• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Bonnet Creek thread! (pics and reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently stumbled upon this website and have been reading this whole thread (long!) but loving it! We are staying at WBC in September with our almost 4 yr old twin boys. I'm SO excited after reading all the reviews and thoughts. This will be the boys first trip to Disney! Can't wait!!

What a wonderful time. Seeing the park through new eyes (2 in this case) makes it new all over again for you too! I remember our first trip with our daughter when she was small & it was one of our most enjoyable ever. We have largely soured on most of Disney since but that doesn't change the memories of that really special trip.

Checked in this afternoon right around 4 PM with no problems. Everyone has been very friendly so far. Our request for tower 5 parking lot views was honored. Loved watching the fireworks from Epcot this evening. I'm tired since I've been up since 4 AM for a full day of travel so please excuse my short choppy sentences.

After months of stalking this thread we have taken our trip to Bonnet Creek and I thought I would share our experience. My husband and I (both in our 30's) took the trip May 13-20th. We stayed in a two bedroom deluxe in building four on the second floor facing the lake. Our trip was intended to be relaxing just attending the TPC at Sawgrass and seeing Seaworld.

We arrived at 2:30 on a Friday and was worried about checking in before 4 but was pleasantly surprised had no one in front of us in line and was able to get our room right away. The room was clean, spacious and having the second bathroom was a godsend. We also did 2 loads of laundry while we were there. We then headed to a nearby Wal-mart to stock up for grocery's. We were on a tight budget and did fairly well only eating out twice. The room was well stocked but I will recommend getting baggies for leftovers. We flew down so had to try to buy things that we wouldn't have to throw away like ketchup, mustard, milk, etc.

We hit the pools everyday and especially like all of the hot tubs hidden away that didn't have a lot of kids in them. The pools are very nice and lots of fun areas for kids.

Overall our stay here was wonderful. We had to leave a day early due to a death in the family and would like to be able to come back and enjoy a full week. The staff were wonderful and helpful trying to get arrangements back and very accomodating in us having to leave early.

Thanks to everyone on this Thread for all of the helpful information about WBC. As a result of this Thread, I learned about WBC and saved $1,000 or more over a stay that I had reserved at the Beach Club. I would like to provide my review of WBC as a way of thanking you for the great tips/advice and to help others who might be considering a stay at WBC.

We arrived at Noon on Sunday (5/29) for check-in. Front Desk took down our information and we got our parking pass at that time. Our room wasn't ready (Tower 4 requested), so we went to Downtown Disney to eat lunch and walk around. At 1:30 p.m., Front Desk called to say that our room was ready. Tower 4, High Floor with Lake View. I don't know why, but I was surprised that they called. I assumed that we would be coming back at 4 p.m. to a crowded lobby to "check in" again.

Below are my impressions of the resort (we have never stayed off-site before and have stayed on-site approximately 20+ times from All Stars/Pop to Poly in price):

Pros:

2 BR Deluxe. Having the extra space has been great. The room to spread out and have an extra bedroom/bathroom has been a true luxury.
Our food bill outside of the groceries has been approximately $200. We will probably end up with a total food bill of $500 for 7 days. Averaging $70/day for our family at Disney is a good deal. On the DDP, we would have spent over $100/day on food.

The pools. Tower 4 has been a great location for us. It is a 2 minute walk to the Main Bldg. Tower 4 has a quieter pool, because it doesn't have any "features." It is a 1 minute walk to the lazy river at Tower 5 and is a 2 minute walk to the Pirate Pool at Tower 6. There are several grills located at the end of the building. For anyone curious, there is an ice machine located in the lobby of Tower 4 as you exit to the pool. It is very convenient for filling up a cooler on the way to the pool for the day. We have visited all of the pools and have found them all to be very good.

Activities. We have played putt-putt, ping pong and attended the Gator Show. The activities employees seem to have a lot of energy and are friendly and helpful. There is an activities desk located in the Main Building and in Tower 6.

Location. I truly did not appreciate how great the WBC location was until we arrived. It might be the most convenient resort in WDW. We have our car on our trip, so we have driven to the parks for the first time in our 20+ visits to WDW. This has been the biggest surprise for us. We have loved it. It took us 5 minutes to get to Epcot (12 minutes from the time we left WBC until we were in the park). In fact, I am convinced that we parked closer than the Disney bus drop-off point. It was so convenient that we decided to come back to WBC after lunch for a few hours to rest. Later that afternoon, we drove 4 minutes over the Boardwalk and ate there before entering the Epcot countries through the back entrance. It is probably a 3 minute drive to Downtown Disney, Typhoon Lagoon and to DHS. On the day that we visited MK, we left WBC at 8:35 and were inside the park by 9:10. In the future, when we stay on-site, we will drive to the parks instead of using the Disney buses (with the possible exception of MK due to the proximity of the bus drop-off location near the entrance).

Minor Cons:

Front Desk Service. While the front desk staff has not been rude, we have not found them to be particularly helpful or welcoming either. We had a problem with our keys (they were not demagnetized, but they simply would not work). I had to return to the Main Building on 4 occasions before the issue was resolved. Not terrible as Tower 4 is a very short walk to the Main Building, but this could have been a terrible situation if we were located in Tower 3. On the other hand, they did honor our building request and allowed us to check in early.

Pool crowds/noise. We haven't found it difficult to find a chair, but the more popular pools are definitely more crowded and livelier. Sometimes it is difficult to locate a tube at the lazy river at Tower 5 and sometimes the Pirate Pool area at Tower 6 is a little too crowded for my taste. All in all, it hasn't been terrible by any means, but a minor nuisance at times. For those looking for peace and quiet (we haven't been with a 9 yo and 5 yo), there definitely seems to be more noise at the Tower 5 and 6 pools with less crowds at the Tower 3 & 4 pools and the main building pool. Also, the crowds tend to follow the live music. If live music for the day is at Tower 4, then the crowd at Tower 4 will be larger than Tower 3 and vice versa.

Cooking, Cleaning and Lack of On-Site Dining: We are on vacation, but we are cooking and cleaning on a daily basis. On the flip side, we are saving a great deal of money, but there is definitely some work involved. Also, there are not great options for dining at WBC. The pool bars are great for drinks and they do offer food options at reasonable prices (compared to WDW). However, the food is average with little variety. Great in a pinch, but I wouldn't want to eat it every meal. Also, we have particular restaurants that we always dine in at WDW. We haven't visited most of these restaurants this trip, because we are staying at WBC, we are not on the DDP and don't feel that the additional expense is warranted when we have groceries in the room. As a result, I have missed not eating at some of our favorite places.

Things to Consider for First Timers to WBC:

Lack of Disney theme. This has been a positive for us on this trip as we did not want this to be our normal Disney trip. Typically, we stay on site with a 4 or 5 day park hopper and go from rope drop to fireworks hopping from park to park. We really wanted to have a relaxing vacation this trip and try some of the things that we always say we want to do but never seem to have time for (i.e. water parks, putt-putt, Downtown Disney, etc.). We specifically chose not to buy our 3 or 4 day theme park tickets until we arrived, because we didn't want to feel compelled to visit the parks every day. As a result, we have only purchased 2 day MYW tickets + WP&MF option. We have taken things on our schedule and have only visited MK and Epcot in 5 days. Tomorrow, we will visit TL and that will be it for this trip. However, we have been to DTD twice (including DisneyQuest), visited the Boardwalk and played two rounds of putt-putt at WBC. Importantly, we are rested and relaxed, because we have slept in most mornings and have spent 3 days at WBC lounging by the pools.

In the future, if we are looking for the total Disney immersion experience with wall to wall theme park visits, then we will stay on-site again for EMH, resort theming, etc. If we are looking for a stress-free vacation with a few visits to theme parks, visits to Universal or SeaWorld or just need our WDW fix on a tight budget, then we will definitely return to WBC. I would never stay at a Value or probably even a Moderate again knowing that WBC exists. We booked our room for $72/night on eBay. The extra room, kitchen, washer/dryer and pools make it the hands-down winner over a Disney Value or Moderate. However, there are times that I would stay at a Deluxe instead of WBC -- depending on the circumstances (i.e. 40% off sale, monorail requirement, Epcot resort area for Food & Wine, etc). Overall, we have been very pleased with WBC and would highly recommend it. The value for the amount of space in a 2BR and the outstanding resort amenities make it a great option for a WDW vacation.

Hey guys! I just realized this thread is already almost 10 pages more than the 250 page limit. I'm sure the mods will be locking it down any day now. I haven't seen vettechick99 around in a while. I'd like to see her have the honor of starting the new thread since she started this one.

Thanks to everyone on this Thread for all of the helpful information about WBC. As a result of this Thread, I learned about WBC and saved $1,000 or more over a stay that I had reserved at the Beach Club. I would like to provide my review of WBC as a way of thanking you for the great tips/advice and to help others who might be considering a stay at WBC.

This is very helpful - thanks for taking the time to post it. :lovestruc:lovestruc

We have 14 year old boy/girl twins, they want to walk around the resort by themselves. How safe would you feel letting them explore.

Also, we prefer to be closest to the main building, are there condos in the same building as the main lobby?
TIA!

We have 14 year old boy/girl twins, they want to walk around the resort by themselves. How safe would you feel letting them explore.
TIA!

I would feel comfortable letting them off by themselves during the day. Not so much at night, although I would probably let them go to the pool closest to your building.

Also, we prefer to be closest to the main building, are there condos in the same building as the main lobby?
TIA!
No to rooms in the main building.

We were in Tower 4, which is next to the main building, and we found it to be a really convenient location.

It's just a short walk to the main building, which has the activities center and pool with lazy river.

At Tower 4, you have a regular pool, Escudos, and the boardwalk out onto the lake. Then, sort of connected to that area, is the Tower 5 pool with its lazy river.

Just another couple hundred yards past Tower 5 is the Tower 6 (Pirate) pool and slide.

Towers 1,2, and 3 are on the other side of the lake. I don't know the distance around the entire lake, but I don't think it's more than a mile. Compared to the walking in the theme parks, it's nothinig!

For teenagers, I would safe letting them explore the resort area during the day on their own.

The distance on the path around the lake is 2/3 mile.

When I stay here in December, I will be without a car and relying on the shuttle. For those of you who have used the shuttle, can I get to the parks by rope drop? The only park that I am concerned about is the studios (have to do the mad dash for those TSMM fastpasses!).Thanks

Hollywood Studios is the closest park (driving distance, anyway - Epcot is closer, but the entrance is further away). If nothing else, you could always taxi over.

Wow! What a great thread. Been away from Disney for awhile. We are planning a big family disney vacation soon and heard about Bonnet Creek.

Could you please let me know your thoughts on the 4 bedroom suites. Is this roomy enough for 6 adults and 2 small children?

We usually stay on the grounds but since we are covering all costs we are comparing both on/off site.

Bonnet Creek looks beautiful and the grandkids would love the pool area.

Thanks!;)

Where do you typically prefer to make your grocery stop? We'll be flying into MCO and renting a car.

Where do you typically prefer to make your grocery stop? We'll be flying into MCO and renting a car.

Walmart Supercenter
3250 Vineland Rd
Kissimmee, FL 34746

This is the Wal-Mart we usually use. It's about 5 minutes from the resort. It is a Super Wal-Mart, so it has everything, including beer and wine. We will also use Publix. The one we go to is much further away. I think this is the address for that one:

2915 Vineland Rd
Kissimmee, FL 34746-5505
Main: (407) 396-7525
Fax: (407) 396-5423
Liquor Store: (407) 396-7221

Joe

We went to Super Target, which is just past Walmart on Irlo Bronson.. I prefer Target over Walmart any day.. we did run into Walmart quick later in the week.. there is also a Public in the same area.. so easy to get to from WBC

Could you please let me know your thoughts on the 4 bedroom suites. Is this roomy enough for 6 adults and 2 small children?
Are the 6 adults three couples (or at least two couples and two that don't mind sleeping in the same bedroom)? Are the kids okay in their own bedroom (with separate beds)? If so, it should be just about pefect. I'm pretty sure the 4BR has two bedrooms with a king bed and two bedrooms with two doubles. The dining room table seats 8 easily.

Hello Folks,
Arriving with my family over the busy holiday July 4th period. I've read about the tubes at the lazy rivers sometimes being all taken and I'm wondering what WBC policy is regarding personal noodles, floats, tubes, etc in the pools. Are they allowed?? Second, my aunt is arriving half way through out trip to stay with us. She be taking a limo from MCO to WBC---any policies about her entering the resort. Can she just say she is a guest of me??? Thanks!

I usually pick up a noodle at the Target described by a previous poster and use it in the lazy rivers at WBC becuase the tubes irritate my arms.

I have never had a problem. You can also check noodles out at the acitivity desk in the mail building but I think they limit it to a two hour span.

I don't want to worry about that so I just go buy the noodles.

I think your aunt can just tell the guard when she gets to the gate. The guard has a list of all the guest and if she gives them the name the reservation is in and says she is a guest, I think it will be fine.

My friend's sister arrived several days after we checked in last September and we did not have any problems.

I love the convience of being close to disney but that may be to small for our group. We may need to rent a house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter