turtles, birds, bring some fish food pellets or buy them at the activity desk. Have a fun trip!

We enjoy the pool bar near Tower 5 And the new ice cream store is good. Back Bay is also nice. But, Keep in mind you’re very close to Disney Springs if you have a car or Uber.

Hi everyone! I'm new to Disboards and I'm hoping this is an appropriate place to post a couple of questions about Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We will be staying there October 23-29 with our 3 boys (4, 7, and 9). We have a two bedroom deluxe room booked for us by my FIL and we are super excited; the resort looks awesome! I'm not sure if the two bedroom units would only be in certain towers and I was just wondering if there's any certain building or other special request that I should make. The pirate ship pool looks pretty cool, so maybe something close to there? If I can/should make a special room request, when can I do that?

I was also wondering if we can still use the pools and other amenities after we have checked out on our last day.

Also, I would love any recommendations for restaurants on property or close by (we will have a rental car), particularly anything that will be budget-friendly. Lastly, what are some things to do on-property with 3 young boys besides mini-golf and swimming?

Thanks!
There are deluxe two-bedrooms in all the towers, including Tower 6. They are on the lower floors in that tower.

Towers 5 and 6 are closest to the pirate pool and lazy river. That is busiest area of the resort, as those are the biggest towers.

The pool over by Building 3 has a slide that goes into the pool. There is a slide at the pirate pool, but it is a stand-alone slide.

But no matter where you are, the resort is compact and an easy walk to whatever pool you want to visit.

Have a great time!

I remember someone posted the link to the activities schedule, but I can't find it for the life of me. Does anyone have the link?

Hi all! We are staying in a few weeks (Sept 7-14, 2022) and have a few questions, if anyone is able to offer input it would be greatly appreciated!

1. Of the provided amenities (dishwasher soap, coffee/filters, salt & pepper, etc.) how good are they about providing refills when you're there for an entire week? Should I plan on bringing my own replacements (not ideal) or can I bank on them being accommodating and offering up more laundry detergent etc. if needed? Not all I'm about to list are included, I know, but specifically I'm wondering if I can save any luggage space on: paper plates/paper towel, garbage bags, laundry detergent, dish soap/dishwasher detergent, coffee filters, ziplock baggies, travel coffee mugs.
2. How long, would you estimate, it takes to get from the FURTHEST tower to the front gates/leaving the property? I know this place is huge, and I'm trying to strategize our arrival for Rope Drop. How long do I need to account for getting from our hotel room (wherever it may be), to our car and then out the gates? 5 minutes? 20 minutes?
3. At night, we will need to charge 4 iPhones, 2 Apple Watches, 2 stroller fans, 1 ECV, and 2 portable iPhone chargers (we come prepared LOL). Can anyone comment on the amount of outlets in the 2BR units? Or will we need to charge in shifts?
4. How safe do you find the balcony doors? Easy to lock & hard/heavy to open? Our kids are 3 and 2 and the youngest one considers himself a Houdini of sorts and my biggest fear is him getting out on the balcony.

Thanks all!!

if I can save any luggage space on: paper plates/paper towel, garbage bags, laundry detergent, dish soap/dishwasher detergent, coffee filters, ziplock baggies, travel coffee mugs.
You definitely won't find travel mugs in the unit, nor ziplocs. The rest you'll probably be okay with, with maybe the exception of coffee filters. There are no paper plates, but there will be service for eight.

You definitely won't find travel mugs in the unit, nor ziplocs. The rest you'll probably be okay with, with maybe the exception of coffee filters. There are no paper plates, but there will be service for eight.
What about paper to go cups for the coffee? And they provide coffee?

We had a great time, even in the 95+ degree heat, by enjoying resort activities and air-conditioned rest midday. Love the Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort!!!
Hi Lisa! Would you mind commenting on how you feel leaving the parks & returning to WBC for a midday rest? Did you feel it "ate up" too much time in transportation?

What about paper to go cups for the coffee? And they provide coffee?
I don't think there are paper cups. You will have one or two packets of bad hotel coffee. I wouldn't so much as touch them, but I also am a bit of a snob.
Would you mind commenting on how you feel leaving the parks & returning to WBC for a midday rest? Did you feel it "ate up" too much time in transportation?
I'm not Lisa, but...assuming you have a car, getting to/from anyplace not named Magic Kingdom is generally faster than relying on Disney transportation and e.g. Saratoga or Old Key West. For MK you have to do the TTC dance, but even that's not horrid. We are a staunch mid-day-break family, and thought Bonnet was an excellent location for this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter